Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Member

Default Game won't start up?

Hey everyone. I'm hoping this is the right place to put this. I've had a look for others with the same problem, but they all seem to have different answers and nothing that really helps me.

I've been playing DDO for probably 2 months now, I've had a few glitches and whatnot before, but well.. I was running a Tempest Spine raid, we'd filled up and were heading in. I'd had no lag problems so far that day. (about 3-4 days ago now) It was running fine, chat was working properly, but every time I got near a monster, I started lagging, once the party killed them my lag disappeared again. This happened numerous times.
    So I decided to reboot, waited a few minutes then attempted to reconnect. The booter came up, and loaded a few things up, then stopped on 'opening main form' and sat there. I couldn't get in no matter how many times I rebooted, I thought perhaps my net capped, but it isn't. So I decided it must be DDO running an update. Waited a few days, same thing.

So today, I reinstalled it.. and exactly the same thing is happening. Although, sometimes it gets past that page and sits on "Downloading DDO Splash Screen" but never any further.

I was hoping someone else has successfully fixed this issue and would perhaps have a few ideas for me, I was getting into the game and now am quite bored, lol.

So yeah, any help or tips would be much appreciated.

EDIT: I am also a premium member, have bought a few map packs and all the account options such as classes / races. Not sure if that's relevant.

-Jake
    Last edited by MerchantPrince; 07-19-2010 at 12:18 AM.