Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Also it seems in one day I hit my Guild renown limit with the 3.0 multiplier, and was getting no renown end chest rewards. Until it reset last my local time. I'll have to calculate what that limit is, it seems to be total renown including the multiplier and not just the base renown.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    NUDS and Coldin, what server did you see the *3 small guild reward bonus on?
    I reported this too. The tweaking you did on Friday changed something
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumbaar View Post
    But I also noticed the small guild bonus got a major boost! WAI?

Yesterday 1000 totalled 2900 renown
    Today 1000 totalled 3850 renown

The number of accounts in the guild did not change from Yesterday to today.
    On Kyhber yesterday [my local time] was getting [renown + (renown * 3.0)] for any of my renown rewards. 6 Accounts are in my guild.
    Leader - Ωmega Syndicate [L41] guild of Khyber|Orien - www.os.rumbaar.net
    Khyber - Eldraine - Monk | Eldaline - Favored Soul | Eldnuker - Sorcerer
    █████ - Eldalorne - Wizard | Elarawr - Fighter | Eldrainge - Ranger/Rogue

Community Member

Was there a change to this? I was testing this for the past hour and my 6 account guild is getting *2 versus *3.

Quote Originally Posted by dcp101 View Post
    Was there a change to this? I was testing this for the past hour and my 6 account guild is getting *2 versus *3.
    Early on Friday when MadFloyd was 'tweaking' the renown small guild bonuses and drops the formula was [from what I can tell] Based on 6 accounts in a guild

renown * small guild bonus = total

Then on the same day after a final tweak it went too:

renown + (renown * small guild bonus) = total.

After the hotfix and misc tweaks today it appears to have gone back to

6 Account Small Build bonus was 3.0, for 5 renown

5 * 3.0 = 15 [5 + 10 small guild bonus!]

5 + (5 * 3.0) = 20 [5 + 15 small guild bonus!]

or the Small guild bonus was change each time

5 + (5 * 2.0) = 15 [5 + 10 small guild bonus!]

So from the changes on Friday and today the formula has changed or the bonus has changed.

MadFloyd want to take a look at that or confirm it as WAI?
    Last edited by Rumbaar; 07-26-2010 at 07:03 PM.

If all goes well we should have end rewards working today, and while they won't always appear, they should be more meaningful when they do.

You should also notice another boost to chest renown.
    I haven't caught up on this whole thread yet but please tell me your going to eliminate guild renown spam. If I pick up a guild renown trophy, I don't need a personal guild chat message that tells me I just picked up a guild renown trophy. Nor do we need floaty text messages over the heads of every other dead mob stating we just aquired 5 guild renown. It's way spammy. Thanks MF. You are a genuine resource to this game and community.
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    Permadeath Guild
    Stay Hard

Quote Originally Posted by parvo View Post
    I haven't caught up on this whole thread yet but please tell me your going to eliminate guild renown spam. If I pick up a guild renown trophy, I don't need a personal guild chat message that tells me I just picked up a guild renown trophy. Nor do we need floaty text messages over the heads of every other dead mob stating we just aquired 5 guild renown. It's way spammy. Thanks MF. You are a genuine resource to this game and community.
    Maybe a toggle somewhere. I actually enjoy those messages.

The reason is, of course, subjective but the thinking was that we wanted to encourage at least a bit of growth.
    This is rather counter intuitive to be honest, I don't think people should be penalised for having a small guild and get more for having more members when I was under the impression that the idea is the Small guild bonus was for smaller guilds the smaller the guild the bigger the bonus, at the very least a 1-2 account guild should get the same bonus as a 6 account guild that way it won't discourage growth.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

My baby cleric is in like a level 8 guild which has maybe 20 accounts in it. These accounts all have most of their characters mainly in other guilds but a token character in this guild. So on, I think it was Friday, I was playing my baby cleric in GH and pull a - legendary token- and get this bizzarre small guild renown bonus so that it was like 1000 +383. Just nuts. Wish I had kept the exact figures as you would have been able to do the math for it more precisely.

And yes since patch I don't think I've noticed rewnown as an end of quest reward - only from chests and killing mobs and being in the quest when mobs are killed.
    ~ Crimson Eagles of Khyber ~
    ~ Melianny ~ Melizzic ~ Melton ~ Meliambit ~ Mellant ~ Melimenace ~ Melangst ~

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rumbaar View Post
    Early on Friday when MadFloyd was 'tweaking' the renown small guild bonuses and drops the formula was [from what I can tell] Based on 6 accounts in a guild

Then on the same day after a final tweak it went too:

renown + (renown * small guild bonus) = total.

After the hotfix and misc tweaks today it appears to have gone back to

6 Account Small Build bonus was 3.0, for 5 renown

5 * 3.0 = 15 [5 + 10 small guild bonus!]

or the Small guild bonus was change each time

5 + (5 * 2.0) = 15 [5 + 10 small guild bonus!]

So from the changes on Friday and today the formula has changed or the bonus has changed.

MadFloyd want to take a look at that or confirm it as WAI?
    Ah okay. Yeah thats what I am seeing. 5 + (5 *2) = 15 versus 20 last week.
    Last edited by dcp101; 07-26-2010 at 09:34 PM.

Community Member OverlordOfRats's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    This is rather counter intuitive to be honest, I don't think people should be penalised for having a small guild and get more for having more members when I was under the impression that the idea is the Small guild bonus was for smaller guilds the smaller the guild the bigger the bonus, at the very least a 1-2 account guild should get the same bonus as a 6 account guild that way it won't discourage growth.
    I would also like to ask about this. It was suggested that if we like to solo (YES I know it's an MMO) we should start a guild of one. I would rather not set up 5 alternate accounts that will never be used. As far as growth goes. Still encourages growth because you can have more people on at once. Maybe 1 to 6 accounts all the same then a drop from there?

My guild of one on Ghallanda tonight
    50 token + 50 bonus = 100 total

Thank you MadFloyd for all your hard work and keeping us informed. Very much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Given that DDO is designed, like DnD, as a party based experience (there is solo and they've made it much solo friendly with casual and scaling), making the maximum bonus at the full party size of 6 makes complete sense to me. If they were going to change anything, I'd say have it stable between 6 (full party) to 12 (full raid party). Climbing below 6 and dropping after 12. In this case, 24 should be the point of no more bonus (if you can staff 2 full raids when everyone plays, then you aren't a small guild).

Ideally, inactive accounts (having logged into the game in, for example, one month) wouldn't count against this--or if the more flexible guild position/titles feature gets put back, set an inactive flag for each guild that could be triggered. Set it to a timer (of a week?) so that if someone went inactive (or was set to inactive by an officer), they could play but their Renown wouldn't count (but neither would they count for rate of decay). This is probably way too complex to code and I'm undoubtedly missing something, but it's something I thought I'd toss out.

Community Member

Just an update on my adventures today. My 2-account guild on Thelanis used to get 280% renown over the weekend (500 trophy was 500 + 900 = 1400). Now, my guild gets 220% (500 trophy is 500 + 600 = 1100). This would not be as big of a deal if the drop rate was increased, but it appears that the drop rate has decreased as well. Over the weekend almost every chest dropped a renown item for at least one of the two of us, but today we have only seen a few tokens total. We were running quests equal to or above our level (max difference was a quest 2 levels higher than we were).

We did notice that there were increased end-loot renown rewards, so that appears to be working at least! I wish I had known that 6 accounts was the sweet spot, I kicked out several inactive accounts from my guild to get us down to 2 since it made sense that the smaller the guild the larger the bonus. I'll have to see if I can convince those who I kicked out to log in so I can invite them again

@numersa

It appears MadFloyd mad a mistake on Friday [unconfirmed].

So for 2 accounts it's 2.2 and error formula should have been 500 + (500 X 2.2) = 1600, which now should give you 500 X 2.2 = 1100. Which is shown in your new figures.

Also as for the 6 account sweet spot, just create 4 more FREE accounts and invite them to your guild. I know it's a pain, but it's a workable solution.

That's always possible and why we appreciate the feedback.

When you run quests at level, you have a 20% chance of finding renown in chests. For every level you're above the quest level, that chance is reduced by 4%. So if you're 3 levels over, you're looking at an 8% chance to find renown.
    So if you are on a level 20 you are pretty much hosed and need to find something lower to run with or just do epic? Lame
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    *pokes the patch with a stick* get out there you,
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    We were pretty up front that the twf update was going to be a nerf regardless of lag or not.
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'?

Community Member

That's always possible and why we appreciate the feedback.

When you run quests at level, you have a 20% chance of finding renown in chests. For every level you're above the quest level, that chance is reduced by 4%. So if you're 3 levels over, you're looking at an 8% chance to find renown.
    While I understand that this was done to prevent higher level players from easily farming low level quests over and over it kind of handicaps the capped toons here. Those of us who have no interest in doing epic quests or don't have the folks to do so, are they SOL? Also we don't take XP penalty until we're 2 levels over the quest level. Is there any reason renown should be treated differently?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Helmet View Post
    Boy, you are on a roll today. After incorrectly correcting someone , you then stated:

And the following is in your signature!

I think you picked a bad week to quit drinking.

Both pictures had "your" in them, and I did not realize the person being fixed had posted two pictures until it was kindly pointed out to me.

And the quote was cut and pasted from another source. Just because I hate them does not mean they do not slip into my conversations. Too many years of using them, and it was not until recently that I started disliking them, especially the overuse or incorrect use.

But, you are correct. Time to slip something in my coffee this morning and see if it helps.

On a thread related note. Guild reknown dropped for my guild on Argonnessen - But we also lost 2 members, so I just assumed that was it. It is not that big of a deal to us - we figure we will get there when we get there.
    Last edited by Kelavam; 07-27-2010 at 08:01 AM. Reason: State something on topic
    How can you not love Bacon? Even PIGS love bacon.

Given that capped characters only have THREE places to get full renown chances other than epics... which are still not fun and are utter time sucking grind fests with poor loot...

Inspired Quarter quests on Elite are level 20.
    Dreaming Dark and Amrath quests on Hard are level 20.

Everywhere else capped characters will not have the full 20% chances at renown. Given that Inspired Quarter and Dreaming Dark are already grindfests to acquire pieces needed for opening the chest in IQ finale or upgrading one of the special items at the altar in the DD finale... And that arcane casters have it really hard in Amrath content unless they are melee gish...

Could we *please* get the renown cut-off thrown back at least one more level if not two? Back one level would at least let us run Reaver's Refuge content potentially at full renown chance on elite, back two levels would potentially let us get full renown in Vale of Twilight on elite. Doing so would tremendously improve our options.

The suggestion made above, to have the guild renown award get the same margin of difference that EXP gets before suffering any reduction in frequency makes a lot of sense.

Per Mad, at level = 20% chance of dropping, with a 4% reduction for each level over. Seems a bit harsh. Putting the 2 level buffer makes it a lot more forgiving, especially to players with only a single character who might be grouping with others of not exactly the same level.

So level 8 quest. If you are levels 1 thru 8, full award. levels 9 or 10, reduction of 0%. A level 11 would take a 4% reduction, level 12 an 8% etc. So that a level 15 would complete reduce the award frequency to 0.

Getting the renown frequency dropped from 20% to 8% is a huge reduction and anyone really worried about renown would not waste time chasing it with those penalties.
    Sarlona - The Ko Brotherhood :Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8+4E; Hennako-Human Cleric22; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15; lots more

I would suggest multiplying the guild reknown rate directly by the level xp multiplier, both for end reward and chests in quess and explorer areas.

level -1 or higher: *1 (=20/50%)
    Level -2: *0.9 (=18/45%)
    Level -3: *0.75 (=15/37.5%)
    Level -4: *0.5 (=10/25%)
    Level -5: *0.25 (=5/12.5%)
    Level -6: *0.01 (=0.2/0.5%)
    Level -7 or lower: *0 (=0/0%)

I've noticed a massive reduction in rare chest rewards. As a L11/12 running Orchard rares was getting a few 500 and 1000, now not one. I am L13 now, but far below the normal L14 rating of the area.

Community Member

Default Chest Decline after patch?

It could just be bad luck, but.... Ran two at level quests (Level 7, Final Tangleroot Quests). 6 Chests, not one renown reward.

Then ran a -3 level quest. 5 chests, no renown. Was seeing much more frequent drops Sunday.

Edit: should have noted this toon is on Argo. Any chance the renown got turned off when coins were turned off?
    Last edited by Frolia; 07-28-2010 at 07:01 AM.

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast