Default Arcane Archer question about imbues

I've been trying to figure out the imbue enhancements for elven arcane archers. I've been using this page. http://ddowiki.com/page/Arcane_Archer_enhancements
    What exactly are the requirements to use the imbues? Using "Imbue Force Arrows", it says minimum ranger level 6, but it also says there's a cooldown of the force missiles spell. Does that mean I'm required to have magic missile (which effectively means at least a 1 level wizard/sorcerer splash)? Or is it just misleading and I only need to have the available spell points and enhancement?

You don't need the spells

You don't need to have the spells, but if you do, you can't cast that spell for the mentioned time.

The imbuements are like stances, with only one being active at a time.
    Gammor Barb 9 Longthorne Barb 16 Luceille Bard 17 Neckron Rngr 8 Rog 1 Rovino Blightcaster 9 Ryeva 2 Druid 12 Shandrea Ranger 2 Rogue 1 Solegiallo Cleric 15 Syris Rngr 18 Rog 1 Barb 1 Torsade Paladin 10
    Vaconmorte Dark Hunter 6 Rog 2 Weiquinn Ranger 20

Ok, thanks for the quick replies. That cleared things up for me!

They're like a cross between stances and buffs... only one can be active but they cost SP and can be dispelled. You can swap between them but be careful, you will burn a lot of SP if you are doing it often.
    "Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    - Douglas Adams -

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyfruit View Post
    You don't need the spells
    But if you had the spell because you used Wizard levels for the spell point requirement or took AA on an elven Wizard, you wouldn't be able to use the listed spell for a period of time.