Default greensteel weapons for completionist

hey guys,

on the verge of beginning the long road of completionist on one of my toons. I consider myself a power gamer, I have many capped toons and quite a few larges available. my question is, for prepping my toon to go through every single life as efficiently as possible, what weapons would you build to make life easier (especially as a soloer)?

-currently have:
    dual mineral II khopeshes
    dual triple positive warhammers
    lightning strike longbow

..thinking about lightning strike and earthgrab weapons, suggestions would be nice.
    Proud member of Renowned, Thelanis server.

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

For an optimal setup I'd add some dual Lightning Strike khopeshes, as well as THF Mineral II & Lightning Strike (probably Falchion as it's overall the best THF weapon), mostly for caster builds because going TWF with khopeshes usually does not work very well (hard to get all stats and feats).
    I don't have any earthgrab experience though. I suspect it may be useful on a melee against high HP monsters, although I find that most of the stuff dies pretty fast when soloing on normal, thanks to Dungeon Scaling.
    Assuming your accessories are all set with at least HP & SP items? (with probably Conc. Opp. on the HP one).
    Last edited by tihocan; 08-23-2010 at 07:56 AM.

yes, I have a mineral II cloak with 45hp's on it, and triple air goggles with wiz VI + 150sp, +6 cha skills for UMD.

the more i think about it, the more lightning strike seems the way to go for power leveling. I'd like someone's opinion whose gone through many TR lives though on what is most effective.
    Proud member of Renowned, Thelanis server.

On characters with limited burst healing capabilities I've found a Radiance Rapier paired with a Bodyfeeding [Icy Burst] Rapier of Pure Good (coupled with some Damage Reduction) to be my favorites for level 12-18 questing on a true reincarnate that uses weaponry. Usable damage without needing to stop and heal much.
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by protokon View Post
    the more i think about it, the more lightning strike seems the way to go for power leveling.
    Well, tbh, as much fun as it is, I don't find lightning strike to be that great for leveling up solo, because most of the lightning damage on a strike is wasted (assuming you typically rush through quests on normal, where dungeon scaling makes mob's HPs not that high). But I still use it because, well, it's fun
    To compliment MrCow's setup, if you can have a Conc. Opp. item with the DQ bracers, it can make you almost invulnerable even without any kind of AC, thanks to the temp. HPs.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrCow View Post
    On characters with limited burst healing capabilities I've found a Radiance Rapier paired with a Bodyfeeding [Icy Burst] Rapier of Pure Good (coupled with some Damage Reduction) to be my favorites for level 12-18 questing on a true reincarnate that uses weaponry. Usable damage without needing to stop and heal much.
    seconding Mrcow here. The combination of blinding most mobs easily (50% miss and auto sneak-attacks) and 30% chance of 15hp a bodyfeeder swing with backup DR will make you mostly invincible as long as you keep mobile so you don't get swarmed (easy since blinded mobs often don't chase well). A blur item (which you have) stacks on this as well for even less chance of getting hit, as do stoneskin clickies (shroud thingie or DQ ring) and the fact that a TR will kill most mobs in under 3 seconds until the mid-high teens on most difficulties (barring silly hp mobs like giants).
    Vasska - A Tribe Called Zerg - Cannith