Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: is this fair?

Unhappy is this fair?

nvm have a sorry to every one so ya u may as well stop postin here
    Last edited by chrisgina39; 09-04-2010 at 06:11 PM.

Hfigy,
    It's absolutly fair. I'm sorry you had to learn the hardway but this a small server and it doesn't take long for word of ones antics to get around.
    The best you can do is, proving yourself in the quest you do get into. Being helpful and cheerful will get you a long way.
    It's going to take some time. My GrandDad always said "It takes a whole lot of 'attaboy's to make up for one 'Aw Sh!t' "
    Keep your chin up and the mischief down and people will come around.
    Nimblewil
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagone View Post
    Stay classy DDO
    "It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat **** and die" - Hunter S. Thompson

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

There are eleven other people who can decide to finish the quest......you do not need to be the one to do it.

I don't click alters, I don't use levers, grab items off the group....etc. etc.

Let someone else do it, and let them take responsibility for the results.

And if you want to be purposely annoying to others.. (grease)
    Expect to be annoyed in return. (by them not wanting group with you)
    (personally, I'm looking for Burning Hands clickies on all my toons. )
    I gave up a life of farming to become an Adventurer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisgina39 View Post
    ok im hfigy of orein and iv been kick out of groups and decined becuase

1 'forced shroud completesoins'
    i completed a shroud run 10 minitues after we finished(only conmpleted 2 times) and 1 guy wasnt out yet so( didnt no) he was mad i can under stand i said sorry after a while i saw him again and he got over it and i told him a nice trick yet i still am declined

2.i cast greese a few time
    we where in sub waiting 4 a guy too reconect(was out 4 like 20 min) and i got bored so i cast greese we wherent in cb or by traps just waiting most where afk so i cast it a few times and someone tell me too stop i dont(stupid i no but i was bored)you can see where it goes

so is this realy fair that i have trouble finding a group cuase of this?
    im goofy and stuff but when we are doin something then i stop

ps im sorry i cast greese
    What West said!

BUT OMG reading Ur post was like PULLING BARBWIRE THROUGH MY EYES!

Please, PLEASE, learn to use at least SOME punctuation and spelling.

LOL and having fun/playing jokes in a quest are fine U JUST HAVE TO KNOW WHEN IS THE RIGHT TIME FOR SAID FUN/JOKES. And remember there will always be SOMEONE that takes this game way to SERIOUSLY.
    Please try to remember THIS IS JUST A GAME!! So have FUN, LAUGH, and ENJOY YOURSELVES.
    I try to understand what others mean, NOT just what they say! Failing that I still try to keep an open mind about all things. And YES, everyone has the right to be wrong, ignorant, and just plain stupid, (this includes myself.) BUT that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellfor View Post
    What West said!

BUT OMG reading Ur post was like PULLING BARBWIRE THROUGH MY EYES!

Please, PLEASE, learn to use at least SOME punctuation and spelling.

LOL and having fun/playing jokes in a quest are fine U JUST HAVE TO KNOW WHEN IS THE RIGHT TIME FOR SAID FUN/JOKES. And remember there will always be SOMEONE that takes this game way to SERIOUSLY.
    Your post hurt my eyes as well

Default my spelling

i can do alot worse and im proud of it

stupid jokes like this most likely dont help
    Last edited by chrisgina39; 07-31-2010 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WestportStan View Post
    Hfigy,
    It's absolutly fair. I'm sorry you had to learn the hardway but this a small server and it doesn't take long for word of ones antics to get around.
    The best you can do is, proving yourself in the quest you do get into. Being helpful and cheerful will get you a long way.
    It's going to take some time. My GrandDad always said "It takes a whole lot of 'attaboy's to make up for one 'Aw Sh!t' "
    Keep your chin up and the mischief down and people will come around.
    Nimblewil
    k guess il solo and work on alt a bit more now ty

Default This Thread probably didn't help

It might have been helpful to ask forgiveness from the few that you have slighted, but advertising yourself to the rest of the forums dwelling Orienites will probably escalate you rate of declines.

Community Member

The /squelch command is normally permanent. once ya get on it ya never come off. Well until turbine puts name change hearts in the ddo store

Quote Originally Posted by chrisgina39 View Post
    ok im hfigy of orein and iv been kick out of groups and decined becuase

1 'forced shroud completesoins'
    i completed a shroud run 10 minitues after we finished(only conmpleted 2 times) and 1 guy wasnt out yet so( didnt no) he was mad i can under stand i said sorry after a while i saw him again and he got over it and i told him a nice trick yet i still am declined

2.i cast greese a few time
    we where in sub waiting 4 a guy too reconect(was out 4 like 20 min) and i got bored so i cast greese we wherent in cb or by traps just waiting most where afk so i cast it a few times and someone tell me too stop i dont(stupid i no but i was bored)you can see where it goes

so is this realy fair that i have trouble finding a group cuase of this?
    im goofy and stuff but when we are doin something then i stop

ps im sorry i cast greese
    Wow you waited 10 minutes for someone to get out of the Shroud before u completed - you should be congratulated for ur patience.
    If you dont wanna complete get the heck outa there - I wud wait maybe 2 - 3 mns for players to get out of DD's or recall - but 10mins, what the heck was the person doing, digging a tunnel home

Grease - hmm in quests i hate that and also those ridiculous defenders who spew the grease.. ooh and them chaos hounds who run around fearing ur party members...... but while waiting .. childish, annoying prank - YES , deserving of flaming - NO
    Maybe next time if ur lucky to grp with that person use a fireball after u grease him.... maybe then they can complain for a genuine reason.

I remember running Gola Fan once and a young guildy at the time, well know for a few pranks decided to grease one of the slopes near the quest giver - i slid and slid and slid right off the dang world... did I flame him - NO - i cried tears of laffter - Foigrass u were evil (wish you cud still do that, and the deep valley near where u go into taming flames)
    Last edited by Bloodstealer; 08-02-2010 at 12:33 PM.

Proud Leader of the Misfits & Mercenaries Guild on Ghallanda, Thelanis & Orien.
    Veteran DDO:EU BETA player - The original Misift, long since Chaos hardened - Now busy burning a new path to glory over on the flipside!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodstealer View Post
    Wow you waited 10 minutes for someone to get out of the Shroud before u completed - you should be congratulated for ur patience.
    If you dont wanna complete get the heck outa there - I wud wait maybe 2 - 3 mns for players to get out of DD's or recall - but 10mins, what the heck was the person doing, digging a tunnel home

Grease - hmm in quests i hate that and also those ridiculous defenders who spew the grease.. ooh and them chaos hounds who run around fearing ur party members...... but while waiting .. childish, annoying prank - YES , deserving of flaming - NO
    Maybe next time if ur lucky to grp with that person use a fireball after u grease him.... maybe then they can complain for a genuine reason.

I remember running Gola Fan once and a young guildy at the time, well know for a few pranks decided to grease one of the slopes near the quest giver - i slid and slid and slid right off the dang world... did I flame him - NO - i cried tears of laffter - Foigrass u were evil (wish you cud still do that, and the deep valley near where u go into taming flames)
    ty 4 that good thing there some people who dont care on orein

Quote Originally Posted by Crann View Post
    It might have been helpful to ask forgiveness from the few that you have slighted, but advertising yourself to the rest of the forums dwelling Orienites will probably escalate you rate of declines.
    good point lol

Its no wonder very few people tolerate you and fewer like you Hfigy, you were having people roll to see if you would go get them and teleport them to meridia. You know, that subtle gesture of helping a team out. In the matter of transportation since not every one has an airship or teleport spell. Which would be promoting team work. So instead of taking that 1 minute, aka sixty seconds (60 seconds.) of teleporting to market place; going into the sub; teleporting people to meridia including yourself. You wanted them to make a roll?

I don't think there is any clearer way to spell 'obvious lack of insight in why people dislike you and often squelch you' than that. One shouldn't act so immature, ignorant, and just plain inconsiderate. If some one wants people to be nice to them, then they should consider showing a little flexibility. After all, it is a team situation and not many people desire some one on a team who can't play nice with others.

Theres always the option of rerolling on a different server.
    Last edited by Veriden; 08-06-2010 at 10:41 PM.

that was a joke was goin 2 tele him anyway

also i do now why im impashent and make stupid jokes well guess il play on my alts more

Quote Originally Posted by Veriden View Post
    Its no wonder very few people tolerate you and fewer like you Hfigy, you were having people roll to see if you would go get them and teleport them to meridia. You know, that subtle gesture of helping a team out. In the matter of transportation since not every one has an airship or teleport spell. Which would be promoting team work. So instead of taking that 1 minute, aka sixty seconds (60 seconds.) of teleporting to market place; going into the sub; teleporting people to meridia including yourself. You wanted them to make a roll?

I don't think there is any clearer way to spell 'obvious lack of insight in why people dislike you and often squelch you' than that. One shouldn't act so immature, ignorant, and just plain inconsiderate. If some one wants people to be nice to them, then they should consider showing a little flexibility. After all, it is a team situation and not many people desire some one on a team who can't play nice with others.

Theres always the option of rerolling on a different server.
    Ok, as much as I think the odd grease clicky when having to wait a while is silly but not severe or that waiting 10mins for someone to dig their tunnel back to Meridia is showing ur patience of a Saint... but displaying a lack of team mentality for something which actually helps speed up the process such as teleporting a grp - then yes this deserves a flame imo. I hope you quickly retracted your jest and went and got them, cos honestly I think you wud of been facing the door in my party

Proud Leader of the Misfits & Mercenaries Guild on Ghallanda, Thelanis & Orien.
    Veteran DDO:EU BETA player - The original Misift, long since Chaos hardened - Now busy burning a new path to glory over on the flipside!

hfigy the only problems i've seen out of you isn't a lack of a sense of humor (personally mine is similar.... lol) but you just need to learn when that humor is appropriate and when it isn't (for instance greasing on the ledge for a subterranne raid...... goes over well in a guild but horribly in a pug). The only personal experience i've had with your "antics" was greasing the little ledge near the entrance to VoD and well... that didn't go over well at all because people fell and you did not happen to know the way back up at the time.
    orien too lazy to update chars
    Quote Originally Posted by porq
    tells you, 'is it so hard to type kila[a-f]?'
    yes yes it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'?

yes i can tell pug are quite unforgiving at times and ya i agree with the sence of humor thing

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodstealer View Post
    Ok, as much as I think the odd grease clicky when having to wait a while is silly but not severe or that waiting 10mins for someone to dig their tunnel back to Meridia is showing ur patience of a Saint... but displaying a lack of team mentality for something which actually helps speed up the process such as teleporting a grp - then yes this deserves a flame imo. I hope you quickly retracted your jest and went and got them, cos honestly I think you wud of been facing the door in my party
    was a joke lol said that like 3 time and ya was waiting at sub 4 him

Community Member

Default Clarification

Ok, dear HFigy, cos u seem not to be able to understand or u just dont want to take responsibility (cos only all he others are bad and u didnt do any really wrong), i will add my personal 'fuc.. u' moment.

Shroud part 5, ele parked, all other lieutenants dead. Guess what i see right in front of me? a Arcane teleporting out of mission, followed shortly by a disconnect. For ur information, i know that u teleported to portable hole and logged out from there (taks only 2-3 seconds to logout from there) and to top it off: IF u wanna fake a disconnect, do it propperly, after the logout, dont login another toon, cos in that moment ur old toon 'leaves' group. so evrybody in team was aware that u just forfeited the team in part 5, cos u had already what u needed and that u dont care a **** about others.

So FYI u did not manage to get forgiveness here, iin my case the desire to stay away from u only grew bigger.
    Have fun

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast