Community Member

Default Game won't start up?

Hey everyone. I'm hoping this is the right place to put this. I've had a look for others with the same problem, but they all seem to have different answers and nothing that really helps me.

I've been playing DDO for probably 2 months now, I've had a few glitches and whatnot before, but well.. I was running a Tempest Spine raid, we'd filled up and were heading in. I'd had no lag problems so far that day. (about 3-4 days ago now) It was running fine, chat was working properly, but every time I got near a monster, I started lagging, once the party killed them my lag disappeared again. This happened numerous times.
    So I decided to reboot, waited a few minutes then attempted to reconnect. The booter came up, and loaded a few things up, then stopped on 'opening main form' and sat there. I couldn't get in no matter how many times I rebooted, I thought perhaps my net capped, but it isn't. So I decided it must be DDO running an update. Waited a few days, same thing.

So today, I reinstalled it.. and exactly the same thing is happening. Although, sometimes it gets past that page and sits on "Downloading DDO Splash Screen" but never any further.

I was hoping someone else has successfully fixed this issue and would perhaps have a few ideas for me, I was getting into the game and now am quite bored, lol.

So yeah, any help or tips would be much appreciated.

EDIT: I am also a premium member, have bought a few map packs and all the account options such as classes / races. Not sure if that's relevant.

-Jake
    Last edited by MerchantPrince; 07-19-2010 at 12:18 AM.

Community Member

It was dinner time, and I was attempting to get DDO to open at the time, I left it on the startup screen as I went downstairs.

When I came back up, it'd skipped the 'opening main form' and had gone to the page where is says 'Connecting' 'Checking Programs' and stuff like that, it was downloading an update. I was excited, thought that perhaps it had fixed itself by my letting it run.

I watched it update, when it finished it told me that it was done and required the engine to reboot, that was fine with me and I let it count down from 20. It shut down, opened the window again. And now, it's STILL stuck on 'opening main form' I couldn't believe it.

I've payed good money to play this game.. and I can't play it..

"
    One thing I'd try is make sure your using the icon in "Games" as a test (details here) and if it still happens with that one open up the folder you installed the game into (D:\Program Files\Turbine\DDO Unlimited according to the log you posted)

In there find "TurbineInvoker.exe" (it might show up as just "TurbineInvoker" it'll be the one listed as an "application" though and will have the red "shield" icon) right-click that and choose "Send to" > "Desktop (Create Shortcut)" and try running it from that one on the desktop.
    "

I found the above paragraph on a different error page, related to my problems at the moment. I recall now that before I went down for dinner, I had opened the game from TurbineInvoker, as he mentions above. And that's what started the update, now I open it with that or my normal DDO icon, or any of the ones in my DDO directory, and nothing happens. At all.
    So I figure I'm back to square one.

I hope someone can help me out..