Community Member

Thumbs down Compendium Problem

From what I understand this problem has been around quite some time and still Turbine has not fixed it??? I am on my 4th login to try and get the data to show up in the compendium! And I hate spending half my night loggin in and out trying to get the **** thing to work correctly! So if you can't figure out how to fix it make a work around, a way that we can force it from within the game without having to keep loggin in and out until we get lucky!!!

Why don't you just use the DDOWiki? It's got more and better information that the Compendium in my experience.

Due to be fixed next update I believe.
    A friend will bail you out of jail.
    A mate will be sitting in there beside you saying "**** that was awsome!!!"

Unguilded of Orien

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Standal View Post
    Why don't you just use the DDOWiki? It's got more and better information that the Compendium in my experience.
    I believe the Compendium referenced is the "P" Adventure Compendium, not the Compendium tab in the MyDDO window, and how it will sometimes have 1,2 or all 3 tabs blank and you have to relog to get it to display.

Don't do anything til your char is fully loaded and the "City Regeneration" line floats above his head + some seconds. My AP works flawlessly if I take this time at login.

Also, ensure that you are logging in/out in a tavern area. Take your time. Patience. It may not hurt to enter the game world, and stand up to go get a drink.

While this is slated to be fixed in U7, I have been told of one work around that Mr Tolero and I have been using with success:

The error apparently relates to targetting picking up a nearby object/NPC/player while you are still loading in. It is especially common with "auto targetting". When that happens, it causes the Adventure Compendium to brain out and not display anything.

Until this is fixed in update 7, to reduce the likelihood of the bug hitting you, avoid logging out in front of high density traffic areas or in front of NPCs. Example, Mr Tolero avoids logging out in front of: the auctioneers, bankers, mailboxes, and quest givers/teleporters. Log out in some place that is less likely to have throngs of people/NPCs within your immediate reach when you log back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    The error apparently relates to targetting picking up a nearby object/NPC/player while you are still loading in. It is especially common with "auto targetting". When that happens, it causes the Adventure Compendium to brain out and not display anything.
    Thanks!
    This may also explain why sometimes I had someone else's Compendium showing instead of mine.
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    - Permadeath Guild -
    No twinking - No spoilers - No farming - Real challenge
    www.mortalvoyage.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    While this is slated to be fixed in U7, I have been told of one work around that Mr Tolero and I have been using with success:

Until this is fixed in update 7, to reduce the likelihood of the bug hitting you, avoid logging out in front of high density traffic areas or in front of NPCs. Example, Mr Tolero avoids logging out in front of: the auctioneers, bankers, mailboxes, and quest givers/teleporters. Log out in some place that is less likely to have throngs of people/NPCs within your immediate reach when you log back in.
    So, log in/out of 3-barrel cove? Got it!

...seriously, though, I'm happy to see this getting fixed. I used to think it was related to moving or doing anything while logging in until I mentioned it to someone in guild, and from then on, it happens to me "randomly", even though I don't touch a thing until all of my chat channels are logged in and the city/tavern regen symbol pops up. It's nice to know there is a definite cause. Thanks!
    Yazston the Invoker, Nyyarlathotep, Thongo Stonesplitter, Stumpvvater Jack, Iaug Sothoth, Egostu Theman, Hastuur D'Rlyeh,
    Vehnison Deerslayer, Guendaril Kherras, Khaloss Meierson, Haestan Cloudreaver, Ygolonac
    Member of The Madborn

You can also press the F1 key as soon as you log in. i.e. When you get your UI, but before you can actually move around. This selects your character and therefore brings up your compendium information. I've been doing that for about a year. It'll be nice to have it actually fixed.
    Proud Officer of the Guild of the Black Dragon on Sarlona.