Community Member

Default Can't finish The Black Loch

As the title suggests, I'm unable to finish The Black Loch quest. I know how to finish the quest, and I'm at the very end, having cleared out all the enemies and the end boss. But it's still telling me to use the green key on the door, which obviously is already unlocked and open. With the door already open, is this impossible to finish now?

Community Member

Had the exact same problem. Didn't notice that we hadn't completed the quest until we recalled out and found that quest giver wasn't giving us a reward. Went back in and found that the quest requirement of opening the green door was still there. We eventually just gave up after some members of our party died going back through the blade trap.

I've only seen it happen that one time though, and I've run the quest maybe a dozen times.

Community Member

Ah okay. It must be an random unlikely bug then. Luckily the quest is pretty simple to just redo.

Yeah it's a random bug, if you can wait and put a ticket in a GM should help for that. Or just rerun the whole thing.
    Please split the class forums into REAL subcategories this is a jumbled mess.

Community Member

Default 12 year old bug!

So this bug is still active.

Thats impressive!

12 years without a fix.
    ~~DukeP~~

Quote Originally Posted by DukePe View Post
    So this bug is still active.

Thats impressive!

12 years without a fix.
    ~~DukeP~~
    which ibjective did not complete? What were you doing or how did it happen? The more info you give the more likely to fix.

12 years without a fix.
    Hard to fix something when the "break" isn't being defined.

I'm guessing some NPC got killed too fast by an OP party, that's typically how these things happen.

This has been bugged for over a decade and has been bug reported countless times but it’s just one of those things that will never be fixed. You can open each of the key doors from farther away than the trigger that gives you the objective to open the door. You have to make sure you get point blank to each key door before opening it, or else you’ll end up opening it before you get the objective to open it, thus breaking the quest
    Orien: ][Vladtepes][Gelatinous][Lelitha]

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    which ibjective did not complete? What were you doing or how did it happen? The more info you give the more likely to fix.
    There is an objective to OPEN doors using special keys.

The objective should be changed to GETTING THE KEYS.

I had an enemy charge me, opening the door. Hence I could not open it, and hence I could not complete the quest.

~~DukeP~~

There is an objective to OPEN doors using special keys.

The objective should be changed to GETTING THE KEYS.

I had an enemy charge me, opening the door. Hence I could not open it, and hence I could not complete the quest.

~~DukeP~~
    Do you remember which door this was? What difficulty were you running, what class were you, solo or in group, using intimidate or not, any aura's, favored soul or otherwise, etc.

Community Member

FWIW this bug is alive and well in 2023, got hit by it today. Party of 3 Running Epic R1. We didn't notice that the green key objective was still there till after the final fight. We could get to the treasury and open the other chests but not the epic chest and obviously no experience points for completion

It would seem logical to make the objective getting the keys, as you get the last key after the end fight.

Bugs that happen infrequently are very hard to fix. I have run this quest hundreds of times in all difficulty ranges and have never happened upon this issue.

Maybe that is why my loot rolls sucks. All my luck is going into avoiding this bug
    If it ain't broke, you're not trying hard enough.