Default I started an acid/acidblast/good min 2 instead of holy/acidblast/acidburst...

Being the ultimate noob, I somehow managed to start a acid/acidblast/good combo on my GS greataxe instead of the (more common I'm guessing) holy/acidblast/acidburst. Is there anyway to fix this (by overwriting the effects?), or should I just continue with what I started and not worry about it?

Acid/acid burst/acid+holy is unfixable. Sorry.

Now, if you meant acid/good burst/acid blast+holy, then it's not a huge deal, you do more versus neutral mobs and a bit less versus evil. I wouldn't worry if it's this case.

once you have Acid and Acid Burst, it's too late.

If you've only done the Acid so far, you can go
    Acid/Good Burst/[acid+good]

Edit: If you already have done two tiers of Acid, then Acid/Acid/Acid is still a nice weapon. Earthgrab on a Greataxe is not bad and the Earth Elemental is a lovely addition to your bag of tricks.
    Last edited by PopeJual; 09-13-2010 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aoeusnth View Post
    Being the ultimate noob, I somehow managed to start a acid/acidblast/good combo on my GS greataxe instead of the (more common I'm guessing) holy/acidblast/acidburst. Is there anyway to fix this (by overwriting the effects?), or should I just continue with what I started and not worry about it?
    I assume you mean you started an acid/good burst/acid blast? If you mean acid/acid burst/good blast, that's not a MinII.

The acid/good burst variant isn't ideal, but it isn't worthless. Still, it's probably best to start a new blank, put holy/acid burst on it, instead of spending Larges on a lesser weapon. You can never overwrite effects on greensteel.

Quote Originally Posted by dkyle View Post
    I assume you mean you started an acid/good burst/acid blast? If you mean acid/acid burst/good blast, that's not a MinII.

The acid/good burst variant isn't ideal, but it isn't worthless. Still, it's probably best to start a new blank, put holy/acid burst on it, instead of spending Larges on a lesser weapon. You can never overwrite effects on greensteel.
    I agree (if you meant acid/goodburst).

If you've gone acid/acid burst, that's the start of an Earthgrab weapon. Pretty solid weapon in Epics, but less potent against raid bosses than Min 2.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

I meant good burst, and I guess whatever yields min II. So, I'm guessing acid/goodburst/acidblast. Also I've only done the acid so far. Should I consider saving this for an earthgrab weapon (to be used against mobs?) and make another for boss DR, or should I not worry about it since-even though I'd like to have good dps-I'm just a human fighter instead of a typical dwarf barbarian?

I meant good burst, and I guess whatever yields min II. So, I'm guessing acid/goodburst/acidblast. Also I've only done the acid so far. Should I consider saving this for an earthgrab weapon (to be used against mobs?) and make another for boss DR, or should I not worry about it since-even though I'd like to have good dps-I'm just a human fighter instead of a typical dwarf barbarian?
    As long as you've only done the first Acid, you can make a perfectly good Min II weapon with
    Tier 1: Acid
    Tier 2: Good Burst
    Tier 3: Acid Blast + Good Blast

Holy first does a bit more DPS against Evil creatures, but the Good Burst hits Neutral creatures where the Holy wouldn't. I'd still prefer Holy, but the Good Burst is still a perfectly nice weapon that you'll be very happy with.

OK, I think I have everything sorted. I have one more question, though. This planner lists good burst (http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~delalle..._weap_&altar=3) which has regular good damage and good damage for criticals. You have good burst and then good blast, so I'm guessing the planner just lists them together?

Wow never been this high on a toon, or never went melee with it. This acid/acidblast/holyblast/ blasty stuff seems repetitive lol.. Couldn't they just name it something else. Or does it have to be blasty?
    waka flaka flame ina unda wata tank

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

OK, I think I have everything sorted. I have one more question, though. This planner lists good burst (http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~delalle..._weap_&altar=3) which has regular good damage and good damage for criticals. You have good burst and then good blast, so I'm guessing the planner just lists them together?
    You can't have good blast on a Min II weapon. The acid focus dominates good on the tier 3 dual shard, so you end up with acid blast only (if you go for damage that is, there are a few more options for the tier 3 effect, but good blast is not one of them).

Edit: About your original question, it all depends on how optimal you want your weapon to be and how much you value the ingredients you used already. The good burst variant works fine too. The holy one is usually considered better on a greataxe because a Min II wapon is a boss-with-DR beater, and a boss-with-DR is pretty much always evil.
    Last edited by tihocan; 09-15-2010 at 10:06 AM.

Community Member

If you are planning to use your MIN II only on boss fights, then good/acid is a better choice.
    If you want to use your MIN II as general purpose/main weapon, then acid/good will do more damage typically

Quote Originally Posted by Arcath View Post
    If you are planning to use your MIN II only on boss fights, then good/acid is a better choice.
    If you want to use your MIN II as general purpose/main weapon, then acid/good will do more damage typically
    Only against the minority of foes that are neutral.

Acid Burst is *always* better than (or equal to) Acid
    Holy is *usually* better than Good Burst (only exception is neutral targets - mephits, elementals and the Stormreaver come to mind but I can't think of any others.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Only against the minority of foes that are neutral.

Acid Burst is *always* better than (or equal to) Acid
    Holy is *usually* better than Good Burst (only exception is neutral targets - mephits, elementals and the Stormreaver come to mind but I can't think of any others.
    you can add most if not all of the animals in the vale. Spiders, dogs, wolves, rats, etc.

My first set of Min II dwarven axes I was very exited to start using them as my main weapons for everything. Very quickly turned to disappointment and are now used only in niche circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcath View Post
    you can add most if not all of the animals in the vale. Spiders, dogs, wolves, rats, etc.

My first set of Min II dwarven axes I was very exited to start using them as my main weapons for everything. Very quickly turned to disappointment and are now used only in niche circumstances.
    The animals in the vale die quickly to just about anything, though, so Holy/Acid/Acid is just fine for them too.