Community Member

Default Arcane Archers if not dps why nerf

ok I have to ask if a AA is not a dps why do a lot of the threads on here say they are too powerfull and need to be nerfed? And if they are all powerful why are they not considered dps?

I have also read that some raid groups will not except AA's unless they are have Min II but how do they get the ingredents to make Min II if they are not taken into the raids? seems like if your a AA you might as well forget about going into raids because you dont have Min II because you cant get into the raids.

oh man my head is hurting thinking about it.

And for the record I am a lv 20 ranger AA and if it was not for a player who i have been playing with since level 12 i would not have know to start building my Min II. also I am great at tanking the elementals in part 2 of the shroud.

Community Member

Sorry, but there are a lot of threads saying AA should be nerfed? Uh, definitely not on Orien forums, and if they're out there, it's typically from someone who's new to the game and has never played a real DPS class to have any form of perspective.

In fact, there's been a lot of controversy regarding the nerf that actually is effecting AA, here.

My favorite quote from it however is here, obvious from someone who has played an AA for quite some time that emphasizes his own knowledge of how weak the build itself is.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenalth View Post
    I'm on my third TR with my ranger and it's only up to 16 so I hadn't seen it yet

This is a huge blow to a style that is already one of the weakest in the entire game even with the current Imbue Slaying. The only way that this can be considered acceptable is if ranged attack speed and modifiers to it are fixed.
    Ranged DPS end game is trivial. You have a twenty second burst which does a lot of damage and will draw aggro early on in fights, but what do you do for the other 100 seconds when that's on cool down? Your attack speed is dismal, your DPS is squat, and an AA who can't switch to melee when manyshot's on cool down isn't doing their job.
    Member of Over Raided, Orien: Aikou 20 monk, Azlynn 20 Evoker FvS (Clr past life), Aishiru 16/2/2 Brd/Ftr/Rogue, Alcine 20 Barb, New Wizard Ayota, Godhand if/when my.ddo ever decides to update again Aternity

The only people calling for AA nerfs are PvP fanatics (one in particular). Ignore them. PvP has never, and hopefully never will (or I and many others won't be staying long), had any influence on balance decisions.

And the quote from the AA player is ill conceived as there is no nerf to AA. It is a bad description that got through.

Only a min II? Component AAs and indeed ranged people realize that a Min II bow/xbow is a waste of ingrediants.

Quote Originally Posted by Aikou View Post
    In fact, there's been a lot of controversy regarding the nerf that actually is effecting AA, here.
    First off read the whole post ya linked eladrin states that they where testing it and forgot to change description so no nerf

OP MIN II is not the Bow ya want with house d favor make a Light Strike and use silver arrows alot more dps by far. Min II is for meleeing the boss not ranged.

AA is a blast and if played right can be up there with some of best dps. Especially during the 20 secs ya have manyshot going.

People are ignorant and have preset thoughts on things and will always have bigotries towards things they see as in superior to what is the max build.

Just keep trying to get in shrouds if they don't accept ya then probably a group you don't want to be apart of anyway.
    Proud Officer of The Madborn

Community Member

thanks i have no probs getting into shrouds my AA is generly liked ive found and you are totaly right about the lighting strike im currently working on it. just tired of getting only one or two large mats at a time wish they would up the mumber a little there is other raids i would like to run like TOD
    Last edited by LordDevis; 09-24-2010 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordDevis View Post
    ok I have to ask if a AA is not a dps why do a lot of the threads on here say they are too powerfull and need to be nerfed? And if they are all powerful why are they not considered dps?

I have also read that some raid groups will not except AA's unless they are have Min II but how do they get the ingredents to make Min II if they are not taken into the raids? seems like if your a AA you might as well forget about going into raids because you dont have Min II because you cant get into the raids.

oh man my head is hurting thinking about it.

And for the record I am a lv 20 ranger AA and if it was not for a player who i have been playing with since level 12 i would not have know to start building my Min II. also I am great at tanking the elementals in part 2 of the shroud.

Heh, I've only seen a couple of threads asking for AA to be nerfed, I shouldn't worry about it, some peeps have thrown the proverbial rattle out of the pram over the monk 'ToD nerf', so because they have been 'nerfed', everyone else should be..
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Very soon.............ish.™

Durrty McGurty | Forellan Windblade | Lunarii Hellion

O M N I P R E S E N C E