Community Member

Default Not just a hireling bug!

I have heard from several people that since the last patch, you freeze up when zoning with a hireling. Well, it's not just when you have a hireling for me. I have been freezeing up when zoneing for 2 days now. I can not even do anything in 3 barrel cove. Every instance I have tried to go into there has frozen on the loading screen. It loads very quickly but just sits there at a full load bar and doesn't zone.

I got fed up with it and switched from my rogue to my fighter and all was going fine, did a few good instances until I went to the steamvaults in the marketplace. It took me 2 tries to get into the kobold blockade instance, when I finaly finished it, went to the next one in the chain, forgot to put away the hireling, and froze again. Relogged, went back to the instance without the hireling out, and still can not get into it. 5 tries so far to get into the instance and everytime it freezes on the loading screen. As I said all was fine in other areas, but it seems some zones are not loading for me.

For the last 2 days it has been cross your fingers and hope you zone. Being a weekend I was hoping to find groups and do some of the quests I can't do solo even with a hireling, but sadly I am now to afraid to group up as I might not be able to get into the instance and I don't want my charaters to be labeled as "unreliable". I hope this is fixed very soon as I am stuck right now between not being able to do quest because of the bugg or I need a group to do them.

Community Member

I started playing again the day before the patch. No problems. Day of the patch I can't zone anywhere with a hireling. I haven't had it happen to me without yet, but its just as elbron describes it. The load bar goes across fast but it just sits there, the screen never changes. I have to ctrl+alt+del out of the game and restart it. This is particularly annoying because I always forget to dismiss my hireling before hitting recall.

Completely agree. Most of the time its me forgetting to dismiss my hireling(which is annoying in its own right), but I've had multiple times where the same bug occurred without a hireling.

Can we get, at the very least, a confirmation from turbine that they're at least attempting to program a fix for this?

Yep, same thing happens every time I try to zone in with a hireling. Today I couldn't even zone out of Wiz King with hireling in tow. Seems to happen 100% of the time I use a hireling in a larger area and then run quests (C06, Desert, Tangle Root).

I wonder if they broke something when patching the hireling teleport bug (ie, the hireling teleports with you even when you have him parked).

I am trying to stay positive, but it seems that they break more than they fix lately.

Angry Absolutely agree.

I can't play DDO for 2days for same problem. I don't have any hirings, I don't get in the party. But, I'v stuck in loading screen. These 2days, I've saw "Welcome to Eberron" .... What is this? It just activated his trap card. It's not Eberron, It's just picture of Eberron.

Community Member

Lets hope that the Hotfix being applied now sorts it. So annoying

I have it as well, working with support via email.