Default Lammania Preview: Half-Orc

+++This is a thread to list/elaborate/and discuss the upcoming abilities/functions of the Half-Orc Race. If you have any overarching bugs please post them here (as well as in-game).+++

Pre-Preview:What has been confirmed. (from MarkHoge post, thanks)

Half Orcs

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    *two thumbs up!*

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    Yes, half-orcs are currently scheduled for update 7... and so far, fingers crossed and everything, they're in good shape to make it in.

* Turbine remains committed to one of the most long-awaited additions to DDO Unlimited - Half Orcs

* Half-Orc smash! We are going to be releasing a new race this fall, I believe, so it’s part of this year’s release plan. A new race of half-orcs. They are going to be the biggest, toothiest thing that we’ve ever had in-game. They’re a little larger than the warforged, and those are in development here. We’re getting stuff back from the art department: nice looking models and some really cool dance moves for those who want to do the emotes. They have some really cool abilities. They start with enhanced strength so they’ll be great barbarians in the game

* Plus 2 bonus to strength? Yes, Please!

* This year – for Update 7 – we plan on making the Half Orc class available in DDO

* The whole DDO community is also looking forward to the release of the Half-Orc as a playable race in Update 7. Half-Orcs are an iconic D&D race that DDO players have been clamoring for, no doubt because their racial bonuses to strength will allow them to quickly become the most physically powerful characters in the game

Quote:

Originally Posted by sigtrent View Post
    Look pretty brute with tusks and a wide range of facial features. They are quite tall and pretty stocky, kind of the superman big torso look. They have +2 str and -2 Int/Cha. They get attack/damage lines for two handed weapons, a threat enhancement line, a line for power ups at half or lower health, Strength enhancement (of course). THF barbs and fighters seem to be their specialty but there are plenty of possible builds. Purchase or VIP only, probably no unlock

* Half Orcs! Complete with customized tusks and all. They are the beefcakes of DDO and have broad shoulders, mutton chops, and mean looks

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjstechie View Post
    they are big and they are burly (the females less so with shall we say dainty tusks). some of the avatar customizable features include facial jewelry. they have some mad dancing skills. the avatars allow more orcish features or more human features. they have an enhancement (?) ability that increases their strength as their hps go down. I was told that as far as race restrictions and classification goes they will not be considered human. The half orc i got to see was a 2 handed fighter and used a different attack animation - including a smack with the pommel of the great axe. I was told this attack animation will not be used with other races.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zed1 View Post
    "Orc fury" enhancement line
    below 50% HP - +2 strength
    below 25% HP - another +2 strength
    below 10% HP - another +4 strength (for a total of +8)
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mockduck View Post
    Half-orc have two handed weapon animations that are unique
    Quote:
    Half-Orc looks: Turbine was able to take leeway to skew either toward human side or orcish side in terms of skin tones and head shapes. Will be most customizable race in the game due to head shapes and customizable tusks
    Quote:
    Will have premium hairdos in the store and some standard hairdos have been redone to better fit the race
    ------------------------

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

Ummm, we have a dedicated forum for discussion of the new races.
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

sigh, thought it would be helpful to organize any findings about the new races but forgot forum mods could make folders out of nowhere.... ok well someone delete these two threads then. thanks.

Community Member

Do they get the ability to throw spears with a greataxe?
    Best Quote Ever:
    Quote Originally Posted by Heronous View Post
    The clam can not be ransacked.
    Proud Member and occasional Officer of Identity Unknown (Argonnessen)

Glad to have this thread.

I'm going to move this thread (and the half-elven counterpart) over to the 'New Races Preview' sub-forum. I'll be trying to keep all the race talk in that area.

Why have half-orc bonuses for every two-handed weapon EXCEPT mauls?? No more maul hate!!
    sravana, kirtana, smarana, dasya, atma-nivedana
    ...NAMASTE...

The whole dragonmark thing has never really made sense or seemed all that appealing to me.

But this:

The following Dragonmarks are available to Half-orc and Human characters:
    Least Dragonmark of Finding
    Prerequisites: Human or Half-Orc
    Benefit: The bloodline of House Tharashk bestows on you a +2 bonus to your Search skill. Activate this ability to harness the bloodline of House Tharashk to Locate Objects three times per rest. Locate Objects allows you to target a breakable object and find something temporary (but potentially useful) within it when it is broken.
    Lesser Dragonmark of Finding[/b]
    [b]Prerequisites: Human or Half-Orc
    Benefit: Activate this ability to harness the bloodline of House Tharashk to cast Knock two times per rest. Also allows you to use your Least Mark of Finding an extra time per rest. Knock unlocks any lock which could be picked by a sufficiently skilled rogue.
    Greater Dragonmark of Finding
    Prerequisites: Human or Half-Orc
    Benefit: Activate this ability to harness the bloodline of House Tharashk to cast Treasure Finding once per rest. Also allows you to use your Least and Lesser Marks of Finding an extra time per rest. Treasure Finding lets you target an unopened chest and twist fate for a chance at better rewards for the entire party. Chests can only be improved in this way one time, and there is a chance of failure based on your Charisma. (There is no special drawback on failure.) Some chests cannot be improved in this manner. This ability stacks with Jewels of Fortune.

yowzers!

Hero
    USN(ret)
    Chief cook and bottle washer
    Slante'
    Ancient One

Default attack animations

Anyone else find the attack animation with TH weapons kinda strange??? Almost like it has some disease.

Quote Originally Posted by Althotas View Post
    Anyone else find the attack animation with TH weapons kinda strange??? Almost like it has some disease.
    Well, they did say something about a unique attack animation. Reckon 'strange' qualifies as a uniqueness.

Now about those "mad dancing skills"....

/Continues waiting for screenies (and maybe a YouTube vid?)
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Hero
    USN(ret)
    Chief cook and bottle washer
    Slante'
    Ancient One

Well they are most definitely unique. Still looks like they have a disability of some sort. Ther animation is not smooth at all. Needs to ne smoothed out more so it is not appearing to stutter between some swing animations.

Well they are most definitely unique. Still looks like they have a disability of some sort. Ther animation is not smooth at all. Needs to ne smoothed out more so it is not appearing to stutter between some swing animations.
    agreed. artwork is well done though. and yes halforcs are the new IT item, if you want DPS you MUST get halforc...unless drastic changes occur from this point to live.

Community Member

i wonder how hard the DC would be on "improoving chest"

*missah stupid being! missah not want put point in charismaticality because it hurts missah head*

=)

Quote Originally Posted by Samadhi View Post
    Why have half-orc bonuses for every two-handed weapon EXCEPT mauls?? No more maul hate!!
    /qft
    I've been stockpiling mauls for months for my Horc, Hammerlord. This lack of bonus hurts my role playing.
    Seriously, starter vet status TH greataxe; ave damage 40+
    +1 maul with wep spec/blunt and 2 lvl of crit enhancement ave damage; 14
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagone View Post
    Stay classy DDO
    "It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat **** and die" - Hunter S. Thompson

I love the pommel thrust.
    I didnt notice any stutter last night. I'll look again tonight to se if I see it
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagone View Post
    Stay classy DDO
    "It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat **** and die" - Hunter S. Thompson