Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Guild Renown awards

So, I've not seen a single token in a chest or as an end reward since the patch. Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Arctigis View Post
    So, I've not seen a single token in a chest or as an end reward since the patch. Anyone else?
    I have only had time to run one quest (Big Top on normal) so far, and I agree. No guild awards including BOTH end rewards - normal list for finishing the quest and the end list for finishing the chain.

But that could just be because it was set to normal. I usually see many more guild awards on elite settings. But I did think it a bit strange that I didn't even get a single 5 point award for killing things throughout the whole quest.

Edit: this was on a 7th level fighter with no hireling.
    Last edited by Bradik_Losdar; 07-21-2010 at 02:13 PM.
    Bring teleport more inline with PnP: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Basic-Teleport
    Player made quests can work in DDO: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...erated-content

Just finished running our 14-16's through Wis King, Offering and Prison. Pulled a bunch of 50 renown tokens, a couple of 150 and one 500. Got a bunch from random kills also. It was level-appropriate though and on elite.

I don't recall any mention of it being offered as end rewards though, and didn't see any myself, so can't confirm that.
    Leader of The Madborn, Thelanis
    Searros, Kangaros, Xearos, Fearos, Tearos, Zenros, Rocknros, Rargasauros, Whilyros, Frostyros, Rosificer, Levonestral, Clankros, Stabbyros

Between Waterworks, Irestone Inlet, and the Cerulean Hills quests I've net about 1300 renown from kills and chests (level 4).
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

Could they have cut back the non elite/epic renown drops instead of upping the elite/epic renown drops?
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

I read the patch notes and notice that guilds with 25 members or less will get more credit for their renown tokens towards guild rewards. Ummm great! My 3 member guild may be able to get that level 25 airship in less than five or six months of nightly grind! So we log on and boot a bunch of mules and long gone players from the guild and two of us run out to the desert to loot some chests. Some 15 chests later, with two people looting out of each chest, not one token! No points for killing monsters. Boy Turbine I really hope this is some kind of a mistake. Life screws me over enough. I dont want it in the place where I come to play to get away from it all.

By the way, my tiny guild is one of the first guilds in DDO established minutes after it went live. We are all alpha/beta players and have started over on new servers with new characters many times. So we have been here a long, long time. The airships and the renown has given us something new and fun to work on and right now we are all pretty upset.

With no word on your part, some might conclude that you dont want us to get too much of it for free.

Xanthe Xanderwynd/Etzyl von Oeringen

This is where i would normally say something like

"so many issues with this patch ..... why not roll it back"
    followed by a long rant about how disappointed i have been in turbine in the last year only to be attacked by fanbois and turbine love children.

but i will refrain from a long rant and just say

/shrug

and bash my head against the wall repeatedly .... seems to be the only thing that helps me deal with updates and patches these days ... funny i get less headaches bashing my head against my desk then i do reading the forums.
    Hack n Slash Gaming - Streaming DDO and PS4 games on Twitch starting September 15th - join the revolution
    [])])])])])])[]]??????????????????????????
    Quote Originally Posted by magnus1 View Post
    drfirewater... thanks for being the voice of reason!

Quote Originally Posted by Drfirewater79 View Post
    This is where i would normally say something like

"so many issues with this patch ..... why not roll it back"
    followed by a long rant about how disappointed i have been in turbine in the last year only to be attacked by fanbois and turbine love children.

but i will refrain from a long rant and just say

/shrug

and bash my head against the wall repeatedly .... seems to be the only thing that helps me deal with updates and patches these days ... funny i get less headaches bashing my head against my desk then i do reading the forums.
    See my sig... Why do you even play this game anymore?

Really, it's not healthy to get upset over and over and over and over about a GAME... If Turbine's decisions really bother you this much, you can STOP PLAYING...
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoldyGopher View Post
    Tarrant, I have been thinking about this this morning, is it possible True Reincarnates in the quests are causing the problems?

My reincarante hasn't seen squat for renown, but the players on "first" builds seem to be working as intended, at least from those I have talked to.
    Nope been pulling Renown on my Tr (started monday) still pulling today almost level 5...although my hours have been limited. Seems kill renown may be up a little but i am getting chests just not every chest has it..maybe 25~50%....i havent been logging any of this as it didnt seem broken....probably still wont as it dosent seem to be stopping our progress even at lvl 31.

Community Member GlorkTheInvader's Avatar

In three solo runs of Tear on Hard (CR8) on a Level 9 Paladin (Thelanis):

Run 1 -
    156 mobs killed, renown drops were 5, 15, 5, 15, 5, 5, 15, 5
    7 chests opened, renown drops were: 500, 50
    No renown at end reward

Run 2 -
    162 mobs killed, renown drops were 5, 5, 5, 5, 5
    8 chests opened, renown drops were: 50, 50
    No renown at end reward

Run 3 -
    164 mobs killed (I think, forgot to look at final number), renown drops were: 5, 5, 5, 5
    8 chests opened, renown drops were: 50, 50
    No renown at end reward

Above numbers are base value. Renown was scaled to double value for guild size, so I earned 1730 total. Drop rates for chests seem roughly on par with past experience.
    Last edited by GlorkTheInvader; 07-22-2010 at 12:38 PM.
    Former L E G I O N - Now Retired Old Piker
    Glork || Glorkie || Amalla || Eryae || Shiomi || Jhaene || Sunmaid || Skydusk

Quote Originally Posted by Rumbaar View Post
    I'm not sure from your response, but is that WAI?

I know I got a 150 renown token from my 1750 Drow +2 Tome list [have screenshot]. Of course who would take a renown token?

Also someone got a similar experience with their RAID 20th run, and it was only a 50 point reward.

These were all pre Update 1 though.
    Please make sure that, when renown is offered as an end reward, that it is in addition to all other choices, not replacing one of them. This is most important for raid 20th completions. I would hate to have the equivalent of "Sorry, but instead of this Torc of Prince Raiyum-de II, how about a nice 50 renown token?"

(Edits below, since I had more ideas as soon as I hit submit)

About end rewards, please have it remember the difficulty for which you are being rewarded. For instance, doing The Plane of Night on Epic currently gives rewards for a level 10 quest, not level 20. Implementing this would also make it possible to give renown as an end reward which is appropriate to what was just done. This is also especially relevant for Devil Assault, which is level 6/12/18, not 6/7/8.

Also, if you are going to base renown end rewards on the length of a quest, please review the stated length of quests to make sure that they match reality. Some stated quest lengths have never been correct, others have become incorrect due to changes (dungeon alert, doors added, etc).
    Last edited by Barazon; 07-23-2010 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barazon View Post
    Also, if you are going to base renown end rewards on the length of a quest, please review the stated length of quests to make sure that they match reality. Some stated quest lengths have never been correct, others have become incorrect due to changes (dungeon alert, doors added, etc).
    Quest difficulties as well. Some quests (Enter the Kobold, Taming the Flames, Stealer of Souls, Tomb of the Blighted, Proof is in the Poison) are far harder than any other quests remotely near their levels. They should award more renown. Some are far easier than indicated too (most of Gianthold for example).
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Community Member

Yes I have seen drops since the patch. I have seen a lot on elite runs more so than others.

I'd like to see more and higher amounts when more guild members are grouped as a morale boost Perhaps a multiplier /shrug

Question

Did they change something today?

I've gone from various 50,150, 500 and a few 1000's to not one token drop from a rare chest today.
    Leader - Ωmega Syndicate [L41] guild of Khyber|Orien - www.os.rumbaar.net
    Khyber - Eldraine - Monk | Eldaline - Favored Soul | Eldnuker - Sorcerer
    █████ - Eldalorne - Wizard | Elarawr - Fighter | Eldrainge - Ranger/Rogue

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rumbaar View Post
    Did they change something today?

I've gone from various 50,150, 500 and a few 1000's to not one token drop from a rare chest today.
    Don't think so, still getting renown tokens from chests in level appropriate quests. I'm running through kobald ringleader on my lvl8 pala on elite right now with my lvl4 alt and I'm getting 50's for both my lvl8 and lvl4. Since the base rate is 20%, minus 4% for every level over the quest, I should be getting a 4% drop rate per chest on my lvl8. Factor in the length of the quest, this would probably be increased slightly. I guess it's all up to RNG :P

However, I think the quest reward for renown is still broken, or the fix hasn't been applied yet as I'm still not getting any renown tokens popping up.

With any luck they will fix some more bugs today and work on renown..

We all dont have lowbie toons No renown in chest if your 5 levels over quest level

Ghallanda Guild Keepers of the Asylum & Plague -[ Beowulfs 14 fighter/3 pal / 3rog Drow]

Community Member

Things are looking better for me.

On Saturday, I ran my level 4 cleric through all the harbour quests so I could clear them all before leveling up. I had done most of them earlier at normal, so everything was done at hard except for the 1st & 2nd parts of waterworks (normal only) and the 2 in the Cerulean Hills (which I didn't do at all, although I did do a nearly complete sweep of the hills). I was seeing good renown drop in all of them. The small guild bonus looks like it's working nicely, too.

On Sunday, I was running a second level 4 (ranger) through everything in Korthos except Misery Peak up through hard, and some of the harbour through hard (Durk's, Garrison's Bringing the Light, Information is Key, and Haverdasher). I didn't see any renown at all in Korthos or anything in the harbour on normal. Doing the harbour quests on hard decent showed renown almost immediately. Based on MadFloyd's recent comments, it appears the overlevel flags are still a little quirky.

Didn't see anything in the end chests, of course (yes, I know they're still bugged, just saying for completeness). However, things are looking much much better than they first were on Wednesday, and even somewhat better than the previous week or so.

Thanks for the hard work on this.

still needs work

Ghallanda Guild Keepers of the Asylum & Plague -[ Beowulfs 14 fighter/3 pal / 3rog Drow]

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shaddox1 View Post
    I think the renown points should go along with the individual who earned them. Renown is basically a guild reputation and the more reputable members you have the better the reputation. For example if you have a freshly started guild that has four lvl 20 members who have done every quest and gained personal fame, shouldn't that guild have more renown then a guild who had four lvl 1 members with no fame? Id also like to point out that if a guild lost its members or gained members that renown should decrease or increase based on what that character is bringing with them. A guilds renown is only as good as its make up of members and i think its a bit lame that it would be more feasible to recruit lower lvl members (with lesser fame) to bolster your ranks to receive more renown then to recruit let say a lvl 15 character that has already built a reputation and has earned some renown already. Any thoughts on this or am i the only one who has thought on this fact?
    Why do you equate renown with reputation?
    Any assumption you make to equate them is pure fancy and not based in reality.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by RTN View Post
    Wait, people actually check that and take it seriously?

It was amusing and a little entertaining while guilds (including my own) raced to get the first airship and helped to relieve a little of the end game grind boredom...in no small part because it was a new grind for us. But now that it's the long slow grind, people should really chill out. I suspect most of the high end raiding/epic guilds have gone back to their normal grinds and take the Renown as they get it as a side product/benefit. Besides, as people have proven, the massive (mostly newbie) guilds have a big advantage for now (once decay really sets in at the high levels, I suspect this will no longer be the case since they have huge numbers of accounts).

People need to just relax about the turtle race/grind to high guild levels. It just isn't that important or significant.
    Some people actually think renown = reputation....but as we have pointed out...it is in no way related.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast