Default The Dumbest thing...

So we hear every day about dumb stuff OTHER people do, but this post is different.
    What is the dumbest thing YOU have done in DDO? I will get it started with dumb things
    I have done in the last 3 days (since to go further back would surely get me added
    to numerous lists):

1. Guild is helping get members ready for shroud. I am bored (read: dead in the wilderness area) and decide the best
    thing for me to do is to help with that, as xp is still delicious for me too. They are in Running with the Devils,
    a little over half done. I join, run through, help a little with some trash mobs, of COURSE hit the chests, run
    to the end. On guild chat they are talking a player through wilderness trying to get him to the mission....

To set the story: There is only one boss left, and he is being held in stasis with flesh to stone. Rest of group is standing
    around in the final chamber, I assume waiting in reverent humbleness to witness my awesome ability. I run in, see
    the boss, and immediately with a battle cry straight from Valhalla set upon the ferocious beast! Out of the corner of my eye
    I notice the rest of the group looking on, I am assuming my l33t skills has them completely mesmerized like my
    wife was when she first saw my jelly roll tummy make waves of mayonnaise infused sensuality on our first foray onto
    the dance floor (Kid & Play were awesome back then)

I kill the guy and proclaim in both guild and party chat I DID IT I'M THE BEST ROGUE ALIVE!.... and then the laughing started.
    Literally RIGHT after I killed boss guy made it, 10% life left, into the dungeon. Great times.

2. Last night, we were in Subterrane, doing icy runs. We get to the Mysterious Portal with little fanfare, and are waiting for rest of group to shrine. While dancing around I decide it's time to flex some halfling muscles and try to click on myself to do so. OOPS! Next thing I know I am falling and taking damage... I get to the bottom, immediately go into hide and figure no one will know I just did something stupid. Guess what? Named undead bosses can see you when you hide, especially when you accidentally hit them while falling! I run in circles getting beat down with the quickness, and then die. Rest of group comes, kills, resses me and we hit the chest. Go to do it again and leader asks what I learned. Sadly the only thing I learned was that its way easier to die and pike then hit the chest than it is to fight and stuff. Mmmmm..... free treasure.

I have WAY more stupid things I have done (trying to aggro on my rogue in Hounds, doing a backflip off of a ledge and into a lava pit in Tempest, killing all those pesky spiders in Sleeping Dust), what have you done to make your guild question letting you in?

To my guild: Shroud tonight?
    Ghallanda - LLEWNDYN 27 Necro Wiz (completionist) + other random uncared for players - Blackmoor Defenders
    Thelanis - Llewndyn (FVS), Brickadoom Jenkins (barb/ ftr)
    Quote Originally Posted by jandhaer View Post
    Nerf Happiness

re: #2 - F1 is your friend..
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Doing VON5 in a PUG on my cleric. We all start the quest and start moving. I realize I need to switch out a ring. I keep up with the group by running along while looking through my inventory. I figure that the early mobs aren't bad enough for me to be worried about getting into trouble doing this. The early traps, however, are.

Oops.

Haven't done anything stupid since I haven't really played since like March or something like that.

Great storytelling though
    Last edited by JustWinBaby; 09-16-2010 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Llewndyn View Post
    Guess what? Named undead bosses can see you when you hide
    Nope. Not if you hid before they see you. Some can (like vampires and the more powerful wraiths) but not the guy you're talking about.
    My Videos Shadow Mage (ok, it's a build now)
    A forum post should be like a skirt - long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
    Britches and Hose kidnapped my dog and are forcing him to farm Shroud ingredients.

Default Does it matter

that I tried to assassinate him on the way down and THEN hid?
    Ghallanda - LLEWNDYN 27 Necro Wiz (completionist) + other random uncared for players - Blackmoor Defenders
    Thelanis - Llewndyn (FVS), Brickadoom Jenkins (barb/ ftr)
    Quote Originally Posted by jandhaer View Post
    Nerf Happiness

Talking Here are a couple....

I tried to remove my own curse in ToD while backing away from the Judge so I could use a LoH to heal myself. I backed into the lava and *ding*. Off to the penalty box I went! D'oh!

Completed my second epic quest. VoN 6. YEA! I pulled a red dragon scale! YEA! I forgot to take my epic dungeon token! D'oh!
    Main: Castagir (completionist), officer of the Fighting Clowns of Sarlona. Alts: Modric, Modrich, Kristna and others.

The dumbest thing I did... and still do, is argue with people in general and trade chat. That's just stupid.
    "Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    - Douglas Adams -

Quote Originally Posted by Gnorbert View Post
    The dumbest thing I did... and still do, is argue with people in general and trade chat. That's just stupid.
    Advice channel is even more fun though

My biggest "did I really just do that?" moment - the one where I spent five minutes going through inventory and scrolling back through chat logs to try and figure out if I REALLY just did what I think I did?

I was pugging Xorian Cypher with my lvl11 Assassin and a Dex tome drops. Great! I haven't had many tomes fall into my lap so it's kind of exciting, especially since this is my main on a new server and I'm cash poor.

Of course everyone in the party thinks they need to open the chest with the Cypher and grab a copy, so as soon as I exit I start going through my inventory, deleting books, trying to hurry cause we're running the quest again on elite.

"Yes I'm sure I want to permanently delete." "Yes again." "Yes again. "Yes already!"

Yeah, you know how the story ends. A couple minutes later I remember my tome. But wait, it's not in my inventory. Huh? Double check five more times. Scroll through chat logs - almost rather believing that it hadn't ever actually dropped for me - that I had imagined it - than to accept the fact that I just deleted my tome like it was a red-headed Xorian Cypher.

Doh!

Community Member

Trusted and went out of my way repeatedly to help someone who ended up having more faces than characters. She still likes to badmouth me to anyone who'll listen.

When I heard what she was saying and it became clear her repeated hollow apologies for no contact and empty promises of renewed contact were, well, hollow and empty, I decided to ask for repayment of crafting ingredients that she insisted was a loan.

12 ingredients total, 1 of one type, 11 of another (stackable). She sent them in 12 seperate mails with text 1/11, 2/11, etc.

How petty is that?

I'm very happy without her around, my cleric doesn't have to "shrine every two minutes" as she told folks, when she wasn't causing a near wipe every minute and a half. Only problem is she runs her sorc anon and that way I can't be sure to avoid seeing her at all.

Community Member

Just this last week.

Got a guildy to run me through rainbow in the dark for a flagging run on my 'baby' barb. Other guildies joined in at various points and we did the normal DD after the orthon boss to pick them up. Fairly easy run, nothing special to shout about. Till we finish up and get to chest.

Idiot here does quick loot, hits accept on teleport back to meridia, THEN gets the message to accept the 'bound to character' stone.

Doh. After being ripped to pieces by said guildies, hilarious laughs at my expence, a new MOTD, fix and sell. We ran it again. This time I made blasted sure I picked up the stone.

2 thing that got me my sig

1 completing shoud while someone was still in(after 10 min) he when and whined to his guild now im blacklisted by them
    2 someone was disconected so we where waiting 4 him after 10 min i cast greese to see peope slip and slide around(no mods 4 a while) then the cleric cast fom on everyone to ruin my fun so we got in to a stupid arguement end with him whining too alot of guilds

ya so now im soloing alot more

knowing my comp was broken and i had a 50/50 chance of DCing and not being able to get back online for at least an hour i took the job of collecting the runes for end boss of tempest spine... then computer crashed as i went thru portal to end boss carrying all 3 runes