Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thriand View Post
    You didn't know only 1% of DDO characters have mana bars.
    Ya apparently I needs me some edumacation.
    sravana, kirtana, smarana, dasya, atma-nivedana
    ...NAMASTE...

Talking One Question??!?!?

If the other guy in the group who wanted the roll for it... opened his wonderful chest & the Torq was sitting there with his name on it.... & took it!! What would of happened then??

I feel it's you LOOT do as you Please with it!!!

I hate when I do Hound & get one of the ring's & the Star holder thinks it's up for roll Just cause it's still in the box.... Most of the time I wait to see if some one has raid loot to maybe triad or make sure we didn't get skunked...

Bottom Line Your Loot DO AS YOU PLEASE!!!!! If that guy pulled it & wanted to keep it... then he would of said nothing to the rest of ya.. but seeings how he didn't well, He's Sh!t Out OF Luck!!!
    Life isn't about finding your self
    Life is about Creating you self.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sirea View Post
    but the other people shouldn't have had to feel obligated to pass over loot simply because someone wants it really really bad. My 7-year-old comes up with guilt trips better than that.
    agree on the /sigh thing. nobody said you must pass your loot. all that was said was it wasn't going to be up for roll if it dropped within a set group of ppl that had already agreed to pass to 1 person. anyone else was free to do with their loot as they wanted. the issue was the other guy eyeing someone else's loot and then expecting his chance at it. and it was stated from the start it was never going to be up for roll if that situation occurred.

never intended this thread to get that big, figured 1-4 ppl might sound off and it would be done. i'm clearly seeing why this could have a been an issue now.

Community Member

Ok now lets hold up because it seems a few in here dont seem to be able to understand whats going on....and it may be me!

Seems OP joined an LFM that was labeled by STAR (leader for this example) that had language to the effect of he was trying to get a Torc and was willing to pay for it. So he has made clear if you join this raid there is an opportunity to profit on your pull if your lucky. Um kay...maybe not your cup of tea...but it does appear to be honest.

Then a GUILDY (of somebodys here and it really doesnt matter) joins this group. They all go off slay the Queen and OP pulls the item. Oh lucky day.

So OP passes it to STAR. I dont even know if it was paid or just given not that either one matters.

GUILDY starts to complain that he should have had a roll on the Torc.

So the problems are one of these two:

1) LFM
    2) The pass of loot to him by the one who pulled it.

And Siera you seem to be upset about #1 which while i cant say i would post that up...i also cant say there is anything wrong with it...because it is clear what hes forming and why. So i have to say...at least he was accurate in his LFM....and if you join it....dont cry foul when you dont get to roll on somebody elses loot....in fact i cannot think of a time that it is reasonable for anyone to complain about not getting to roll on someone elses loot. If you can clearify this please do .

The #2 one is a joke....guy pulls the Torc and does with it what he wants. OK. To say this is not OP's choice is to tell OP what he can or cannot do with his loot...surely you agree this is not acceptable.

Again...im not saying i would stick up the LFM (mine would say need guide and would not allow clerics/fvs/bards in because healing like buffs are for the weak :> )

If i quoted the wrong person or got the chain wrong...i do apologize...it was done from my phone...and my fingers are bigger than the screen!!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thriand View Post
    Thats not even the same, the lute binds on equip and anyone who looted it was permitted to loot the lute and send it over to their own bard.
    its just hard to get anyone willing to run that optional since it really only drops something for a bard and the optional is a semi-pain. most will run the bauble/arrow chest gladly. the bard chest, ppl bail the group on or just say no.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by nellie View Post
    I hate when I do Hound & get one of the ring's & the Star holder thinks it's up for roll Just cause it's still in the box.... Most of the time I wait to see if some one has raid loot to maybe triad or make sure we didn't get skunked...

Bottom Line Your Loot DO AS YOU PLEASE!!!!! If that guy pulled it & wanted to keep it... then he would of said nothing to the rest of ya.. but seeings how he didn't well, He's Sh!t Out OF Luck!!!
    yeah i have sat on item once or twice hoping for a minute that something i really want would appear in the chest so i could trade it. people tend to grumble about that often. you get muffled unfriendly tells for that. like because the item didn't immediately get looted, its now the groups. even seen ppl roll for items like and then get mad the original person looted it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lorz View Post
    Ok now lets hold up because it seems a few in here dont seem to be able to understand whats going on....and it may be me!
    I'm feelin ya Lor. The LFM was clear. If you have an issue, form your own damb party.

By the Godz we could use some content.

We are arguing about some seriously sorry slop. Hi Welcome, raping kobolds, joining LFMs that clearly say one thing and getting ticked when it happens.

Is it just me, or Ghallanda turning into a sad state of cry babies. Might be time for a walk about.

Anyone know what Sarlona's like?
    bred of an Ice Flenser and a Djinni Ravensguard
    "You people are insatiable." - Tarrant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodasch View Post
    I do, it's true. I have a stick figure drawing with the word "Coldest" drawn above it and an arrow pointing from the name down to the drawing...

Quote Originally Posted by Ranmaru2 View Post
    I'm honestly trying to figure out where you draw the line with this type of thing.

He chose to run the raid with a group of people who either joined for other possible loot drops or didn't mind not needing the torc. Why jump on him for it? I don't know what happened between you two in a shroud run or whatever, and I don't care to, but where do you honestly draw the line between right and wrong with this type of thing?
    very simply. I think it starts a bad precedant. Ppl shouldnt be excluded from raids bcus they want the same loot as leader( or in this case a guildie)
    Sabbat-Ghallanda
    looking for a good frog

Community Member

Doesn't look like folks were excluded. Just that there were folks who were willing to trade the Torq (if they got it to drop) to the Star for other considerations noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldest View Post
    I'm feelin ya Lor. The LFM was clear. If you have an issue, form your own damb party.

By the Godz we could use some content.

We are arguing about some seriously sorry slop. Hi Welcome, raping kobolds, joining LFMs that clearly say one thing and getting ticked when it happens.

Is it just me, or Ghallanda turning into a sad state of cry babies. Might be time for a walk about.

Anyone know what Sarlona's like?
    That's why I've more of taken to playing my PS3 lately
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Huxley
    There is no greater mistake than the hasty conclusion that opinions are worthless because they are badly argued
    Turbine, you can hire more developers for the game. We operate on a giant Theocracy of Debt, so go all out finding developers for the best MMO out there

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baranor View Post
    very simply. I think it starts a bad precedant. Ppl shouldnt be excluded from raids bcus they want the same loot as leader( or in this case a guildie)
    Then why don't they start their own raid?

Really, I'd like to know what I'm missing.
    bred of an Ice Flenser and a Djinni Ravensguard
    "You people are insatiable." - Tarrant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodasch View Post
    I do, it's true. I have a stick figure drawing with the word "Coldest" drawn above it and an arrow pointing from the name down to the drawing...

Then why don't they start their own raid?

Really, I'd like to know what I'm missing.
    Your missing nothing. It seems that peeps have a problem with what they consider to be greed.
    It's not the stars position to defend himself here when he put up HIS OWN lfm and stated HIS RULES to join his group.
    If you dont like the rules then dont join.It's nothing more than an agreement between players before any loot has been seen.
    Your loot does = you decide, but if you agree to pass your loot before you see it then why wouldn't the star exspect you to keep your word?
    Lets not loose sight of the fact that this is still just a dam game and if we all made money playing it then I would be a broke bi*ch.
    I only zerg to out run the lag

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by RealKorike View Post
    Doesn't look like folks were excluded. Just that there were folks who were willing to trade the Torq (if they got it to drop) to the Star for other considerations noted.
    Which basically means that they could keep or distribute al other drops. So when you join you kind of committed to "donating" the Torc to the LFM owner. I really don't have an issue it with that, but if people start to roll on drops before the lucky owner of the drops decides if whether or not the item is up for a roll I'd be more than bothered (the latter is quite "often" the case).

In quite a few raids people feel they are "more" entitled than a given build that gets the drop and start argumenting why <fill in named item> should be up for a roll. My 5 cents is if you do not get why you need/want, wait for a reset and just pray for better luck on the next run (if I happen to have a lucky toon that gets a SoS on his first ever elite VON I am not less entitled to it than the a toon that runs his 25th VON for it). That is what life is all about (you cannot always get what you want).

We have to read??

/sarcasm
    In case you didn't already notice, my posts that end with must NEVER EVER, under any circumstances, be taken seriously.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=3012617

My main FVS named "Bacab" has every worthwhile DQ loot.

Draguul's LFM gave me a chance to "pull a Large Devil Scale AND a Red Dragon Scale!"

So am I greedy for going with the hope of getting something?

He was offering something for the Torc...people keep ignoring that.

I run DQ a lot to try to help another buddy get items from it. Sometimes others who hit the ADQ LFM wanna join us. Lets be clear...I solo this raid...so I do not need them to "help me complete it". Many are thankful for the free completion. Though generally its the perma-dead person who afks at the entrance of ADQ and then stays dead during DQ Raid...those are the pileons that complain about not getting to roll. Last week I passed Bramble-Caster's to my buddy...

ALSO Draguul AKA Stevehio is not a greedy player. He has passed/put up for roll raid loot before. If you do not like the LFM...just do not join.

Also I have to say...both sides have a valid arguement...but back to the previous thought...If you do not like the LFM...don't join.
    Last edited by Bacab; 08-17-2010 at 04:48 AM.
    "Hireling" and "Hjealer"
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by Money_Maker View Post
    ... the player base at large are not intelligent.

Not ALL players but certainly many.

I have actually put up a post for level 1-20 to do The Shroud saying ''dont click this LFM, only an idiot would click here'' and had many people ask to join. Note I was a 4th level fighter and completely naked in the Harbor.

At which stage I greet said people in voice and have a 3-5min conversation, in perfect English with them and then ask simply, ''so your an idiot then matey?''.

Personally I don't think I have done anything wrong, except perhaps amuse myself at the expense of others, but others would disagree I'm sure.

The fact is I was trying to see if people really were that stupid and sadly it was confirmed.

The fact is many of the newer players, and certainly alot of the older players are not able to communicate in either written or verbal English anymore. You can put the blame where you wish. But i am saddened by the fact that whilst it is certainly an imperfect system, the communication systems in place for our beloved game DDO are very good. Yet many lack the capacity to use them to any effect at all whilst playing a game that is so bound by the ability to work as a team within a party of characters.

Couple this with outside communications programs and I wonder where Interpersonal Skills have gone.

Money
    Brilliant
    Supah Dupah Ubah King of the elipses

Community Member

I 100% support the LFM and the "It's your loot, do with it what you want" attitude.

I believe in karma. If it isn't something i want, i will pass it to someone who does. If i know you, you are a guild mate, or i like you. you are more likely to get it.

Chris

Yea, or even getting neg repped for making a joke that wasn't at anyone elses' expense, or being told to go solo a quest when you ask for help.

As for OP, LFM stated rules for group, don't join if you don't agree.
    Last edited by Gornin; 08-17-2010 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Grammar
    Snowleopard, Locomotiv Breath, Aqualung, Thickas a Brick, WitchsPromis, Part of the Machine, Coseyed Mary
    No whining, unless you're serving really good cheese. Otherwise, put a cork in it.

threads like this remind me why forums are a waste of time in the first place
    Sabbat-Ghallanda
    looking for a good frog

Quote Originally Posted by Baranor View Post
    threads like this remind me why forums are a waste of time in the first place
    You mean there was a point somewhere that you forgot that cardinal rule?
    Remember the little people, if for no other reason than to better savor the squishy sound they make as you roll over them.

Cleric, Rogue, UMD - Because Grease Clickies Have Consequences.
    There are no bad builds, only Characters with High End-Game Mule Potential.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast