Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Khanyth View Post
    why can't someone just remain guildless, but ask their friends to be invited to their guildship for buffs?

Hell, in 5 different pugs, the leader invited everyone in the group to their airship to enjoy their guilds buffs.
    Cause you cant do that when your soloing and as was mentioned if they had friends they just join there guild and thus not be guileless anymore.

Eternium (Art 18), Tatooine (Bard 19), Technodrome (Wiz 18 / Rog 2), Thanigar (Brb 14)

Quote Originally Posted by Fon_Win View Post
    Do you always just argue for the sake of arguing?
    I think he does, its called pessimism. If they want to gall them selves "nonguilded" or "unguilded" I say let them, there not hurting anyone. Khanyth is just splitting hairs with no real motive or goal aside from stirring the pot.

Eternium (Art 18), Tatooine (Bard 19), Technodrome (Wiz 18 / Rog 2), Thanigar (Brb 14)

Quote Originally Posted by porq View Post
    It's a guild for people that want to take advantage of the update 5 guild buffs without having any responsibilities or requirements that any other normal guild would have, which makes it not really much of a guild at all.

However, I'm glad you pointed out to us that members of the Unguilded guild have 'Unguilded' under their names. You deserve a cookie for observing this fact. Yes it is in fact a guild in body, but not in spirit.

I don't appreciate you criticizing how others play and telling them how to do it (your idea of) right, and neither does anyone else here.
    /agree

I just realized I posted 4 times... 5 times in the same thread. man I'm board.

Time Bandit

Quote Originally Posted by Perspicacity View Post
    Just a guess but my guild has things that I'm betting this "non-guild" doesn't such as:

1. Weekly guild raids.
    2. A website with forms, players guides, links, ect.
    3. Guild mules full of gear that is free to members to twink out there lowbies.
    4. A unifying desire to see our members become better players by teaching them the trick of the trade.
    5. Friendship.
    6. Standards.
    7. A competent leader (O snap!).

With out that stuff its not really a guild.
    I think under that definition there's maybe...5 or 6 guilds game-wide?

Quote Originally Posted by Lorien_the_First_One View Post
    It's the Korthos Army approach. By having a mass of people in the guild the guild will level quickly and thus better ship buffs will be available. Plus, by being a part of this unguild you can go to the ship anytime you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    Just sayin... Maybe they are new to the game and dont have friends yet.. maybe they are so bad no one likes them. maybe they are just anti social...... doesnt matter...

At the end of the day, this is not really a "Real Guild" but you do gain some benefits of being in "a" guild.

No responsibility for your own or guildies actions.

no commitments to anyone

its not a "real Guild"

Good luck Op. Things like this generally dont go well. too many "Guilds" like this out there already and they generally quickly generate a reputation..............
    I signed up with Unguilded after U5. I have been a member of guilds in the past and none of them really suited my playing times. Due to RL I mainly solo as I may need to leave at any time. Unguilded is a nice way to get the guild benefits without the hassles.

There are only about 20-30 characters, not sure how many accounts. In general I don’t think we get the sort of members that end up in guilds like KA. The only place it is mentioned is here on the forums (no blind invites, advertising or spamming in game) so the people who join have seen it on the forums and sent a tell to the officers ingame. It is not really a guild for those looking for a big flashy airship. We are only level 32 and don’t actively farm renown.

It suits my playstyle and would recommend it to any who solo or have weird play times.
    A friend will bail you out of jail.
    A mate will be sitting in there beside you saying "**** that was awsome!!!"

Unguilded of Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Vanshilar View Post
    Except for you come into a thread and then pronounce yourself the arbiter of what constitutes a "real guild" and what constitutes "misleading and silly":
    Try again.

I gave >my< opinion of what a guild was; never once did I proclaim to be the arbiter of what constitutes a real guild. The misleading and silly part... again: my opinion. You really have to chill here.

I'm letting this go. Please do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanshilar View Post
    I think under that definition there's maybe...5 or 6 guilds game-wide?
    lol.

Try again.

I gave >my< opinion of what a guild was; never once did I proclaim to be the arbiter of what constitutes a real guild. The misleading and silly part... again: my opinion. You really have to chill here.
    That is not an accurate representation of events.

And let you get the last word? Now what kind of petty jerks would we be if we did that?

But I'm sorry..... advertising yourself as not a "real guild" or saying you take a "non-guild approach" is misleading and silly.
    First you accuse the op of wrong doing, then you insulted him.

If you have words under your character name, I'm sorry: you're a member of a real guild.
    Then you said this. This is a declarative statement with supporting argument not an offering of opinion. now if you had just said:

If you have words under your character name,IMO: you're a member of a real guild.

That would be different but even if you had it wouldn't matter, we know its your opinion because it sure is NOT fact. People are not reacting to you "opinion". There reacting to the fact that you felt the need to voice it when it was not solicited. You said a mean thing for no reason. Weather you where offering it as fact or opinion is irrelevant, there was no reason to have posted it at all, no one asked you. I know I'm splitting hairs but it seemed to work for you so I thought I'd give it a try.

/served

Time Bandit

Making declarative statements and then backtracking by saying they were just your opinion is...well, not particularly good form. So is saying "whoops well I guess I won't bring it up if you won't", but to each his own.

Oh yeah by the way for those of you interested, SINIBYTE keeps a list of some of the similar types of "non-guild" guilds out there on the different servers:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=258105

However, simply searching myddo for "unguilded" brings up a lot of matches, so it seems like certainly there's a certain portion of the playerbase that's interested in this. It's somewhat of a shame that they're basically all split up into their own individual non-guilds (and basically splitting the renown) rather than combining their renown, but oh well. Economy of Scale apparently is trying to consolidate those different guilds, but that's on Khyber. The point is, of course, to try to aggregate the renown-gathering power of each player (after all, everyone will gather some amount of renown when they play) and get to a higher level together, rather than having each player or each group work toward their own individual airships. This is a pretty good strategy to use up to around level 50 or so when renown decay starts having more of an impact, but such a guild is not concerned about getting to level 80 or anything like that anyway. However, a level 50 airship is pretty much sufficient and is easily obtainable (just a matter of time).

Just because I think it's funny, I decided to point out one thing...

The only difference between Unguilded and Intel Rq'd is the fact that we have a Raid Schedule and organization.

There are NO obligations to the guild.

All we ask for is universal things, like respect, and cooperation if you are indeed looking to raid with us.

But the thing is, we require the same thing from people we PUG with... The same things that would get you squelched, would get you removed from Intel Rq'd.
    Dynacel (30 Paladin Vanguard), Eminence (30 Druid Caster), Nymari (20 Deepwood Sniper) Soulfusion (18/2 Artificer Monk)

Leader of Intel Rq'd

Time Bandit

Quote Originally Posted by psymun View Post
    The only difference between Unguilded and Intel Rq'd is the fact that we have a Raid Schedule and organization.

There are NO obligations to the guild.
    But see, that's a bit like saying "the only difference between a boat and a car is that the car has wheels". That there's a lack of organization etc. for Unguilded is a primary feature, not some minor detail.

Quote Originally Posted by psymun View Post
    All we ask for is universal things, like respect, and cooperation if you are indeed looking to raid with us.
    That's a pretty high bar to set

It reminds me of a quote from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:

"One the way back they sang a number of tuneful and reflective songs on the subjects of peace, justice, morality, culture, sport, family life and the obliteration of all other life forms."

This is what I get for posting on the forums with a bit of information I thought was needed. You'd think by now I'd know better.

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    Good luck Op. Things like this generally dont go well. too many "Guilds" like this out there already and they generally quickly generate a reputation..............
    On the contrary, anyone who matters would quickly find out that the very nature of the guild means that it is not responsible for the actions of the members. Anyone spreading word that members of Unguilded are all cheats or tend to grief pugs would only be believed by those who(all of the following):
    A) Don't read the forums
    B) Don't think about the implications of the name 'Unguilded'
    C) Don't ask questions

Of course, you could argue that they would indeed generate a reputation, but leaving it at that implies that it would be a bad one. The reputation generated would be "If you don't care to join a guild and have responsibilities but would still like to use guild navigators/buffs/slots, Unguilded is the guild for you"

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Fon_Win View Post
    Do you always just argue for the sake of arguing?

Yes, trust me, he does.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12