Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Default Gornn

Quote Originally Posted by Gornn View Post
    +1

Tellin' it like it is! heheeh
    Go back to the vault where I can bust your balls w/o getting put on forum vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by Disavowed View Post
    Go back to the OTHER PLACE WHERE WE POST ABOUT DDO where I can bust your balls w/o getting put on forum vacation.
    You should edit your post. Don't want you to get in trouble.

Having said that, the only reason you should ever go on vacation is for the lame insults you insist on making.

Which are followed by me throwing you a typewritten beatdown.
    Gornn 3:16 says: Gornn just hugged yo' @$$!
    Ask Gornn! http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=156209
    Ask Gornn! archives http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Categ..._Gornn_Archive
    "It's only elitist if you're not actually better than everyone else."

Community Member

Default LOL Gornn

Quote Originally Posted by Gornn View Post
    You should edit your post. Don't want you to get in trouble.

Having said that, the only reason you should ever go on vacation is for the lame insults you insist on making.

Which are followed by me throwing you a typewritten beatdown.
    I will say you've had a few whitty retorts in the past, but as of late you're losing your touch.

I will say you've had a few whitty retorts in the past, but as of late you're losing your touch.
    This makes me want to sing Kumbaya and hug a woman who hasn't shaved her armpits.

You paid me a complement.

I feel so close to you right now.

Except then I remembered you play Elf (on purpose) and those feelings went away.

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    Yup, I avoid groups that think DPS only comes from barbs and fighters.
    Well, you see, DPS is something that you only do “Very, very slowly” and by slow… I mean “f****** slow”. And since most of the other classes can’t do it slowly… well, that means they’re not DPS.

Just sayin’
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • Epic and Legendary Mysterious ring upgrades, please.
    • Change the stack size of filigree in the shared bank to 50. The 5 stack makes the shared bank worthless for storing filigree in a human usable manner.
    • Fixing why I don't connect to the chat server for 5 minutes when I log into a game world.
    • Fixing the wonky Lightning Sphere and Tactical Det firing by converting them to use alchemist spell arcing.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    Well, you see, DPS is something that you only do “Very, very slowly” and by slow… I mean “f****** slow”. And since most of the other classes can’t do it slowly… well, that means they’re not DPS.

Just sayin’
    ohohoyes

Community Member

Default new players

It's clear that the Fighter and Barb you mentioned as well as the LFM poster are probably newer players playing their first, untwinked characters. If there was a simple, quick way to see a player's gear, HP, SP, and fortification, it would go a long way to helping veterans know when to educate newer players. The recent time-remaining addition to the buff list in the inspect window is a step in the right direction. Now, if we can add some of the above information and make it scrollable, that would make it easier to spot these people and help them than the current cumbersome and unreliable MyDDO option.

From your comments, it doesn't sound like the new players you mentioned were being cocky or dying a lot. They're still enjoying the game. Let it unfold for them. I've sent a quick tell to the LFM poster in cases like yours to suggest adjusting the class list or level range when appropriate with explanation and it's usually not been a problem.

You can't assume that they're dumb players though just by looking at kill counts. If they are newer, they may still be learning the quests. Based on the clever D&D roots of the game, they may still be under the misapprehension that Turbine designers have allowed intelligent crowd control such as stunning blow, trip, intimidate and teamwork with rogues and casters to be as viable an option for success as simply having a large pool of hit points to allow for efficient healing in a laggy and chaotic environment.

They will learn as they get up higher in levels and they'll eventually get better gear if they get the right constructive feedback. I healed a gianthold group last night where the fighter, barbarians and rogue made ignorant comments about how the bard, who'd done an excellent job setting up crowd control with fascinate and dancing, buffing on the run and spot healing throughout the quests before he logged off, had a lower kill count than me, the cleric.
    "What? Where?" *clunk, thud* :-)

So please explain to me if those two classes (barb & ftr) are so bad ass melees. Why do I keep seeing so many low dps/hp barbs & fighters out there? Some of these lfm's aren't newbies either. Some of these people have been playing a while and should know better.

On a side note there were only 2 of us in the party that had ran the quest regularly before (a couple had never ran it at all). We got done in a reasonable amount of time for an almost all newbie pug/raid and most people kept up with the group. I think we only had to go pick up strays twice and the only deaths were at fire side when a couple people fell into the lava. So it was nice to be in a good pug with that many newbs that listened.

Now if we can just fix this bogus belief that if a dudes symbol says fighter he's a tank or automatically is a better tank than a pally, rogue, rgr, etc. It's the player people not the symbol.
    i think u re confusing class with the player, generally a melée is a melée . The LFM s don't really get this either. My last tmpest spine run is quite a story tho.

So the group fills, and we absolutely tear the quest up, all the way to the end fight. One guy solves the puzzle, n tosses in two of the items in the urns. Now everyone starts fussing about the last item. We end up kiting the giant around for a longer amount of time than it took to clear the quest to him. Until mr boob for brains realizes what he picked up, we get him to turn it in, and blam! Everyone is blown off. Most of the group dies in the fall. Both healers drop group, And I proceed to start collecting stones around the base of the mountain. We finish up just fine. The funniest part was the kill count. I had over 150, with the next highest player with 8.
    Shadowsteel [TR train wreck]

Quote Originally Posted by Phidius View Post
    How do you feel about wizards, sorcs, bards, and clerics taking and holding aggro from the raid boss?
    I feel sad when caster/support classes deal more damage than equally geared inherent DPSers. Outkilling bunch of newbs is not a big deal on any class.
    Osmand d'Medani, Stonebearer Eric, Wardreamer

Quote Originally Posted by Mithran View Post
    With my having rolled almost exclusively Elves/Drow (with a pointed emphasis on Drow), I've walked the tightrope on stat point distribution many, many times. Having said this, ANY build that uses Constitution as a dump stat won't make it to endgame.
    Challenge accepted.

ihavesixcon I dont reccomend it

is now made
    Last edited by Sogrin; 07-20-2010 at 10:22 AM. Reason: char name
    Shortling (20 rogue) wither others leveling. "One Dwarf Army"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthesponge View Post
    well a clown getting violated by a rabid duck may be sillier, but not by much.

11. 07-20-2010, 02:45 AM

There are a ton of ranged rangers out there now. I can't stand playing a ranged ranger but I can see where others might. I don't even have a problem with them in my group if they know how to manage agro. If they don't blast away at the mobs before any melees get there I'm fine with that.
    I started an arcane archer a few weeks ago, and at level 10, I've solo'd gwlans stand on elite (9 ranger/1 rogue). My rule of thumb has been: If I can kill them before they reach me, I'll shoot them before the melee enters combat and make all the mobs there run to me. If I underestimated the hp on the mobs, I'll throw up two weapons and and melee, hop around in a circle pew pewing with my bow hoping I don't die, or throw up a tower shield and shield block till the melee has taken care of it. 9 times out of 10 the group dies before they reach me.

If I don't think I can take out the group before they reach me, I'll let melee enter combat, then I'll start shooting. I haven't had any complaints about it yet except from a crazy wizard who saw me shooting at a distant group of trolls and did a kamikaze into them, and died. That's an entirely different story.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12