Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Guild Renown awards

So, I've not seen a single token in a chest or as an end reward since the patch. Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Arctigis View Post
    So, I've not seen a single token in a chest or as an end reward since the patch. Anyone else?
    I have only had time to run one quest (Big Top on normal) so far, and I agree. No guild awards including BOTH end rewards - normal list for finishing the quest and the end list for finishing the chain.

But that could just be because it was set to normal. I usually see many more guild awards on elite settings. But I did think it a bit strange that I didn't even get a single 5 point award for killing things throughout the whole quest.

Edit: this was on a 7th level fighter with no hireling.
    Last edited by Bradik_Losdar; 07-21-2010 at 02:13 PM.
    Bring teleport more inline with PnP: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Basic-Teleport
    Player made quests can work in DDO: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...erated-content

This is where i would normally say something like

"so many issues with this patch ..... why not roll it back"
    followed by a long rant about how disappointed i have been in turbine in the last year only to be attacked by fanbois and turbine love children.

but i will refrain from a long rant and just say

/shrug

and bash my head against the wall repeatedly .... seems to be the only thing that helps me deal with updates and patches these days ... funny i get less headaches bashing my head against my desk then i do reading the forums.
    Hack n Slash Gaming - Streaming DDO and PS4 games on Twitch starting September 15th - join the revolution
    [])])])])])])[]]??????????????????????????
    Quote Originally Posted by magnus1 View Post
    drfirewater... thanks for being the voice of reason!

Just finished running our 14-16's through Wis King, Offering and Prison. Pulled a bunch of 50 renown tokens, a couple of 150 and one 500. Got a bunch from random kills also. It was level-appropriate though and on elite.

I don't recall any mention of it being offered as end rewards though, and didn't see any myself, so can't confirm that.
    Leader of The Madborn, Thelanis
    Searros, Kangaros, Xearos, Fearos, Tearos, Zenros, Rocknros, Rargasauros, Whilyros, Frostyros, Rosificer, Levonestral, Clankros, Stabbyros

Between Waterworks, Irestone Inlet, and the Cerulean Hills quests I've net about 1300 renown from kills and chests (level 4).
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

Could they have cut back the non elite/epic renown drops instead of upping the elite/epic renown drops?
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

I read the patch notes and notice that guilds with 25 members or less will get more credit for their renown tokens towards guild rewards. Ummm great! My 3 member guild may be able to get that level 25 airship in less than five or six months of nightly grind! So we log on and boot a bunch of mules and long gone players from the guild and two of us run out to the desert to loot some chests. Some 15 chests later, with two people looting out of each chest, not one token! No points for killing monsters. Boy Turbine I really hope this is some kind of a mistake. Life screws me over enough. I dont want it in the place where I come to play to get away from it all.

By the way, my tiny guild is one of the first guilds in DDO established minutes after it went live. We are all alpha/beta players and have started over on new servers with new characters many times. So we have been here a long, long time. The airships and the renown has given us something new and fun to work on and right now we are all pretty upset.

With no word on your part, some might conclude that you dont want us to get too much of it for free.

Xanthe Xanderwynd/Etzyl von Oeringen

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
    I read the patch notes and notice that guilds with 25 members or less will get more credit for their renown tokens towards guild rewards. Ummm great! My 3 member guild may be able to get that level 25 airship in less than five or six months of nightly grind! So we log on and boot a bunch of mules and long gone players from the guild and two of us run out to the desert to loot some chests. Some 15 chests later, with two people looting out of each chest, not one token! No points for killing monsters. Boy Turbine I really hope this is some kind of a mistake. Life screws me over enough. I dont want it in the place where I come to play to get away from it all.

By the way, my tiny guild is one of the first guilds in DDO established minutes after it went live. We are all alpha/beta players and have started over on new servers with new characters many times. So we have been here a long, long time. The airships and the renown has given us something new and fun to work on and right now we are all pretty upset.

With no word on your part, some might conclude that you dont want us to get too much of it for free.

Xanthe Xanderwynd/Etzyl von Oeringen
    Not quite sure what the issue is here. There's more renown in the game now, not less (unless you're way above quest level). Perhaps you can give a little more detail here in terms of the character level compared to the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Not quite sure what the issue is here. There's more renown in the game now, not less (unless you're way above quest level). Perhaps you can give a little more detail here in terms of the character level compared to the quest.
    Not according to the forums today. I'll be able to weigh in with more weight after I play tonight and touch base with the guild.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

While you here, can you please confirm if 25 players is based on accounts or total members (I have 10 characters in my small guild - do I count as 1 or 10?).

Barumar

Quote Originally Posted by Barumar View Post
    While you here, can you please confirm if 25 players is based on accounts or total members (I have 10 characters in my small guild - do I count as 1 or 10?).

Barumar
    Accounts.

Accounts.
    Good, wife and I went VIP and we have two other members of our guild who have a couple characters. Would hate to think I couldn't use all my char slots (I have altitis, what are the other 11 steps?)

Community Member

Ran Sins of attrition on normal (lvl 19 quest) with a solo level 20 fvs 5 times. seen one renown reward out of 25 chests and 5 end rewards. I did get a "few" points for killing the 150-200 devils in each instance. Ran it on hard and got 500 renown out of 1 chest.
    Maybe i should have gone to korthos at level 20 to get renown....

The bards will have a feild day trying to make up songs of valor for all the level 20;s doing korthos quests on elite. It is so worthy of renown killing those 6 rats and solving the puzzle in the storehouse secret

Accounts.
    Pretty sure our guild has less than 25 accounts. I haven't seen any change in the amount of renown we are getting.
    Justice / Karisu / Melodi / Morgiana / Zoie / Dixee / Savanna / Silviah / Oliviah / Coreline / Serachi / Raevinn
    -= Pestilence =-
    Thelanis

Today my guildie and I did about 7 skeleton chest runs in the desert. We are both Level 18. I figure we got about 15 chests. NO guild rewards at all as compared to tokens in an average of every other chest maybe....before the patch. We have done a lot of that in the past as we are working on slayer there and like to get the guild rewards too.

Are you saying that you have totally nerfed getting guild points for favor runs and slayer runs below level? Why dont you inform us in the patch notes that you are nerfing? You are giving but you are taking away too. Frankly this is a major disappointment for me as I am one of those obsessive players that likes to do every quest on elite and get every wilderness area totally complete, so I spend a lot of my time when I am on by myself working on these deeds. So now my time will be worthless to the guild effort towards our airship, which is already months away. (One has to wonder why you set slayer in the desert to 9000 if you dont support the player who spends his time working to get it. 3000 Scorrow??? Do you comprehend how many desert runs this takes?)

Also, we just did all the big top quests and the zombie pirate quests, for no xp, just so we could do them. We got guild points then, but that will not happen again if new low level quests come out and we want to do them for favor or just for fun? We do have lowbie alts but they are level 10s...still to high for big top favor.

Xanthe Xanderwynd/Etzel von Oeringen

After a bit more playing:

Sorc L20

No renown at all out of low level quests. I guess I can understand this, but it _is_ a change and I don't
    recall seeing this called out anywhere.

I got some renown for killing mobs in Rainbow in the Dark (hard) - no renown tokens
    I got no renown at all from Running with the Devils (norm)
    I got a fair bit of renown for killing Devils in Sins _and_ got a token in one of the end chests, nothing in completion list.
    No renown from four Battlefield chests though I got some from kills (thanks warforged titan!)

It seems that you need to be almost at quest level now for renown tokens and renown awards from
    kills.
    The small guild scaling seems to be working fine.
    Not sure what's up with the explorer areas (probably just bad luck)

The talk in lamania made it sound like renown was also supposed to scale lower if you were doing the quest above level. The system is fairer and makes more sense this way, and when the update came and this apprently wasn't the case people raged.

Now it looks like doing quests above level is netting no or little renown, and people are raging.

*sighs*

From the sounds of it, a level 20 speed running Irestone or quick korthos quests won't get bucketloads of renown now. This is good! Instead you are going to have to actually challenge youself in level appropriate quests? Also good.

It looks like low level characters may still get renown faster due to their quests being shorter, but this takes a huge amount of grind out of the system by removing trivial methods of gaining renown. Yay.

Again though, from Lamania it sounds like this was always how it was supposed to work, they just fixed it.

Any reports of if renown drops like sweet sweet candy from epic yet? That oft repeated request getting in could be pretty sweet.

Community Member

A little data:

Leveling up a new mage - currently level 3:
    "Bringing the Light" & "Information is Key" both on casual and normal; "Secret of the Storehouse" on elite, "THe Korthos Crystal" on hard, and "Durk's Got a Secret" on casual. Total of 30 points among the lot of them (3 kill drops of 5 points each and the +5 small guild bonus).

Checked with my Level 14 rogue:
    "Durk's Got a Secret", "The Secret of the Storehouse", & "The Korthos Crystal" all on elite. Nothing. (Yeah, very much over level on all of them, but throughout the last week, I've seen practically nothing in quests even close to level appropriate, but tons in the lower ones).

And finally, on a newish level 4 cleric I got a 50-point token and 2 5-point kill drops for a total of 120 after the small guild bonus.

I've been leveling the mage through Korthos since Sunday when I rolled her up. I've seen practically nothing in the chests there, but a fair amount of renown from the kills, and I had been getting a token in the end rewards probably 3 or 4 out of 5 times. Having single handedly grinding some 11000 point in the week since I've created my little guild (just me with 4 charcters), I was thinking I might see that airship in less than a year after all. Now my girls are all getting depressed over this.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Pretty sure our guild has less than 25 accounts. I haven't seen any change in the amount of renown we are getting.

with 288 Characters on your roster you would have to average 12+ TOons per person toget under that 25 account mark..

Also remeber that all those "F2P" accounts folks made count as an addititional "Account".. even if they are just a few Mules... I think you guys are over 25.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by Dcurd View Post
    The talk in lamania made it sound like renown was also supposed to scale lower if you were doing the quest above level. The system is fairer and makes more sense this way, and when the update came and this apprently wasn't the case people raged.

Now it looks like doing quests above level is netting no or little renown, and people are raging.
    True, but their rage only hits one target now, so its not as big of a deal as before.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcurd View Post
    *sighs*

From the sounds of it, a level 20 speed running Irestone or quick korthos quests won't get bucketloads of renown now. This is good! Instead you are going to have to actually challenge youself in level appropriate quests? Also good.

It looks like low level characters may still get renown faster due to their quests being shorter, but this takes a huge amount of grind out of the system by removing trivial methods of gaining renown. Yay.

Again though, from Lamania it sounds like this was always how it was supposed to work, they just fixed it.

Any reports of if renown drops like sweet sweet candy from epic yet? That oft repeated request getting in could be pretty sweet.
    /agree.

It has always been my thought that it should scale similar to xp. No xp, no renown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast