Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Greensteel "exceptional" stats

Looking at making a GS Cloak.

Using http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~delalle...roud/index.php as my planner, confirming it with the stand alone program recommended on here.

My question:

Under the SP category are the stats "exceptional" stats as indicated when you highlight them, or are they just normal stats?

I am thinking of going with +1 Cha and +2 Cha in T1 and T2 but not the +3 Cha in T3. This is fine if they are exceptional stats as they will then stack with my +6 Cha item for a total of +9. However if they are not exceptional then I would still need the +6 Cha item and the +3 Cha would be wasted on my cloak.

Thank you for your help

They are Exceptional CHA *skills*, not stats.

So if you have a standing 10 Haggle or Intim, and put on a +1, +2, +3 CHA skills item, you would have +6 to those charisma based skills.
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by phalaeo View Post
    They are Exceptional CHA *skills*, not stats.

So if you have a standing 10 Haggle or Intim, and put on a +1, +2, +3 CHA skills item, you would have +6 to those charisma based skills.
    Ye, as soon as I posted this message a friend pointed it out to me. Excellent to have it confirmed.

Thank you

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaNeed View Post
    My question:

Under the SP category are the stats "exceptional" stats as indicated when you highlight them, or are they just normal stats?
    Is there anything not clear enough in the description? It should say it's an exceptional bonus to skills when you mouse over it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by tihocan View Post
    Is there anything not clear enough in the description? It should say it's an exceptional bonus to skills when you mouse over it.
    Is there any reason to be rude? NO! So, please leave this thread and go troll somewhere else.

Now, a further question. Exceptional stats to skills, would that include health with + con exceptional stats? Or damage with + strength exceptional skills?

Thank you again.

Now, a further question. Exceptional stats to skills, would that include health with + con exceptional stats? Or damage with + strength exceptional skills?
    Negative Ghostrider.

+1 to skills means +1 to skills, for example - The only Con skill is Concentration. The Str skills are Jump and Swim. +1 Exceptional Str skill would give you +1 to Swim and +1 to Jump.

FWIW, that is the planner I use. Never had any problems with it.
    Last edited by JustWinBaby; 09-30-2010 at 08:33 AM.
    Ghallanda - Deltree (Rogue 11), Niecih (Cleric 14) Pemn (Barb 8), Ehseri (Sorc 3) - Blackmoor Defenders

Is there any reason to be rude? NO! So, please leave this thread and go troll somewhere else.

Thank you again.

how was he rude? looks pretty cut and dry to me. Perhaps not flying off the handle over percieved rudeness would be a better tactic to employ. Err on the side of assuming people arnt always being jack-a's
    Do or Do not..... there is no Try. -Yoda
    'DDO, or DDOn't. There is no WoW' -Dunklezhan

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

I wasn't being rude, I'm the author of the planner and I wanted to know if my description wasn't clear enough, so I could update it to avoid confusion in the future.

Community Member

Thank you again.
    No.

If you are wanting to increase stats, you need to craft a GS weapon not an item.
    Otherwise it will only increase skills, HP, or SP based upon tier.

Or get you TOD rings and craft on those for exceptional stat increase.

I wasn't being rude, I'm the author of the planner and I wanted to know if my description wasn't clear enough, so I could update it to avoid confusion in the future.
    It's not you- even though it says it right there, building Greensteel is confusing to most people the first time they do it. They've heard (correctly) that "Shroud SP stacks with all other forms of SP", and that it is possible to get Exc. Stats on Greensteel.... so they start thinking in terms of stackables, not skill enhancements.

Took me a while of reading the planner before I realized that you can get stats, but only on weapons, not items, EXCEPT +6 WIS, which comes on items, but only if you do this Existential Stalemate thingy.....

I think I've stayed behind in more than a dozen Shrouds to help explain the crafting, and I hear confusion about the skills thing a lot.
    ~ Ascent~

Community Member

BTW.

If you are crafting a cloak for a caster, you should go with a dual supreme shard Tier 3 Con Opp Cloak.
    You can make it SP or HP plus Con Opp. It will save you some slots and crafting later.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Thank you again.
    Nope.

Easiest way to tell what skills you may want boosted is to open your character sheet and see what stat (WIS, CON, DEX) affects what skill (UMD, Jump, Disable Device, etc.)

Take a look in all the skills in your character sheet that you have put ranks in- is there one or two in particular you would like to see higher? For example, my main is a Cleric- she needs Concentration (CON skill) and Balance (DEX skill). I can then go to the Greensteel planner and choose either all CON skills, all DEX skills, or a combination of DEX skills and CON skills. Perhaps there is not an option to have both CON skills and DEX skills on the same item, in which case I need to make some choices as to which is more important.

If you are a melee type, you may want CHA Skills, which will add to your Intimidate (Intimidate is a CHA skill). Rogues may want INT skills to assist with disabling traps....etc. etc.
    ~ Ascent~

Quote Originally Posted by DragonMageT View Post
    BTW.

If you are crafting a cloak for a caster, you should go with a dual supreme shard Tier 3 Con Opp Cloak.
    You can make it SP or HP plus Con Opp. It will save you some slots and crafting later.

Just my 2 cents worth.
    Depends on your slotting- you may want the Stormreaver's Napkin there.

Sounds like the OP is playing a melee class, given the questions about STR skills and increased damage.
    ~ Ascent~

Community Member

Depends on your slotting- you may want the Stormreaver's Napkin there.

Sounds like the OP is playing a melee class, given the questions about STR skills and increased damage.
    Sounded like a caster to me, given the SP category selection from the planner.
    OP said he wanted to craft a GS cloak, didn't say anything about best possible selection for that specific slot.

Maybe he's both, melee caster

Community Member

Cool

It's not you- even though it says it right there, building Greensteel is confusing to most people the first time they do it. They've heard (correctly) that "Shroud SP stacks with all other forms of SP", and that it is possible to get Exc. Stats on Greensteel.... so they start thinking in terms of stackables, not skill enhancements.

Took me a while of reading the planner before I realized that you can get stats, but only on weapons, not items, EXCEPT +6 WIS, which comes on items, but only if you do this Existential Stalemate thingy.....

I think I've stayed behind in more than a dozen Shrouds to help explain the crafting, and I hear confusion about the skills thing a lot.
    I totally agree with this, your planner is great but greensteel crafting is really confusing for newbies.

I am still using your planner up to now and it really helped me plan for my final equips but even though it is very user friendly, the actual greensteel crafting was just confusing at first but it gets easier once you know all these details like stacking rules, +skill bonuses, etc.
    Visit our Blog - http://slackermommy.com

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajinSensei View Post
    I totally agree with this, your planner is great but greensteel crafting is really confusing for newbies.

I am still using your planner up to now and it really helped me plan for my final equips but even though it is very user friendly, the actual greensteel crafting was just confusing at first but it gets easier once you know all these details like stacking rules, +skill bonuses, etc.
    What he said!

You planner is amazing. Thank you for it, your post came across as being very rude as I (wrongly so) assumed it was sarcastic. For my response I apologise. As for the wording, well I misunderstood the difference between skills and stats.

As for the item I plan on crafting, well, my opening post was about a spell casters (12 Bard/8 ranger I think his final build will be when U7 comes out) and was relating to questions he was asking me as he is not able to access the forums from work. I play a pure Barbarian (lv20 with acid/good/acid T3 upgraded great axe) and a lv17 pure Rogue who is just starting Shroud. I obviously need a similar weapon for my rogue first, but have loads of small/medium materials so was looking into a second item for my Barb and was deciding what to do with my cloak.

I think I will go triple good guard (or triple acid guard) what do you guys think of that? Do the T1 and T2 guards stack or overwrite each other?

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

I think I will go triple good guard (or triple acid guard) what do you guys think of that? Do the T1 and T2 guards stack or overwrite each other?
    The guards at different tiers stack. And Earthgrab guard is (much) more useful than greater disruption guard.

The guards at different tiers stack. And Earthgrab guard is (much) more useful than greater disruption guard.
    What about Lightning Strike Guard or Radiance Guard?
    Ghallanda - Deltree (Rogue 11), Niecih (Cleric 14) Pemn (Barb 8), Ehseri (Sorc 3) - Blackmoor Defenders

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by JustWinBaby View Post
    What about Lightning Strike Guard or Radiance Guard?
    Radiance guard is great (for blinding purpose, the damage part is weak).
    Lightning Strike guard is fun when it goes off, but it doesn't happen often enough to be considered a meaningful damage dealer.

Community Member

Radiance guard is great (for blinding purpose, the damage part is weak).
    Lightning Strike guard is fun when it goes off, but it doesn't happen often enough to be considered a meaningful damage dealer.
    Thank you. I am going to go with Earth Guard. Can craft upto T2 next time I complete, but T3 will take a while. I also like the idea of summoning a pet, will help when solo'ing stuff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast