Default Will This Work??

I'm a little confused about dual tier III items. I read that the third tier has to be the same Gem and Essence, but the wording could mean the same Gem and Essence as tier I and tier II, or that both tier III shards have to have the same Gem and Essence ...

Essentially I want to know if this will work (or do I have to go Escalation on the tier III air shard?):

Wizardry VI/displacement clickie/perma-blur/exceptional reflex +3

Tier I:

Ethereal + Escalation + Air..... = Wiz VI & Cha Skill +1^

Ethereal Essence.........: Arrow.., Chain..., Scale...., Stone...., Energy Orb
    Gem of Escalation........: Chain. , Scales.., Shrapnel , Stone...., Energy Orb
    Focus of Air.............: Arrow.., Bone...., Shrapnel , Stone...., Energy Orb

Tier II:

Ethereal + Opposition + Fire ....= +1 Reflex Save^

Gem of Opposition........: Bone..., Chain.. , Scale...., Stone...., Energy Orb
    Focus of Fire............: Arrow.., Bone...., Scale... , Shrapnel , Energy Orb

Dual Shard Tier III:

Ethereal + Opposition + Air..... = +2 Reflex Save^

Focus of Air.............: Arrow.., Bone...., Shrapnel , Stone...., Energy Orb

Ethereal + Opposition + Fire ....= +2 Reflex Save^

Focus of Fire............: Arrow.., Bone...., Scale... , Shrapnel , Energy Orb
    Officer of ARCHANGELS - Thelanis

Strummie . Gruffie . Jinksy . Perversion . Sluffie . Indulgent . Adjuration . Wary . Disparage . Subdue . Affinity . Bestial . Contrivance . Indria . Thermo . Outlandish

I have not looked at the raw materials listed but your recipie looks good.

*Edit: I double checked the 3rd tier and it looks like you are on point with your recipie.
    Last edited by Baahb3; 09-20-2010 at 02:23 PM.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Seneca the Elder
    Iryklaunavan, Karaskkesir, Desideratum, Gregorii, Jhasmyne, Vis
    Ubique eo, invenio me esse ducem hominium.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldaka View Post
    Essentially I want to know if this will work

Yes.
    Git off mah lawn!

If, If's and But's was Candies and Nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldaka View Post
    I'm a little confused about dual tier III items. I read that the third tier has to be the same Gem and Essence, but the wording could mean the same Gem and Essence as tier I and tier II, or that both tier III shards have to have the same Gem and Essence ...
    To clarify, it is the gem and essence of the 2 supreme shards you are combining that must be identical.
    You can compare the recipe to the one given for this same item if you want to be 100% sure, but it should work.

Maybe just make sure you really want Wiz VI on tier 1 (I don't know the rest of your gear, so hard to say, but overall such an SP bonus is often better put on an item you swap out after buffing).

Quote Originally Posted by tihocan View Post
    Maybe just make sure you really want Wiz VI on tier 1 (I don't know the rest of your gear, so hard to say, but overall such an SP bonus is often better put on an item you swap out after buffing).
    I tend to agree, the only thing I might change is to go greater fire resist on tier one and then air second tier ... Hmmm
    Officer of ARCHANGELS - Thelanis

Strummie . Gruffie . Jinksy . Perversion . Sluffie . Indulgent . Adjuration . Wary . Disparage . Subdue . Affinity . Bestial . Contrivance . Indria . Thermo . Outlandish