Thread: lfm's

Angry lfm's

Really, people, read the freaking LFM before you hit join.

/rant off
    The Office of the Exchequer. 1750 on all live servers via Pure pugging. Thank you very much to all who helped carry a gimp . (wayfinder was a soloist build)

Community Member CrushingInklings's Avatar

I fully support this message.

/sarcasm on

But dart-throwing is so much more fun!

/sarcasm off

Agreed. Also, people putting up LFMs need to make sure they put up the correct quest/a quest that's actually part of the content that contains the area they are farming (ie Fleshmaker's for Orchard). And if not actually doing said quest, clearly state this fact in the first part of the message. Also, if no quest is selected, let people know if the content is F2P or not (not as required for Vale onwards).

Community Member

I put up an lfm for seal farming the 3 ADQ chests and say as much in the comments.

I set the level range 20-20.

No bites for about 3 minutes while I'm running out, so I get started.

A pally joins, then needs to drop for something that came up. No biggie. I finish up the first run and am waiting for the quest to reset.

Second guy joins, a cleric, so I wait a minute, but notice he's not near the desert yet so I head in and get started. I get to the scorpion chest, and failed to make that jump about 5 times since I'm used to playing fvs and winging over that mess. I die, res out, heal up and head back to the quest.

This is about the point I notice cleric guy isn't anywhere near the quest, doesn't have any sp, and has been looting chests out in the desert the whole time. The conversation goes as this:

Me: so are you coming seal farming or what?
    Cleric: was farmign rares for named items
    Me: thats not what this group is for
    Cleric: tha is what i was doing
    Cleric: doint this to get flag again
    Me: what?
    Me: didnt you read the comments before joining?
    Me: seal farming/hunting
    Cleric: no, now i did cya
    (Party): You leave your party.

By the end of that conversation I was too fed up to deal with it so I recalled and dropped. I should point out that he joined, didn't say anything for the 7-10 minutes it took me to wait for the first instance to reset, go in again, die, heal up and run back out, and assumed that a group ranged 20-20 was a reflagging group. On epic. What an epic failure.

/rant off

Poor Kv, ill bring my club when I have time

I'm suing for false advertising - this was no rant!
    There is an "Alternate" Forum, PM Strakeln for details.
    Arkats Padawan of Zen Noobility
    Wielder of the Stiffler Salute
    Eberron Lore - Lore-Keepers Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by Ashurr View Post
    I'm suing for false advertising - this was no rant!
    in an attempt to avoid litigation . . .

So Friday, A pug is running Tor scale runs. The Lfm says "'Gianthold Tor'" p2p BE FLAGGED"
    We have 5 illiterate idiots join in a row. The first one joins with share please. The second moron
    joins and says hey, what are we doing? Both of these less than stellar intellectuals had the
    flagging procedure and requirements explained nicely to them and they left after apologizing.
    The third person joined and asked if we were running vale and then said that they didn't have
    the GH pack. The fourth person didn't know how to get to gianthold and wanted someone
    to come to the market to show them the entrance. The fifth wasn't flagged and didn't have
    the relics but wanted to know if we could help them get flagged and get the relics.
    then after it was laboriously explained to #5, one of the original four party members said that
    they were flagged but didn't have the relics.

Saturday (after the original post), Same thing happens but only with two joiners.

/rant on

I will no longer be MR. Nice Guy. If you join a pug that I am in (as leader or not) and you are
    not flagged/prepared for the quest and it is obvious that you didn't read. I will show no mercy.
    you will, be verbally flogged for your lack of intelligence, be accused of being illiterate, and have your
    parents fidelity questioned. If you happen to die far away from a shrine by happenstance or if your soulstone
    should chance to be accidentally dropped or any number of other things that could potentially happen to you,
    I wouldn't be surprised in the least and I'd likely be amused.
    If I'm leader and you show you didn't read the lfm: your booted, no question, no discussion. send a tell to me afterward
    and i'll squelch you.

/rant off.
    ok, so i'm not a good ranter but anyway I'm tired of the idiocy of people who click join without
    looking at what they're clicking.
    Last edited by herzkos; 07-18-2010 at 07:14 AM.
    The Office of the Exchequer. 1750 on all live servers via Pure pugging. Thank you very much to all who helped carry a gimp . (wayfinder was a soloist build)

Much better, +1 lol
    There is an "Alternate" Forum, PM Strakeln for details.
    Arkats Padawan of Zen Noobility
    Wielder of the Stiffler Salute
    Eberron Lore - Lore-Keepers Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by herzkos View Post
    in an attempt to avoid litigation . . .

So Friday, A pug is running Tor scale runs. The Lfm says "'Gianthold Tor'" p2p BE FLAGGED"
    We have 5 illiterate idiots join in a row. The first one joins with share please. The second moron
    joins and says hey, what are we doing? Both of these less than stellar intellectuals had the
    flagging procedure and requirements explained nicely to them and they left after apologizing.
    The third person joined and asked if we were running vale and then said that they didn't have
    the GH pack. The fourth person didn't know how to get to gianthold and wanted someone
    to come to the market to show them the entrance. The fifth wasn't flagged and didn't have
    the relics but wanted to know if we could help them get flagged and get the relics.
    then after it was laboriously explained to #5, one of the original four party members said that
    they were flagged but didn't have the relics.

Saturday (after the original post), Same thing happens but only with two joiners.

/rant on

I will no longer be MR. Nice Guy. If you join a pug that I am in (as leader or not) and you are
    not flagged/prepared for the quest and it is obvious that you didn't read. I will show no mercy.
    you will, be verbally flogged for your lack of intelligence, be accused of being illiterate, and have your
    parents fidelity questioned. If you happen to die far away from a shrine by happenstance or if your soulstone
    should chance to be accidentally dropped or any number of other things that could potentially happen to you,
    I wouldn't be surprised in the least and I'd likely be amused.
    If I'm leader and you show you didn't read the lfm: your booted, no question, no discussion. send a tell to me afterward
    and i'll squelch you.

/rant off.
    ok, so i'm not a good ranter but anyway I'm tired of the idiocy of people who click join without
    looking at what they're clicking.
    Hi Welcome to Orien

Home of the Illiterate Masses and Play Darts with the lfm

One way to check if a player is competent is to send them a few tells like are you flagged before you accept, then after a response or over a minute of not responding you can decline or accept if they reply appropriately-less time loss explaining what you want to do.