Thread: shroud pugs...

Default shroud pugs...

ok iv had some crappy run lately so some info on them and abvice to people running them

as a..
    caster u should have at least 30 dc on youre wail and empower/maximise
    also some hp at least 200 and some kiting ability/speed also 1500 sp

story we failed on part 1 shav became comborus and the caster had 160 hp...
    no self healing i would be ok with this but he died 2 times and run out of sp he was a elf

as a...
    melee you should have portal/boss beaters... and in part 2 should have d ward when there on the kobolt... also dont try to stealth pass bosses there it actives them and you should have heavy fort/ 300+ hp

story
    some one tryed to sneak past bosses he failed... we didnt kill all trash and poeple didnt have dward on when fighting ka i ran out of sp and i left becuase of how it as turning out

as a... healer
    sp to heal party mems and heal spells mass heal and some buffs
    also keep focus on the red bars

story
    none

ok if u run shroud RESEARCH IT also ask 4 tips

The biggest issue I see when forming PUG shroud is the lack of Heavy Fortification.

That being said, you don't need portal or boss beaters to have a successful shroud. Some people just don't know how to use their abilities.

If you have Barbarians or Paladins at full health on portals, it's because they're not using Death Frenzy and Divine Sacrafice (Respectively).

Paladins that still have near-full mana bars are lacking in DPS because I'd say a HUGE chunk of it comes from your SP with Zeal and Divine Favor.

Many Paladins, Fighters, and Barbarians don't even have prestige classes at all, which causes them to lose major DPS.

That being said, My original Paladin had a 20 Strength, I didn't have Divine Might, Divine Sacrafice, Exalted Smite, Divine Favor or Zeal, and I just plain didn't know what I was doing.

The biggest problem I see in this game is the amount of people that EXPECT everyone to know what they're doing with every character. Can you research and look it up? Sure, you can.

But the biggest problem I've been seeing is the number of people that will jump down on someone and say "Oh my god! Your build doesn't have <insert ability here> what a crappy build! Instead of saying: "You know <ability> could help your character out a lot.

At any rate, there are a lot of people that just plain ignore advice, even thoughtful, constructive advice. Either way, the main focus is to remember that this is just a game, and we were all new once.
    Dynacel (30 Paladin Vanguard), Eminence (30 Druid Caster), Nymari (20 Deepwood Sniper) Soulfusion (18/2 Artificer Monk)

Leader of Intel Rq'd

Community Member

Also imho players should come up if being asked before entering, if it is someones first run for shroud.

We won't eat you if you say yes to this question, but usually will give advice on what to have and what to know before entering the raid.

I had it several times already while leading a shroud that I asked about it before starting, and nobody answered except for the usual jokes from old timers and then suddenly around part 3 usually someone comes up and says that he is new to shroud and needs help with the puzzles or whatever (even better "Hey I never got this far, what happens now?")

We don't ask this to make fun of you, we do it to make it a pleasant run for us all in giving the information out that is needed to survive!

**Disclaimer**
    I am not a regular Orien citizen, so YMMV.

Ps: Reading this you might be able to guess, on what server I am usually playing...
    Last edited by boomeranky; 09-24-2010 at 02:58 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by chrisgina39 View Post
    as a... healer
    sp to heal party mems and heal spells mass heal and some buffs
    also keep focus on the red bars

story
    none
    As a healer...
    SP to heal party members and heal spells, mass heal freedom of movement, resist energy fire and the clincher...
    Sup Potency/Devotion VI and preferably Amrath clickies via Tokala's/Amara's

I've come across more healers than I'd like to admit who didn't have potency/devotion items and for a while was screening healers for them. Sad, but true.
    Member of Over Raided, Orien: Aikou 20 monk, Azlynn 20 Evoker FvS (Clr past life), Aishiru 16/2/2 Brd/Ftr/Rogue, Alcine 20 Barb, New Wizard Ayota, Godhand if/when my.ddo ever decides to update again Aternity

Quote Originally Posted by psymun View Post
    The biggest issue I see when forming PUG shroud is the lack of Heavy Fortification.

That being said, you don't need portal or boss beaters to have a successful shroud. Some people just don't know how to use their abilities.

If you have Barbarians or Paladins at full health on portals, it's because they're not using Death Frenzy and Divine Sacrafice (Respectively).

Paladins that still have near-full mana bars are lacking in DPS because I'd say a HUGE chunk of it comes from your SP with Zeal and Divine Favor.

Many Paladins, Fighters, and Barbarians don't even have prestige classes at all, which causes them to lose major DPS.

That being said, My original Paladin had a 20 Strength, I didn't have Divine Might, Divine Sacrafice, Exalted Smite, Divine Favor or Zeal, and I just plain didn't know what I was doing.

The biggest problem I see in this game is the amount of people that EXPECT everyone to know what they're doing with every character. Can you research and look it up? Sure, you can.

But the biggest problem I've been seeing is the number of people that will jump down on someone and say "Oh my god! Your build doesn't have <insert ability here> what a crappy build! Instead of saying: "You know <ability> could help your character out a lot.

At any rate, there are a lot of people that just plain ignore advice, even thoughtful, constructive advice. Either way, the main focus is to remember that this is just a game, and we were all new once.
    ya my only request is
    do youre job and do it well and u wont lose youre head