Community Member

Default Second GS item for Cleric, where to put it...?

Goggles already taken as 1st GS item. Cloak or Bracers?

I hear people talk a lot about cloaks for the second item, only cloak I can think of on missing out on is the cloak of the zephyr, and that is only when I solo pretty much like a sins of attrition or something like that.

How about bracers? with my archmagi coming from skiver.

Let me know some thoughts as I am not completely familiar with all the end game good stuff to get and where it goes. But right now I am leaning towards cloak, especially if there are good bracers out there that I don't know about yet. Thanks

...Fate

2014 DDO Players Council

why not boots?

What sort of items are you looking to replace (besides cloak of the Zephyr which I never use myself tbh)

You have the option of gloves, boots, cloak and bracers. The problem comes in with certain epic items becoming viable (chainmail coif, Belt & Helm of Mroranan, Kundarak Warding Shield and Bracers etc etc)

I would suggest looking at what you want to craft onto your gs item and see what epics you would go for and which epics will essentially have the same ability as the gs you're planning on, and then craft into the relative spot.
    Don't let common sense stop you...
    Qualified Devil's Advocate ` Refugee Boldrei '06 / Keeper '09

Community Member Symar-FangofLloth's Avatar

Boots will prevent you from using it if you ever run ToD. Just for the end fight, sure, but it's something to keep in mind.
    Former Xoriat-er. Embrace the Madness.

I went cloak on my second.

I wouldn't do that lightly, however, if you are a max Wisdom build that uses the Stormreaver's Napkin.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Depending on what you have on your goggles, you could always do a Smoke II cloak with HP or SP as a replacement for your Zephyr Cloak. It may not be the most efficient use of ingredients, but if it suits your play style...
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Gloves spot seems best IMO. What are you using there? Any +6 stat from the gloves spot can be added to an Epic item placed elsewhere. Some use 7 fingered gloves for the UMD, but a high UMD for a cleric seems a bit redundant. Good luck!
    hsinclair

haha, no. While a lead designer's job is to balance the game as a whole, each system designer (and each level designer/content guy) is responsible for their own little bit of the game. So as such, I balance spells/enhancements, graal has items and treasure, and Eladrin runs around going "raaar!" a lot. I think he does monsters.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander_Illusioni View Post
    Gloves spot seems best IMO. What are you using there? Any +6 stat from the gloves spot can be added to an Epic item placed elsewhere. Some use 7 fingered gloves for the UMD, but a high UMD for a cleric seems a bit redundant. Good luck!
    Gloves - Reaver Gloves (Eternity)
    Litany Gloves (Blasphemy)

Goggles and Cloak, then gloves 3rd.

I made mine on boots. Missing 35 hp for one raid doesn't concern me too much. I like the Gloves of the Glacier for my cleric for SP savings. Abbot gloves when I pull them. Bracers of the Glacier for the Archmagi and spell pen. Eventually looking at a Stormreaver's Napkin, but I never got it in 40 reavers as a cleric.

If you are wearing the gloves from the Reaver Raid for you healing lore, you might consider...

Greensteel Gloves With Blindness Immunity, Disease Immunity, Immunity to Fear, Proof against Poison - Symbol of Weakness (3/day), Superior Healing Lore

They are cheap only needing one single shard...
    Sarlona - Guildmaster - Brotherhood of Redemption - ddoborguild.com - 2016 & 2017 Players Council --- Alts: Acetylene, Antimematter, CNG, Dilithium Crystal, EMF, EMPulse, Exothermic, Geothermal, Hexane, Hexyne, Hydropower, JA, Kerosene, LPG, Natural Gas, Nuclearpower, Propane, Solarpannel, Tidalpower, WASOB, Waulter, Windpower, Woodpile

Quote Originally Posted by DragonMageT View Post
    Gloves - Reaver Gloves (Eternity)
    Litany Gloves (Blasphemy)

Goggles and Cloak, then gloves 3rd.
    Vile Blasphemy is good as a clicky to recharge spell points, at least that is how I use them, the UMD 3 and dex 6 does not help most clerics, maybe a clonk for AC. Reavers Gloves, one is better off (as mentioned above by Propane) to use a GS set for lore and get the added bonus', whatever you choose, IMO.

Use the cloak spot if +1 to your DC's means nothing (Reavers napkin) to you, but if I were a offensive caster I would not use that slot.

Good luck to you OP.
    hsinclair

haha, no. While a lead designer's job is to balance the game as a whole, each system designer (and each level designer/content guy) is responsible for their own little bit of the game. So as such, I balance spells/enhancements, graal has items and treasure, and Eladrin runs around going "raaar!" a lot. I think he does monsters.

I've been blah blahing this in my mind for a while now as well. Is there anything in the boot slot, other than ToD boots that really matter? I believe I can get everything else someplace else...

And, do clerics really need ToD boots? I haven't been in a ToD yet, so I don't know.

My first set was bracers (long time ago), so I can actually do goggles, but I saw at least a few goggles that I thought would be nice (though nothing necessary).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kindoki View Post
    I've been blah blahing this in my mind for a while now as well. Is there anything in the boot slot, other than ToD boots that really matter? I believe I can get everything else someplace else...

And, do clerics really need ToD boots? I haven't been in a ToD yet, so I don't know.

My first set was bracers (long time ago), so I can actually do goggles, but I saw at least a few goggles that I thought would be nice (though nothing necessary).
    Yes, it's a must for healers to have boots, mantle, or scarab.

Get banished and POOF, one healer is gone and most likely will mean party wipe.

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Kindoki View Post

I've been doing fine with my cleric (20+ runs) with no boots, using just the Mantle. I carry a scarab of absorption just in case, that had 7 charges left for my first run, and still has 7 charges now.
    Just try not to stay near too many other players, so that AoE spells cast at them don't hit you as well.
    Most of my runs have been without killing Sully though.