Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Dritzz Invasion!!

I have lost count of the Dritzz duerdon or how ever its spelt clones running around khyber, I mean with variations of the name and yes the majority of them seem to be drow rangers. Meh i guess people have the right to name their charactor what ever they like, just playing on nwn1 and nwn2 servers sometimes makes me froth at the mouth a bit when I see it.

And i dont mind 10-12 year old kids doing it, but i talk to some of these guys and a lot seem to be grown men, i mean come on, how hard can it be to come up with an original name? especially if you want to rp your charactor? Yes thats the worst thing ive come across people trying to be dritzz pet panther and all, i guess he relocated from toril and cloned himself?

I am original- I named my drow 12/6/2 fighter/rogue/paladin - vizzadrix- since it is a purple abomination.

Hi Welcome

Cool Story Bro.
    There is an "Alternate" Forum, PM Strakeln for details.
    Arkats Padawan of Zen Noobility
    Wielder of the Stiffler Salute
    Eberron Lore - Lore-Keepers Lounge

Old news.
    In case you didn't already notice, my posts that end with must NEVER EVER, under any circumstances, be taken seriously.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=3012617

Community Member NostalithilDarkstar's Avatar

Drizzt Do'urden is nothing but a traitor.

Read only

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    I have lost count of the Dritzz duerdon or how ever its spelt clones running around khyber, I mean with variations of the name and yes the majority of them seem to be drow rangers. Meh i guess people have the right to name their charactor what ever they like, just playing on nwn1 and nwn2 servers sometimes makes me froth at the mouth a bit when I see it.

And i dont mind 10-12 year old kids doing it, but i talk to some of these guys and a lot seem to be grown men, i mean come on, how hard can it be to come up with an original name? especially if you want to rp your charactor? Yes thats the worst thing ive come across people trying to be dritzz pet panther and all, i guess he relocated from toril and cloned himself?
    Drzzzt is famous character. Let people rpg without hating on them?

(...) Meh i guess people have the right to name their charactor what ever they like (...)
    I'm not sure this is true. Look at the Code of Conduct:
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    DDO Character Naming Policy

The following are examples of character names and guild names that are NOT appropriate for Dungeons & Dragons Online. Some names that do not fall within one of the examples below may still be inappropriate. Dungeons & Dragons Online Support has final say over what constitutes a violation of the character naming policy.

- Proper names and places or close facsimiles thereof, from the story characters or non-player characters (NPCs) introduced in the fiction of Dungeons & Dragons Online.
    - Fantasy or non-fantasy names from popular culture or media.
    - Sexually explicit, defamatory, obscene, racially or ethnically offensive names or slang.
    - Names of historical or religious significance.
    - Trademarked names of products, goods, materials or services.
    - Common names, slang or references to drug related substances, culture or paraphernalia.
    - Names containing ranks, titles or denotation of power.
    - Names causing harm, mockery or imitation of Dungeons & Dragons Online players, NPCs in addition to Turbine, Inc. employees, past or present.
    - Common names, slang words, phrases or references not consistent with the Dungeons & Dragons universe.
    - Misspelled variations or homonyms of any of the above rules.
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    - Permadeath Guild -
    No twinking - No spoilers - No farming - Real challenge
    www.mortalvoyage.com

Quote Originally Posted by JPDefault View Post
    I'm not sure this is true. Look at the Code of Conduct:
    yes these are the official rules on this but when i point it out to people with dritzz or whatever named clones they cry that they should be able to play what ever charactor name they want ect ect, And so what if you fell in love with some charactor on a tv show, book, ect. That was someone elses creation, if your an adult you can make your own charactor you own story, use your own imagination. Yeah you can loosely base your toon on some concept or even another charactor that you like. Im saying what I think and what I believe, you all have a right to your own opinion just dont cry or hate on me if mines different to yours.

yes these are the official rules on this but when i point it out to people with dritzz or whatever named clones they cry that they should be able to play what ever charactor name they want ect ect, And so what if you fell in love with some charactor on a tv show, book, ect. That was someone elses creation, if your an adult you can make your own charactor you own story, use your own imagination. Yeah you can loosely base your toon on some concept or even another charactor that you like. Im saying what I think and what I believe, you all have a right to your own opinion just dont cry or hate on me if mines different to yours.
    These arn't the clones your looking for.

Argonnessen - Aruki 6 Monk (Main); Dayher 4 Artificer
    Canntih - Firryl 12 Fighter; Tiran 8 Fighter; Daher 4 Fighter/4 Monk

Hi Welcome
    Khyber
    Swez Sowan
    Sowen Sown Sowyn

Quote Originally Posted by Sweyn View Post
    Hi Welcome

kinda late on that one sweyn.... please try again later

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    kinda late on that one sweyn.... please try again later
    It's never too late, thank you very much
    Khyber
    Swez Sowan
    Sowen Sown Sowyn

Quote Originally Posted by Sweyn View Post
    It's never too late, thank you very much
    and its better late than never .

I would like to thank the people who actually discused the issue I raised, whether they agreed or disagreed with me, thats what the thread is about. For those ones who would rather stoop to personal attacks or go off topic, make your own thread, you can title it all the bad stuff you want about natural hazard and his horrible charactor names and how much of a bad guy person he is ect ect. Thats fine, but please make up your own thread about it. This is about people copying the names of other fantasy charactors, especially D&D charactors.

tyche why dont you put up your charactor names? so i can add you to my squelch list? oh i see you dont have any balls but a big mouth lol.

I would like to thank the people who actually discused the issue I raised, whether they agreed or disagreed with me, thats what the thread is about. For those ones who would rather stoop to personal attacks or go off topic, make your own thread, you can title it all the bad stuff you want about natural hazard and his horrible charactor names and how much of a bad guy person he is ect ect. Thats fine, but please make up your own thread about it. This is about people copying the names of other fantasy charactors, especially D&D charactors.
    i think strak needs to bring in a long forgotten thing to the forums for you.... this is Khyber Forums get use to it or u might want to move to another server this is how we are and we will divert any thread we so please to.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    i think strak needs to bring in a long forgotten thing to the forums for you.... this is Khyber Forums get use to it or u might want to move to another server this is how we are and we will divert any thread we so please to.
    YAWN!! oh im so scared of the big bad thread hijackers, still too scared to name your charactors? lol. Correction that is how you are, that is how maybe a quite a few of the people on the server are, just because you and your friends are like this doesnt mean everyone on the server is. Please to think that I would move servers because of a loser like you? Anyway if you so want to feel free to post what ever junk you want to on this thread I dont care. I tried to ask politely but I guess it doesnt work with people who have the minds of young children. Lol im not going to bother to read the rest of your vomit, cheers, hi welcome. :P

YAWN!! oh im so scared of the big bad thread hijackers, still too scared to name your charactors? lol. Correction that is how you are, that is how maybe a quite a few of the people on the server are, just because you and your friends are like this doesnt mean everyone on the server is. Please to think that I would move servers because of a loser like you? Anyway if you so want to feel free to post what ever junk you want to on this thread I dont care. I tried to ask politely but I guess it doesnt work with people who have the minds of young children. Lol im not going to bother to read the rest of your vomit, cheers, hi welcome. :P

so I have the mind of a young child...but isn't it young children who resort to name calling... don't think I have done that yet you have... so who has the mind of a young child again? You must not have done your research on the threads of this server you can find derailment in all of them, people from other servers even come a lot of the time to help us derail a thread because its tons of fun. And for not caring you sure do seem to be getting quiet worked up over it all

I can tolerate it in DDO, but not in PnP D&D.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast