Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Community Member

That's awesome. +1 rep for placing a drop of good karma in the bucket for Khyber (even though we know its useless, cause, hey, it's Khyber) ...

Quote Originally Posted by Terebinthia View Post
    I actually ended up having a reasonably long conversation with the no WF person the other night, after I saw a similar daft LFM for Tempest Spine, (something like 6 slots left with only fighter, barb, cleric and FvS ticked as well for extra lulz). I laughed and ignored it, then saw half the original party decamp to another LFM (with something like no stupid people as the catchline).

Knowing one of them and sensing drama (what? Don't look at me like that, I'm on Khyber ) I hopped in with my running partner on my bard, to be told this person had got their rant on about how evil WF are, how only fighters are DPS, and how bards were completely useless in a party.

Quick and good run for us, and of course the original LFM is still up. And I was in a mischievious mood so I popped this person a tell pointing this out and pointing out the "useless" bard's kill count.

I was all prepped for drama worthy of the other place, but actually they were quite nice to deal with. Turns out they are a roleplayer as well as a flower sniffer. Had some relatively sensible discussion about no zerging LFMs being fine, but making class and race assumptions in the way they were doing (they had some strange ideas about what was DPS as well apart from the bard thing) was probably limiting their play options. They said they'd think about it, but seemed adamant that all WF players were zergers.

And I was quite hopeful that they might. Until I saw a very similar LFM the next day. At least they've added the roleplaying bit, lol. I guess they don't mind taking ages to fill a group. Perhaps they just enjoy standing about roleplaying?

Community Member Book_O_Dragons's Avatar

A few months worth.

I sent a tell to the guy buying a group and he changed his lfm.
    The worst problem on the DDO forums right now

Primary Server: Khyber ~~~ Officer in Knights of Kern

... I saw a similar daft LFM for Tempest Spine, (something like 6 slots left with only fighter, barb, cleric and FvS ticked as well for extra lulz).
    i lolled when i saw that lfm, too.
    you changed, bro...

Quote Originally Posted by Kominalito View Post
    i lolled when i saw that lfm, too.
    The whole thing just makes me scratch my head really.

You want to play an MMO? Fine.

You want to RP in an MMO? Hmm. That might garner you about 5% of the population that would be sympathetic (and heck, I RPed tabletop and LARP for years, while it's not my gig in DDO I'm pretty sympathetic on the sympathetic scale).

You want to not use voice? Well, you are cutting out another big group there, that use voice as a way to add entertainment to PUGging and grouping.

THEN you add arbitrary rules about classes and races that seem based on your own prejudices and a bit of "this is how some ancient RP game worked, fighters fight, magic users magic, rogues trap, healers heal, and never they shall meet" in one of the most flexible rule based MMO systems out there?

It just seems a bit... counter productive, you know? You might end up with... 0.01% of the population in the MMO?
    Terebinthia, Terebynthia, Tereana, Tereaina, Tereanna, Terebyte, Terechan, Terebinthis
    The Hand of the Black Tower, Khyber.
    Cupcakes welcomed.

Quote Originally Posted by stille_nacht View Post
    i would pay a million for a torc in a heartbeat....
    I see torq's in 20th end lists all the time and usually 3 or 4 beyween them.
    A Baker's dozen in the Prophets of the New Republic and Fallen Heroes.
    Abaigeal(TrBd25), Ailiae(TrDrd2), Ambyre(Rgr25), Amilia(Pl20), Einin(TrRgr25), Emili(TrFgt25), Heathier(TrClc22), Kynah(TrMnk25), Meallach(Brb25), Misbehaven(TrArt22), Myara(Rog22), Rosewood(TrBd25) and Sgail(TrWiz20) little somethings with flavour 'n favour

Quote Originally Posted by Emili View Post

I see torq's in 20th end lists all the time and usually 3 or 4 beyween them.
    It's YOU! YOU stole my FvS's Torc!

Bad, bad Emili.

*sadface*

Terebinthia, Terebynthia, Tereana, Tereaina, Tereanna, Terebyte, Terechan, Terebinthis
    Cupcakes welcomed.

Community Member

Default Ok

It's YOU! YOU stole my FvS's Torc!

Bad, bad Emili.

*sadface*

So you're mad at her. I wanna see you punish her. How much plat will that be?

Quote Originally Posted by Disavowed View Post
    So you're mad at her. I wanna see you punish her. How much plat will that be?
    Get me Malicia's outfit, and we'll talk.

Cupcakes welcomed.

Get me Malicia's outfit, and we'll talk.

I absolutely love where this is going.
    Smrti on Khyber

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blank_Zero View Post
    I absolutely love where this is going.
    I'll get the oil.

Quote Originally Posted by SynnMG View Post
    I'll get the oil.
    I'll get the rubber sheet
    ........................................... I <3 22/7
    Sassy, Babbette, Migette, Snip, Phatass, Bimbette, Sassette, Wentch, Duelingbanjo, Jaillbait, Sticki *WARNING* ALL PM'S ARE OPEN TO POSTING *WARNING*
    When asking for buffs, always ask for the Axer Package

Quote Originally Posted by uhgungawa View Post
    I'll get the tarp
    fixed
    Smrti on Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Blank_Zero View Post
    fixed

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    “A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.”
    ― Philip K. phallus

Community Member

Didnt screenshot them, but I just saw the following two:

One of the meridia flagging quests - group leader was a level 16 FVS with 5/6 people. Classes needed - Cleric or FVS.

A quest in Gianthold that was 4/6 full and IP - Classes needed, Cleric or FVS.

I clicked to join both to see if they would let me in, but nope, they both only seemed to want two healers, this game is just that hard yo!

Quote Originally Posted by DDOisFree View Post
    A quest in Gianthold that was 4/6 full and IP - Classes needed, Cleric or FVS.
    They might have had a hireling, so taking one more person would kill the LFM.
    Druids have a fundamental right to bear arms.

"No more patterns" - Shroud puzzles guide.

Quote Originally Posted by MindCake View Post
    They might have had a hireling, so taking one more person would kill the LFM.
    There's a bow called "Advertise as looking for more players" that allow you to have the lfm up even with a full party (fully player or some hires in). People just can't directly clic the lfm, they have to send a tell, but that's not that hard.
    I think too much people either don't know this box or ignore its usefulness.

Quote Originally Posted by -Zephyr- View Post
    There's a bow called "Advertise as looking for more players" that allow you to have the lfm up even with a full party (fully player or some hires in). People just can't directly clic the lfm, they have to send a tell, but that's not that hard.
    I think too much people either don't know this box or ignore its usefulness.
    Thanks for the tip, I didn't know that, and in two parties I've been in that could use the trick noone knew that, so I guess it's pretty uncommon knowledge.

I actually ended up having a reasonably long conversation with the no WF person the other night, after I saw a similar daft LFM for Tempest Spine, (something like 6 slots left with only fighter, barb, cleric and FvS ticked as well for extra lulz). I laughed and ignored it, then saw half the original party decamp to another LFM (with something like no stupid people as the catchline).

Knowing one of them and sensing drama (what? Don't look at me like that, I'm on Khyber ) I hopped in with my running partner on my bard, to be told this person had got their rant on about how evil WF are, how only fighters are DPS, and how bards were completely useless in a party.

Quick and good run for us, and of course the original LFM is still up. And I was in a mischievious mood so I popped this person a tell pointing this out and pointing out the "useless" bard's kill count.

I was all prepped for drama worthy of the other place, but actually they were quite nice to deal with. Turns out they are a roleplayer as well as a flower sniffer. Had some relatively sensible discussion about no zerging LFMs being fine, but making class and race assumptions in the way they were doing (they had some strange ideas about what was DPS as well apart from the bard thing) was probably limiting their play options. They said they'd think about it, but seemed adamant that all WF players were zergers.

And I was quite hopeful that they might. Until I saw a very similar LFM the next day. At least they've added the roleplaying bit, lol. I guess they don't mind taking ages to fill a group. Perhaps they just enjoy standing about roleplaying?
    Wait... do they have a list of about 9 rules in their bio, about how they don't play with bards and warforged, and no zerging and stuff?
    Last edited by MindCake; 05-29-2011 at 04:33 AM.
    Druids have a fundamental right to bear arms.

"No more patterns" - Shroud puzzles guide.

Community Member

<script src='http://imageshack.us/shareable/?i=scrq.jpg&s=857&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Where ..how... Whaa ???

The whole thing just makes me scratch my head really.

You want to play an MMO? Fine.

THEN you add arbitrary rules about classes and races that seem based on your own prejudices and a bit of "this is how some ancient RP game worked, fighters fight, magic users magic, rogues trap, healers heal, and never they shall meet" in one of the most flexible rule based MMO systems out there?

It just seems a bit... counter productive, you know? You might end up with... 0.01% of the population in the MMO?
    I thought 3.5 was very versatile?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonian View Post
    <script src='http://imageshack.us/shareable/?i=scrq.jpg&s=857&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Where ..how... Whaa ???
    Lol, I saw that one ... apparently he doesn't know about the extra chest in the Shroud ...

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast