Hero
    Reaperbait

Question What are Dragonshard fragments for?

Ive got a ton of them, but don't know what you are supposed to do with them.

Thanks
    The Fockers of Argo
    LOOON (Rogue); Reaperbait (Warlock); Eatuhdiq (Sorc); Fuglymofo (Barbarian)
    Buttscracher (Arty), Hobaggin (Druid)

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Well
    first: you didn't specified what ind of dragonshards fragment you mention.
    second: there is magic option on forum called search, and this question is frequently asked question (not so long ago i answered similar question)

Ed: Khyber -for bounding items to characters and as reagent to 1 spell, Siberys - for feat exchange and in trapmaking
    Last edited by andbr22; 09-15-2010 at 10:06 AM.

Hero
    Reaperbait

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by andbr22 View Post
    Well
    first: you didn't specified what ind of dragonshards fragment you mention.
    second: there is magic option on forum called search, and this question is frequently asked question (not so long ago i answered similar question)

Ed: Khyber -for bounding items to characters and as reagent to 1 spell, Siberys - for feat exchange and in trapmaking
    I used the search feature for "dragonshard fragments" and got about 30 different threads in which none mentioned the dragonshards in the thread titles.

A thread title with "how to use dragonshards" or "what dragonshards are used for" would be most helpful.

Based on what has been presented, I still don't know HOW they are used. Not just what they are used for. Which class? Which race can use them? Etc........

For something that is so readily awarded after and during quests, you would think that it would have it's own thread and explanation listed somewhere. And guess what? There isn't any thread title as referenced above. And I end up getting linked to an outside website. Go figure.

IF it's buried in a crafting thread, nobody will ever find it with search unless they already know EXACTLY what they are looking for.

Can they be sold? If so, then where can you sell them and to whom can you sell them to. They have a platinum value, and yet I haven't found anywhere you can sell or buy them.
    Last edited by LOOON375; 09-15-2010 at 11:58 AM.
    The Fockers of Argo

Quote Originally Posted by LOOON375 View Post
    *snip*.
    Did you look at the wiki? Also, you were asked which type of Dragonshard you were inquiring about, and did not answer this question.

So, instead of a targeted response... *deep breath*

Khyber Dragonshard Fragments (the Purple ones) are used
    • In the Stone of Change, found in either the Twelve or in front of Lordsmarch Bank in Marketplace, to "Bind" items to your characters.
    • Items bound in this matter are Bound to Character, and all rules for being BtC then apply. They can't be sold on the AH or traded, can be sold to vendor, but will not take permanent damage.
    • To bind an item to you in this matter, it takes (Min Level of Item ^2) fragments. So a ML:4 item is 16, ML 10 is 100, etc. Items with no Min level require the maximum amount, 400 fragments, to bind.
    • Optionally, these are material components much later in game for the Trap the Soul spell.

Siberys Dragonshard Fragments (the Yellow ones) are used for:
    • Exchanging Feats. THIS PAGE illustrates which "tier" of shard is necessary for feat changing at different levels. This page HERE explains how to crunch smaller shards into bigger shards in the same Stone of Change.
    • Alternately used for trapmaking. Hey, the wiki comes in handy here too, because I don't have a rogue. Go HERE and scroll down to trapmaking recipes.

Eberron Dragonshards (Small/Medium/Large) are turned in to various people in the game world in multiples of 3 to gain some beneficial items.
    To learn about these items, go to

So. To answer your other question. Class that these different items are useful to? Well, how about all? Binding Items is always nice. Feat swapping = nice. Special items that do various good things for you and your party? DOUBLE NICE!

Hope this helps. Also, brush up on your search-fu
    Last edited by TheDearLeader; 09-15-2010 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Added link for Trap the Soul, Bored and Added colors

Hero
    Reaperbait

Thumbs up

Thank you very much.
    The Fockers of Argo

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by LOOON375 View Post
    For something that is so readily awarded after and during quests, you would think that it would have it's own thread and explanation listed somewhere. And guess what? There isn't any thread title as referenced above. And I end up getting linked to an outside website. Go figure.
    DDOWiki is often a better ressource than forums when you are looking for this kind of information.

Quote Originally Posted by tihocan View Post
    DDOWiki is often a better ressource than forums when you are looking for this kind of information.
    Google is a wonderful tool as well. It searches the forums and the DDOWiki all by itself

Community Member

Default lol

Quote Originally Posted by JustWinBaby View Post
    Google is a wonderful tool as well. It searches the forums and the DDOWiki all by itself
    Almost 8.5 years later I ask the question, well technically I only started to ask it, Google's auto-complete finished the question for me after only typing DDO drag, then the question popped up, I clicked on it and here I am, and thanks to TheDearLeader for such a complete answer I don't have to look any further for more information on this. Thanks from the future for the thread. I know replying to a dated thread can be a pain to some, but, Oh well, I did it anyway. :P

Quote Originally Posted by TheDearLeader View Post
    Did you look at the wiki? Also, you were asked which type of Dragonshard you were inquiring about, and did not answer this question.

So, instead of a targeted response... *deep breath*...
    Just for completeness, he forgot the Green ones, from CC.

o https://ddowiki.com/page/Green_Drago...en_Dragonshard

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Just for completeness, he forgot the Green ones, from CC.

o https://ddowiki.com/page/Green_Drago...en_Dragonshard
    He didn't forget them, they didn't exist at the time of his post.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

SSG/Turbine likes to lock necro'd threads, but this one is a gem (or at least a gem fragment). Nice when old information is still useful
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    SSG/Turbine likes to lock necro'd threads, but this one is a gem (or at least a gem fragment).

Haw haw!
    Got complaints about the in-game hirelings?
    That's nothing compared to what they say about YOU

The Sister Contract: A DDO Hirelings tale on YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    SSG/Turbine likes to lock necro'd threads, but this one is a gem (or at least a gem fragment). Nice when old information is still useful
    posting in a 8 year old thread is only something full ******** ones would do, that's the point of shutting necro threads
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm