Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    Hi guys,

If you feel you did not receive appropriate renown (or you liked what you received) please post your character level, server, the quest name, the CR of the quest, the difficulty setting you ran it on and the amount of renown you received.

Thanks!
    Tarrant, I have been thinking about this this morning, is it possible True Reincarnates in the quests are causing the problems?

My reincarante hasn't seen squat for renown, but the players on "first" builds seem to be working as intended, at least from those I have talked to.

The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

Comparing 170k of new renown reports to 3 million prepatch was interesting. Either we were very lucky or epics had a pretty noticable boost in amount of renown earned

Quote Originally Posted by mutantbee View Post
    Think he may be right about Korthos. I also noticed that after completing all quests through Elite, I got not only no reknown tokens, but NO festival coins! Not one!
    They didn't drop coins in december either. I made my lowbies skip Korthos so they'd get me more cakes

Could just be random chance. My Tr was pulling renown at about the same rate as before. Not saying I like the rate I was getting it before, but seems about the same to me.

Community Member GlorkTheInvader's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arctigis View Post
    The point of this thread was to solicit information regarding guild renown earned from chests/end rewards after
    the patch and how it contrasts with that earned before the patch.

Right, your data point is that renown in epic quests is increased. Thanks for contributing.

The other data points in this thread, despite your attempts to invalidate them, are:

Renown awards are now much more closely tied to character level versus quest level; characters above the
    quest level are unlikely to earn renown. This was not the case pre-patch.

Explorer zones seem to have poorer chance of dropping renown tokens in chests (I haven't seen one).

Renown for kills, as long as you are around the right character level, seems increased.

Renown award tokens from chests and end rewards generally seem fewer.

I admit that most of this is anecdotal and could simply be attributed to bad luck. Which is why I asked others.
    You seem to be missing my point, which was not to discredit or insult you or anyone else who feels they are not getting enough renown. Like I said, I probably came across as abrasive (and probably earned that neg rep from you) because I tend to be a very blunt person. I think we're actually on the same page as far as wanting to get an appropriate sample size.

I don't feel that a period of less than twelve hours (which is when I made my other post) is sufficient to determine whether renown drops have increased, decreased, or stayed approximately the same across DDO. And given the bugginess and general customer unhappiness with Turbine's QA, it doesn't surprise me that there would be some knee-jerk "is renown broken?" reactions when someone has a run of bad luck. That's more or less the point I was trying to make, and my knee-jerk reaction was "give it some time and don't panic about one afternoon with little or no renown."

In my opinion, it would make a lot of sense as far as determining global renown drops would be if there were some way to track renown in real-time (which seems possible, as there have been reported account suspensions for renown farming), or even if one were to take snapshots every eight or twelve or twenty-four hours of all rewnown across all guilds.

That said, if we're looking at specific "N/H/E" and "Level vs. CR," unless something was implemented beforehand (which, it appears, was not), word of mouth is really the only way to determine whether renwon drops have been inadvertently decreased in some manner. With that being the case, I would expect (though I obviously have no way of knowing for certain) that the balance would be shifted more towards people who feel they are being shafted on renown, than people who haven't noticed a change, or have noticed an increase in renown. People who are happy with their renown drops will not have a vested interest in seeing Turbine tinker with the status quo, so they are less likely to take the time and effort to track renown across specific quests, hop onto the forums between or after quests, and make posts.
    Former L E G I O N - Now Retired Old Piker
    Glork || Glorkie || Amalla || Eryae || Shiomi || Jhaene || Sunmaid || Skydusk

Community Member bradleyforrest's Avatar

I haven't pulled a single token out of any chests since the update. Lvl 15 TRed Wizard.

Post Well...

There I go:

Character: Tarabi
    Server: Thelanis
    Level: 20 ranger/monk/rogue
    Quests: Inspired Quarter 1
    Difficulty: Normal (with a lvl 16 paladin guildie)
    Renown: Nothing from chests, two renown kills, both of 15. Not even renown present in the end rewards. My guildie didn't get any renown except the kill ones either.

Character: Selule
    Level: 7 ranger/fighter
    Quests: Phiarlan Carnival
    Difficulty: Normal (with hireling)
    Renown: Two 50 renown in chest (one in Small problem, one in The snitch), four or five renown in kills in all the quest line, all 5 renown/each. No renown present in any end reward.

Character: Tashii
    Level: 10 rogue
    Quest: Menechtarun, wilderness zone
    Difficulty: --
    Renown: I made the part of the undead and some of the gnolls, two chests in undead zone, one in gnoll zone. Nothing from the chests, 1 kill of 5 renown.

I need to do more testing with the rest of my alts, but I noticed less renown at hand, specially in end rewards and chests.

Si non confectus, non reficiat

Quote Originally Posted by Drfirewater79 View Post
    This is where i would normally say something like

"so many issues with this patch ..... why not roll it back"
    followed by a long rant about how disappointed i have been in turbine in the last year only to be attacked by fanbois and turbine love children.

but i will refrain from a long rant and just say

/shrug

and bash my head against the wall repeatedly .... seems to be the only thing that helps me deal with updates and patches these days ... funny i get less headaches bashing my head against my desk then i do reading the forums.
    See my sig... Why do you even play this game anymore?

Really, it's not healthy to get upset over and over and over and over about a GAME... If Turbine's decisions really bother you this much, you can STOP PLAYING...
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

I have a guild that is made up of 10-14 people, yet leaderboard still shows us with 49 members. I thought it was accounts, not characters that determination of guild size?
    The Great Gnome Conspiracy was here!

Community Member bradleyforrest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lerincho View Post
    I have a guild that is made up of 10-14 people, yet leaderboard still shows us with 49 members. I thought it was accounts, not characters that determination of guild size?
    It is, but the number displayed on the leaderboard is the number of characters, no the number of accounts. I would like to see it as accounts instead, myself.

Hi guys,

If you feel you did not receive appropriate renown (or you liked what you received) please post your character level, server, the quest name, the CR of the quest, the difficulty setting you ran it on and the amount of renown you received.

Thanks!
    OK, here are the runs from yesterday on 3 toons all on Sarlona:

10th lvl Barbarian, (one account, bank / mule / character concept, guild)
    Tharnel east one: CR:?, Difficulty: Normal, Amount of renown: several 5s and 15s, scaled to 10 and 30; zero renown drops for chest or end reward.
    Tharnel east two: CR:?, Difficulty: Hard, Amount of renown: several 5s and 15s, scaled to 10 and 30; zero renown drops for chest or end reward.
    Tharnel Slayer area: zero renown

20th lvl Ranger (7 account guild)
    Sins of Attrition: CR19, Difficulty: Normal, Amount of renown: several 5s and 15s, scaled to 13 and 39; one renown drop for chests, 50 scaled to 130; zero renown for end reward. (there may have been a 50 kill renown for one of the fights but I am unsure)

17th lvl FvS (7 account guild)
    Bastion of Power: CR19, Difficulty: Normal, Amount of renown: several 5s and 15s, scaled to 13 and 39; zero renown for chests or end reward.
    Weapon Shipment: CR19, Difficulty: Normal, Amount of renown: several 5s and one 15, scaled to 13 and 39; zero renown for chest or end reward.

It seems to me that my 7 account guild is getting a higher bonus than my one man guild,
    Base 5 plus Bonus 8 = 13 in the 7 account guild
    Vs
    Base 5 plus Bonus 5 = 10 in the 1 account guild,
    is this as intended? If so that is fine I would just like to know.

Also as a side note, loading screen lag was quite a bit higher after this update, my normal loading times where quite fast 5 to 20 seconds, after the update 20 to 40 seconds now seems to be the norm.
    I just don't think it's right to make fun of DDO's NPCs. Infractions for everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    The overlevel penalty for renown seems to be very heavy. This is very interesting as it means that leveling TR's will net you junk renown.
    Why is that? I usually do quests at level or 1 level below me (sometimes I take the 10% penalty and do one 2 levels below me).

Are you saying the overlevel penalty is very heavy even if you're only 1 level above the quest?
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Seems okay to me...

level 19 fighter TRed... Ran Shroud and Rainbow... Got about 1000 guild favor or so (no small guild bonus)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoldyGopher View Post
    I want to look at the math here. So I'll just call it 10,000 renown (I'll be rounding throughout).
    A 12 member guild has a mulitplier of 2.4 so in essence you earned 4165 Renown (multiplied by the 2.4 modifier).
    Two runs of Deleras so is 2085 renown a run
    With 4 quests that 520 renown a quest
    Divided amongst 4 players so 130 renown a quest per character.

With approximately 15 chests throughout the quest chain, you averaged pulling a 50 point guild renown out of 2 of ever 3 chests. Plus mobs. And if you didn't do all the chests that number gets much much larger.
    Your group is extremely lucky or you pulled one very large Renown token along the chain somewhere. For example a single 500 token you still pulled 50's out of 3 of 5 chests per character; that's still an impressive result.
    We ran part 4 and then parts 1-4 again, so 5 quests total.
    One player did receive a 1K renown reward as his end reward (gave up his voice for that) so we'll subtract that for 3165 total from other sources
    Over 5 quests that's 633 per quest
    Divided by 4 players = ~158 per quest per character

I believe we did hit every chest in the quests but I know my particular character was not very lucky pulling renown.

Actually I think it was kill renown that boosted us the most. There's a ton of skellies to kill in there so we had constant kill bonus messages floating up in our guild log. Even at only 5 points a kill (12 with the bonuses) spread over 4 guild mates it adds up pretty quickly compared to chest rewards. Every room was pretty much the equivalent of a Tales of Renown for the guild.

It was a very lucky night though and made us feel good as a small guild that has been busting our butts to try and get some renown. We typically only have 5-6 people playing on any given day so we've been really cranking through quests to try and get some renown rewards.
    Exploring Eberron with: Daximo | Daxrok | Horok | Jakwagon | Jawbreakr | Kilmani | Klaank | Knothedd | Lewtzalot | Ludacrits | Quigonn | Zalmon and other experiments
    Officer of Riftwardens on Gland

Quote Originally Posted by Lerincho View Post
    My guild has less that 20 members (accounts) but shows on the leader board with 99 Members.

However, I confirmed what the Dev said yesterday late afternoon/early evening:

Reknown rewards are based on Accounts.

Did some slayers in Atraxia's last night, and got a message something like this:

You receive 25 reknown (with 26 extra for small guild bonus).

I really liked the +1 over double-up .

Did not do that much questing/slayers as was getting late, but looking forward to seeing many more of those - and in higher ammounts!

Barumar

Community Member

Tarrant, I have been thinking about this this morning, is it possible True Reincarnates in the quests are causing the problems?

My reincarante hasn't seen squat for renown, but the players on "first" builds seem to be working as intended, at least from those I have talked to.
    Nope been pulling Renown on my Tr (started monday) still pulling today almost level 5...although my hours have been limited. Seems kill renown may be up a little but i am getting chests just not every chest has it..maybe 25~50%....i havent been logging any of this as it didnt seem broken....probably still wont as it dosent seem to be stopping our progress even at lvl 31.

Community Member GlorkTheInvader's Avatar

In three solo runs of Tear on Hard (CR8) on a Level 9 Paladin (Thelanis):

Run 1 -
    156 mobs killed, renown drops were 5, 15, 5, 15, 5, 5, 15, 5
    7 chests opened, renown drops were: 500, 50
    No renown at end reward

Run 2 -
    162 mobs killed, renown drops were 5, 5, 5, 5, 5
    8 chests opened, renown drops were: 50, 50
    No renown at end reward

Run 3 -
    164 mobs killed (I think, forgot to look at final number), renown drops were: 5, 5, 5, 5
    8 chests opened, renown drops were: 50, 50
    No renown at end reward

Above numbers are base value. Renown was scaled to double value for guild size, so I earned 1730 total. Drop rates for chests seem roughly on par with past experience.
    Last edited by GlorkTheInvader; 07-22-2010 at 12:38 PM.
    Former L E G I O N - Now Retired Old Piker
    Glork || Glorkie || Amalla || Eryae || Shiomi || Jhaene || Sunmaid || Skydusk

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Why is that? I usually do quests at level or 1 level below me (sometimes I take the 10% penalty and do one 2 levels below me).

Are you saying the overlevel penalty is very heavy even if you're only 1 level above the quest?
    Yes, I am saying that. I was running on TR's only last night however and am hearing some interesting reports from those playing on first time toons that seem to differ.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Barumar View Post
    My guild has less that 20 members (accounts) but shows on the leader board with 99 Members.

However, I confirmed what the Dev said yesterday late afternoon/early evening:

Reknown rewards are based on Accounts.

Did some slayers in Atraxia's last night, and got a message something like this:

You receive 25 reknown (with 26 extra for small guild bonus).

I really liked the +1 over double-up .

Did not do that much questing/slayers as was getting late, but looking forward to seeing many more of those - and in higher ammounts!

Barumar

that's great information; however, I want the number on the leaderboard to be correct as well. yes we saw the small guild bonus; however, that does not help in the fact that when people see 49 members, they think of it as a guild they can be recruited into; this is a family only guild and would like the leaderboard to be correct.
    The Great Gnome Conspiracy was here!

Shard – Khyber
    Character – Level 9 Soloing with Cleric Hireling (Kendra) - playing slightly more than 2 hours. (Bought two Kendra Contracts)

Quests Completed
    Korthos Quests – 5 (E) – No Renown
    Havedasher (E) – 50 Renown
    Bringing the light (N/H/E) – 10 Renown
    Baudry Series (H/E) – No Renown
    Irestone Inlet (H) – No Renown
    Delera’s Chain – all four parts (N) – 50 Renown
    Taming the Flame (N) – No Renown
    Ruined Halls (H) – No Renown
    The Chamber of Insanity (N) – No Renown
    Gwylan’s Stand (H) – No Renown (Did not complete as Kendra decided to Zerg off and get herself killed 4 or 5 times)
    Archer’s Point Defense (H) – No Renown

Please note I did all the optionals saw every chest and for my time yesterday earned approximately 110 Renown. As a Guild we had 15 Players (Out of 27 accounts) logged nearly 100 hours of play time yesterday earning between 6 and 7 thousand renown. That includes at least 18 characters running something on Epic.
    If you look at some of these quests, take Chamber of Insanity for example which is CR 5 on Normal, your level 9 character is over 4 levels higher. Not much glory in that. Your chances of pulling renown in a chest is not zero, but it's not very high. While you might have scored much better prior to the patch in this situation, it was never intended to work that way.

Now if we had come up with a system that rewarded volume of quests done in 2 hours, I think you'd be more than eligible.

Community Member

Default Renown Report

Hi guys,

Thanks!
    Ok, here's the numbers as best I can remember them. On all quests I went for all optionals, all chests, and all kills.

New level 3 mage I'm working on leveling up on Khyber. All run with a hireling fighter (Steele). Created from scratch on Sunday.
    "Bringing the Light" CR2 Casual then Normal; no renown
    "Information is Key" CR2 Casual then Normal; no renown
    "The Storehouse's Secret" CR1 Elite; no renown
    "The Cannith Crystal" CR1 Hard; no renown
    "Durk's Got a Secret" CR2 Casual; 3x 5-point kill drops (each with +5 small guild bonus) total: 30 renown

Level 4 Cleric on Khyber, run solo (unless you count a summoned Celestial Dog). Created at Level 4 Saturday.
    "Durk's Got a Secret" CR2 Hard; no renown
    "Bringing the Light" CR2 Normal; no renown
    "Information is Key" CR2 Normal; no renown
    "The Cannith Crystal" CR1 Hard; no renown
    "The Storehouse's Secret" CR1 Elite (I think, possibly Hard); no renown
    "The Kobolds' New Ringleader" CR2 Normal; 1x 50-point token & 2x 5-point kill drops, all doubled (Total 120). No end reward.
    "The Kobold's New Ringleader" CR2 Hard; 2x 50-point tokens & 3x 5-point kill drops, all doubled (Total 230). No end reward.
    "The Smuggler's Warehouse" CR2 Normal; no renown

I also ran a level 14 through some of these on Elite to test with no renown, but that is probably due to the "way overlevel" factor. (I don't like it and completely disagree with it, but I'll grudgingly accept it as the way things are.)

The second time through ringleader is the only quest which gave renown around what I'd been getting in the harbour quests before the patch, except I'd been getting that much *without* the small guild bonus.

The kill drops actually seemed to have been decreased in number to me. I didn't keep track, but it used to look like about a 5-point drop every 8 or 10 kills. Based on the sheer number of kobolds in Ringleader, this one was more like 1 for 15 kills or so - about half the rate.

The thing that's most puzzling to me, is both of these characters have been in Korthos a lot over the weekend and I was seeing at least a 50-point token in the end reward list easily 2 out of 3 times, but now nothing. Is it really considering "way over level" to be quest +2 or 3? (Actually, all 3 characters, but again, I'll discount the L14 from consideration)

I suppose I could be the recipient of an exceptionally bad run of dice rolls. I will be doing more and post with more results.

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast