Community Member

Default Intimitank vs Assassin

So I'm about to reach 1750 favor and its time to roll a 32 Point Build.

My first character is a 28 point Halfling Dex Pure Rogue Assassin.

I was originally thinking that for my second character I would go with a killer Intimitank but then i started really thinking about a strength based HL Pure Rogue Assassin.

Once i get my 28pt rogue up to 20 i am going to TR into a Tempest Rogue Monk mix but that wont be for a while.

So assuming i only maintain two toons should i have two rogues or a rogue and a tank?

its always kind of refreshing to take a different route with a second toon.

it really helps get a grasp on different play styles and things you can do or see in the game.

Some always play one type, some never repeat.

It sounds like you want to branch out but are unfamiliar with the way to go..

I say, go for the tank...
    Cannon fodder build The Stalwart Defender, Raid Tank
    Worst Shroud PUG EVER!!!!!! Epic Fail (started 1/13/10, necro'd 3/9/10, 4/20/10, raised dead 3/ 9/11, necro'd 4/9/11, 5/28/11, fame petition necro 8/5/11, necro'd 9/30/11, KIA 10/3/11, True reincarnated famed (by cleric Cordovan) 10/4/11,

Community Member

I thought we already determined intimitanks are gimp.

Community Member

depending on who you talk to, so are pure rogue assassins.

should i take that as a vote for the assassin anyway?

Community Member

Intim.

Community Member

one thing you have to keep in mind, is that an intimitank is a fairly(imo) boring toon to play(hold down block, press 1 and stand there while everyone else does something), they also require alot more equipment than the average build. To be honest however, a 32pt STR based assassin vs a 28 pt dex assassin is not a whole world of difference. Your looking at +4-6 dmg at -1AB on a halfling compared to what you have now. The survivability will probably be slightly lower also.

That said, try out an intimy. personally i think they are not all too fun.
    That or power through and just TR. If you have 1750 favor already, chances are you are fairly close if not at 20cap already.

Only 2 at a time?

I had to buy a second computer for the second account so I can level them two at the same time now.

I need to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by nobodynobody1426 View Post
    If you look across all the changes it's basically a giant nerf to all the stuff we used to use while trying to force folks into theme based playstyles.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality. (Note: this quote was from 2013, things never change)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steveohio View Post
    one thing you have to keep in mind, is that an intimitank is a fairly(imo) boring toon to play(hold down block, press 1 and stand there while everyone else does something), they also require alot more equipment than the average build. To be honest however, a 32pt STR based assassin vs a 28 pt dex assassin is not a whole world of difference. Your looking at +4-6 dmg at -1AB on a halfling compared to what you have now. The survivability will probably be slightly lower also.

That said, try out an intimy. personally i think they are not all too fun.
    That or power through and just TR. If you have 1750 favor already, chances are you are fairly close if not at 20cap already.
    I can see why you think intim would be boring, BUT...

Since i will have a pretty high standing AC i can still fight trash and even though i would be putting down crazy high numbers i will survive to fight the next wave.

When tanking, i may be just mashing intim while blocking but i will be the center of the action, pretty exciting for me to be holding aggro and taking a beating providing opportunities for the group to beat down the mob.

As for TR, i am lvl13 with 1650 favor. I haven't even run shroud yet. I just want to have another toon at 20 before i TR because i may need income to support my AH shopping needs.

Default Check these

A little suggestion for some builds worth checking out, when it comes to rogue builds.

My main is a TR drow made with inspiration from the Leesa 3.0 build (13rogue/6ranger/1 monk). I run it dex based with enhancements in tempest for ranger and acrobatfor the rogue. Healing comes from wands.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=181074

My other rogue char is a WF based on the hurtlocker build (13rogue/6paladin/1monk). Its str based with enhancements in bladesworn for the paladin and mechanic for the rogue.

This guy is seriously fun playing. capable in taking on multiple roles. He has a good amount of selfhealing, can do the rogue job and be offensive and defensive in the melee role, as well as drag some aggro his way.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=194791

If you consider mainly holding on to the rogue for your 2. char, but still want to add some more to it, i can only recommend the hurtlocker build as a path to go.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. (G. Marx)

Chatuyscha / Znutar / Xarazeen

Community Member

I have always been a fan of the leesa build but i like halflings and if i remember right leesa is an impaqt build so no halflings. I also like the Westside build for the AC numbers. I may work on that.

I have been working on figuring out how high i can get my ac with a tempest assassin instead of acrobat. Have been working on a lot of builds.

Problem is that being a F2P guy it is hard for me to build up turbine points.

So spending TP on a monk is going to be expensive for the 1 or two levels i would be taking.

Also, GHoW or THoW is an either or thing. If i drop points on the GHoW i wont be able to afford the True heart for quite some time. But then i can have my 28 point build as my main with a 32. The TR really only gets me a feat and 2 more build points and it will wipe out all my work as a completionist. I may go with Greater heart until much later.

I need to get my brother in law to roll a new character as well so that we can level up together. Maybe i will see what he will want to roll and take that into account.

Read only

Rogues attack.... maybe use 1-2 abilities with a cooldown.

Wizards are using flamewall spam at level 15

Sorcerers are spamming one spell endgame in a raid.

Clerics are healing and then run out of mana and become sad combat fighters

So a tank that is using defense block/intimidate/ cooldown abilties/ and improved trip,sunder, stun are possibly much more active than these other classess or in the least, the same.