Default Just have to say this

I do appreciate the people willing to start groups and put up LFMs. But, it makes it pretty tough to figure out what is going on when people do not indicate what quest they are running or the expected difficulty level.

Please, please, scroll thru the quest list and find the quest you're going to run and mark the difficulty level you want to try. Or, at the very least, put the information in the comments section.

I know, start my own groups if I don't like it or send the leader a tell and ask....

Save hundreds of people the need for this and put quest and difficulty level in your LFM. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by Therigar View Post
    I do appreciate the people willing to start groups and put up LFMs. But, it makes it pretty tough to figure out what is going on when people do not indicate what quest they are running or the expected difficulty level.

Please, please, scroll thru the quest list and find the quest you're going to run and mark the difficulty level you want to try. Or, at the very least, put the information in the comments section.

I know, start my own groups if I don't like it or send the leader a tell and ask....

Save hundreds of people the need for this and put quest and difficulty level in your LFM. Please!
    I've noticed this as well.

I also find when I request to join a group, most of the time I get no response.

Of course, maybe they just don't want me in group.
    Hands you a Cupcake One of Many of the O'Rum Ferretus's

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    I've noticed this as well.

I also find when I request to join a group, most of the time I get no response.

Of course, maybe they just don't want me in group.
    Lies.....its because your too good for them.

But yeah to the OP there is that problem. But, there is also another probkem where you state, difficulty, quest, and level range. So of course someone who is not of the class or level click. Or even better they click and have no idea what quest your doing. Then there are the people who try to hi-jack YOUR party when you state the difficulty just because they are farmign favor and want to try higher difficulty when they have not a clue of the quest.

/rant off

I transitioned into a rant at some point. So insert /rant as you see fit

Well, I understand the rant & also completely agree that Cupcake isn't the problem.

A bit of it is just a problem with being the newest server & getting all the newest people pointed at you. A few people jumped over to grab names and start fresh, whatever. But most of the server are new to DDO.

Lots of stuff they do that is annoying. I can pretty well deal with most of it. Just this bit about the LFMs really irks me. Only thing I've got figured out is that if the leader is in House Jorasco it is a Tempest Spine run -- cuz that's uber loot and great XP.

Good points.....I just dont think your target audience reads the Forums.

If anyone new is reading though, if you are leading a PUG, answer your LFM's join request...one way or the other. If you don't want someone in your group who has answered your LFM, hit decline so they can go about their business and find another group.

Trying to remember what I saw last night that cracked me up....

They were doing something high level, and the quest name said Cannith Crystal LOL

Sometimes when you log it, you are bugged so you cannot see most or all of the quest selections that are in the LFM section.

For this reason, when we make an LFM, put the Quest Name in the Comments secition

Example:
    For shroud I put:

Shroud - be flagged - 2-3 healers, 1-2 arcane, rest STRONG melee dps

For hound:
    hound - VIP - 2-3 healers, rest idc

random quest

Running with the Devils:
    running w/ devils - 1 healer, 1-2 arcane, rest idc

Tear of Dhakan
    Tear, HUGE EXP, fast run, need 23 int user, 23 wisdom user, rest idc

you get the idea
    (Perma) - Khyber - Official Helpers Guild Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Grease is an extremely valuable party buff.

They were doing something high level, and the quest name said Cannith Crystal LOL
    I saw that too, had the same reaction.

I'm still very new to the game, but it took me all of maybe an hour to figure out how the LFM worked once I figured out all the different menus and windows on the screen. It's not THAT much more effort to actually add the quest you're going to run...

One other thing I see alot that I don't quite get - all the people postiing LFMs in General Chat, and they don't have a notice up in "Grouping". Is this just people wanting to know in advance if people are interested or not, or what? Seems to be a lousy way of getting a group together, but maybe there's some logic to it that I haven't had the experience yet to understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

Quote Originally Posted by PNellesen View Post
    I saw that too, had the same reaction.

I'm still very new to the game, but it took me all of maybe an hour to figure out how the LFM worked once I figured out all the different menus and windows on the screen. It's not THAT much more effort to actually add the quest you're going to run...

One other thing I see alot that I don't quite get - all the people postiing LFMs in General Chat, and they don't have a notice up in "Grouping". Is this just people wanting to know in advance if people are interested or not, or what? Seems to be a lousy way of getting a group together, but maybe there's some logic to it that I haven't had the experience yet to understand.
    I would guess its more people that just dont know how to use the LFM panel.

I know I do have a bad habit of forgetting to update the quest name if I am running say Deleras and get to part 2 and it still says part 1 LOL.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

I put what I want to do everytime, but I really don't know why I bother, as it has become very clear to me that no one reads what I put up anyway for the reasons stated above by unscythed. I usually take it in stride and just laugh at them a little but, bu it does grow a wee bit tiresome.

Community Member

I suffer the same thing as Cupcake, always forgetting to update on chain quests, but more often than not I remember this as I hit accept and let the joiner know what's up.

I don't have too much trouble with pugs on Orien. Typically I will throw up an lfm when I know the quest like the back of my hand and/or if I know I can solo it with 5 stones in my backpack if it came down to that(thankfully not yet). I'll typically throw something like 'byoh', 'be self sufficient', 'know the way here', or 'pancakes' in my lfms. Rarely a bad group from that.

Yeah Cannith Crystal is a cover-up of high leveled questing. A few people do it for raids as well, we need some way of disguising the lfm away from very new players.

Quote Originally Posted by Asketes View Post

Tear of Dhakan
    Tear, HUGE EXP, fast run, need 23 int user, 23 wisdom user, rest idc
    That doesn't seem too fast of a run. For pugs, I trust them to take the normal path of the quest. It is pretty straight forward, and very little healing is needed if they can keep up and kill stuff. Due to the lack of healers for pugs, I just do a straight run, the optionals are too tough for a pug to work effectively together to do. But more power to ya if that extra 5k exp doesnt take an extra 10 minutes to get done.