Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    Awwww dont be too hard on people!! they where not cool in highschool so they are trying to make up for it here!!! lmao!!!
    Lol. Quoted for Truth.

I'm sorry but as an over 4 year vet of the game I just have to say that with the influx of new players, there seems to be a large number who do not listen to helpful advice.

I know some of us get condecending at times with the tone of our advice but when you spend 12 hours gaming and 8 of it tends to be hearing people give bad advice or saying they know a quest and then they run straight into a mess that if they really did know the quest it wouldn't have been such a mess. You tend to get jaded on the quality of pick up groups in general.

I try when I'm having a bad day to just log out and go do something else but there will be days when I am determined to get done a few things and in order to get them done I will stay in game and probably yell at someone for something they did. Hey it happens we all have our days. I just hope my days are few and far between. But it seems to get harder and harder some days to keep the attitude of "It's just a game"

OP btw the view of just blacklist me so I don't have to deal with your elitist attitudes will not help late in game where most of the people who post here with so called elitist attitudes are probably the exact opposite in game.
    Got a question the answer may be on the wiki! http://ddowiki.com

I'll have to agree with Elyanna. A perfect example happened last night in the shroud. It was a fairly experienced pug. The cleric dc's in part 4 when Harry had about 5% left. After we take him down, mulitple people said and typed do not loot any chests please, wait for him to reconnect. What happens, a player goes over there and loots the chest. Dude, did you not just hear or read to not open the chest. What does the player say? Oh, sorry. Can you hear us? Yes. Can you read party chat? Yes. Then what part of don't open the chest did you not understand? This is just a light example too. There are much more worse cases.

It's this type of ignorance that gave birth to the tribalism you are protesting. Guilds and players have had to form cliques to escape the ignorance. There is just so much of it you can handle before it starts ruining YOUR fun in the game.

There are many vets who enjoy helping out new players. It's the players that will actually listen that are fun to teach. But it's those players that don't know how to listen, or refuse to cooperate with the instruction given by the leader that ruins it for many others.

And although like you, I laugh at this tribal wanna-be elitism, I can understand it.
    Last edited by Fetchi; 08-16-2010 at 02:26 PM.

Double post
    Last edited by Fetchi; 08-16-2010 at 02:04 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12