Community Member

Default My weapon looks like cotton candy

Hello all - quick question about the graphical settings. I recently picked up a Holy morningstar, and it has this white cloud of holiness constantly emanating from it. Makes it look like I'm holding a stick of cotton candy. Now, the shimmering silver pattern on the weapon is cool, but is there some way to disable this "cloud" graphical effect?

I've noticed this with some flaming weapons as well. I recently started a new character, and his Ember Longsword had a simple flame pattern over the blade (cool!), but other fire weapons I have produce the cloud effect, making me afraid my dude will burn his hand (not as cool).

My settings are DX9, Ultra High, if that matters. Thanks for reading my insignificant thread!

is this a bad thing? i would love to beat things to death with cotton candy.

"Rahh! Fear me and my surgery pink weapon of FLUFFY DOOM!!"

FLUFFY DDDDDddddddDDDOOOOOOOooooOOOODOOOOOOMMMMMMmmmmmMMM MM!!!111!!!!!1!
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWhofan View Post
    DDDDDddddddDDDOOOOOOOooooOOOODOOOOOOMMMMMMmmmmmMMM MM!!!111!!!!!1!

just be careful yor charactor doesnt forget himself and trys to take a bite out of his *cotten* candy, dont know how well the dental service is in storm reach. lol.

So...

Are you worried about setting Korthos Island ablaze with your weapons?

No worries in any case. Type /sheath if you want to run around without your weapons drawn.
    *KHYBER* Yazool, Durrgin (Dwarf, Clr), Xarissa (Drow, Wiz), Reinei (Hafling, Monk), Cavatina (Human, FvS), Jinglethis Punk'Ass (Halfling, Bard/Fighter), Rahtchet (WF, Art)