Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Default Looking for a few good monks, too!

Hi, all.

Just wanted to pop out to give a shout-out for any players that love the Monk class (whether you go at it pure or multiclass it). Tyrs guildies enjoy many "blended" toons, for diversity in quests as well as good ol' fun!

If you have a struggling monk or have wanted to play the monk class, we'll be happy to help in game mechanics, information--even equipment (once you've joined and if you ask nicely. )

You'll see me in-game often as Syncletica. If you have questions, just drop a question for Leslie_West here and I'll answer if I know as well.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica 2nd Edition: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    (Stormreach Shadows updates are in indefinite hiatus.)
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more

We've had a spectacular March and April, and due to new recruits blending right in, we find no need to close our gates now, as we normally like to do.

We continue to look for those who fit our no-zerg playstyle. We are active and organized, and remain a great home for those who choose to play smart, play together, and have fun.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Default Am I a good fit?

I have 4 characters on G-Land, 2 of which I would be interested in guilding with you. (The other 2 are "theme" lowbie toons in a "theme" guild, paying homage to the best T.V. show ever, Arrested Development)

Timera, 34 pt. Human 20 Shintao Monk
    Chastina, 28 pt. Drow 19 Air Savant Sorcerer

I have been playing heavily for the past year, and intermittently the year prior. Before that, I played SWG for 5 years, fairly heavily. I have played D and D from the box sets to 3rd edition, along with various other PnP RPGs. I am a 35 yr. old male, formerly of the 82nd Airborne (Bosnian Conflict Era, no overseas deployment).

I am a Premium Account holder with MOST of the Adventure Packs (missing Necro 3, Assault on Stormreach, and Harbinger of Madness).

I have been in 2 other largish guilds with these characters (Captain's Crew and Coin Collectors), but in both cases the guild leadership put a bad taste in my mouth and I left on bad terms. I do not stand idly by while people power trip and abuse others in a video game, and this has made me a small reputation, both good and bad, but mostly good. I am still friends with many of my former guildies.

I would describe myself as easygoing, knowledgeable, helpful, and polite, with a splash of humor (well, I think I am funny, at least). I don't mind helping others so long as it is appreciated, reciprocal, and not too draining on my resources. I need help from time to time, and understand that one hand washes the other, so to speak. I consider my time to be an infinite resource, my stuff- not so much. (last guild was very pushy about giving Bronze tokens to the GL and choosing Renown end rewards)

I like to go fast. I have been accused of zerging a time or two in PUGs, but sometimes I just wanna complete the quest so I can drop the group, ya know? Running with guildies, my priorities change a bit, and I am far less likely to leave the group for a long period of time. The beauty of moving fast is that I can get back just as quickly When running with very experienced players, I am rarely in the front of the pack. I am also pretty self-sufficient, and decently geared, so I rarely bite off more than I can chew.

I am not afraid to ask questions, and freely give advice when asked.

I am very interested in your "Band of Brothers" concept, as it reminds me of the Army esprit de corps. I would like to build a relationship with a guild that focuses on mutual respect and teamwork, which it seems you represent.

I feel I could be an asset to the guild, and am happy to participate in any sort of pre-hire qualification activities, as well as the obligatory good-natured post-hire hazing. It could not possibly be worse than being "Blood-ranked" by my whole platoon when I made PFC.

As I said, I am on pretty often, please look for me online, as I will be doing the same.
    Tip# 203: Death is a traumatic experience.

Thank you Prodigal for your inquiry. I'd like to thank you for your service, for doing your part to keep our land safe and free.

Well, I'll be looking for you in game... looking forward to chatting with ya!
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 05-04-2011 at 05:32 PM.

No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Community Member

Default Looking for a good group...

Good Afternoon!

I've been playing SWG (Star Wars Galaxies) for over 7-years and my wife has gotten me into DDO (since we've been table-top D&D players for quite awhile; she's the DM in our Goodman Games campaigns), we have both been leveling our characters (I'm running a human CL7 Paladin, she's having a blast playing her typical halfling rogue, also CL7)

We are looking for a good group to join that knows how to have fun, and my wife felt Tyrs Paladium was a great fit for us. We would like to apply for two of your open spots.

The advantage of getting into a guild is the ability to group up with the same players taking advantage of that strength to help complete those massive group adventures. And with mutual support for newer players.

We are both PvE players; holding true to the spirit of the tabletop where the adventurers should work together to achieve the same goals.

Sykk & Vichand NewMoon

(We're the owners of New Moon Comics, LLC in New Jersey - we have nothing to do with Twilight; we've had the name "New Moon" many-many years before sparkling vampires existed)

Founder & Build Synthesis Battlehawke's Avatar

Default Nice

Hey Frobozz... Ran a Shroud with you guys last week. You had a bunch of Newbs and you guys were having a blast. I'm glad you guys finally got rid of the drama queens. You had a couple real a holes there for a while who were ripping you guys apart and giving u a real bad rep. I used to love running with you guys and am glad you guys are back on track. Always a pleasure to see you my friend. Give me a shout if you ever need a non guildy along.
    The Best Server: Gallhanda

Looking for a great guild? Check Out Our Guild: http://www.oldtimersguild.com/vb/forum.php

Looking for some good builds to play? https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...for-Characters

Quote Originally Posted by Battlehawke View Post
    Hey Frobozz... Ran a Shroud with you guys last week. You had a bunch of Newbs and you guys were having a blast. I'm glad you guys finally got rid of the drama queens. You had a couple real a holes there for a while who were ripping you guys apart and giving u a real bad rep. I used to love running with you guys and am glad you guys are back on track. Always a pleasure to see you my friend. Give me a shout if you ever need a non guildy along.
    Thanks Battle. Yes, a few had to go. Without getting into any details, we take a no-nonsense approach. You break the guild rules, your history. I must say the crew now is great. Some noobs, some very experienced players, its a great mix. Like you guys in the OTG, its very hard to find experienced folk that loves running with those of every play level, but that's what we do. That's our niche.

You are ALWAYS welcome Battle, as well as the OTG, whenever and wherever we may meet.

Good lookin' out.

Quote Originally Posted by AarunChengon View Post
    Good Afternoon!

I've been playing SWG (Star Wars Galaxies) for over 7-years and my wife has gotten me into DDO (since we've been table-top D&D players for quite awhile; she's the DM in our Goodman Games campaigns), we have both been leveling our characters (I'm running a human CL7 Paladin, she's having a blast playing her typical halfling rogue, also CL7)

We are looking for a good group to join that knows how to have fun, and my wife felt Tyrs Paladium was a great fit for us. We would like to apply for two of your open spots.

The advantage of getting into a guild is the ability to group up with the same players taking advantage of that strength to help complete those massive group adventures. And with mutual support for newer players.

We are both PvE players; holding true to the spirit of the tabletop where the adventurers should work together to achieve the same goals.

Sykk & Vichand NewMoon

(We're the owners of New Moon Comics, LLC in New Jersey - we have nothing to do with Twilight; we've had the name "New Moon" many-many years before sparkling vampires existed)
    Hello AarunChengon! Thank you for inquiring about Tyrs Paladium. I look forward to meeting up with you in game. You both sound like a perfect fit for the guild.

Look for one of the characters in my signature and holla!

We were very happy to meet Sykk and his wife Vich and look forward to many adventures together.

---------------------------

In Tyrs Paladium, you get that family atmosphere. Everyone knows everyone here, and treats everyone well.

If you like that sorta thing, send me a tell in game and we'll bring you into the fold.

I warn you though... the nachos are for EVERYONE!
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 05-25-2011 at 12:06 AM.

It's about that time again to open those heavy iron Tyrs gates.

Anyone interested to join a no-nonsense guild of knowledgeable, friendly players, hit me up.

Its not what your resume has, it's what it DOESNT HAVE. No drama, no egos please.

July we had a few solid hires, and are happy about that!

We are closing the gates for a few weeks, to best get to know are newest recruits.

If anyone is interested in joining our tight-knit gang of brothers and sisters, just send me a holla here (or a private massage if you choose) and we'll get you in as soon as we can.

Tyrs Paladium would like to announce that we are welcoming all English-speaking EU players once again into our fold.

Originally we had players from all over the world, but had to cut back to mostly American players, due to the merge of the European server with Ghallanda.

Now that the new German server is live, we would once again enjoy the wonderful diversity and camaraderie of our European friends who choose to stick with this server.

We have a few EU players currently, and wish to find others who wish to help us expand our horizons.

Please contact Mississippee or any guildie to track me down.
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 08-21-2011 at 05:56 PM.

Our plan for the remainder of 2011 is to strengthen our ranks, as well as becoming better neighbors on Ghallanda.

EUROPEAN GUILDS:

We are looking to expand fully into the European time zone. With American time zones being our current "peak times", we are looking to expand our playerbase to fill in off peak hours, giving all our guildies more players to run with.

If any European guild is interested in setting up/joining a private chat channel with Tyrs Paladium, please send me a PM here or in game. We have a unique mix of good personalities and talent that would make a nice fit for any guild who also follows a no zerg, teamwork oriented, no drama protocol.

AMERICAN GUILDS:

We are also looking to possibly
    merge with a few smaller guilds who play during our traditional peak times (6pm-2am Eastern) that wish to be part of a larger, yet highly organized guild. We are looking for approximately 20-30 new guildies. We plan on keeping extremely streamlined. Everyone knows everyone here in Tyrs, and we plan on keeping it that way.

Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 09-14-2011 at 07:26 PM.

Default Do yourself a favor...

Change guilds for the holidays!

- Are you in a guild that doesn't even know you exist?

- Are you constantly looking to run, and no one will run with you?

- Or, is your guild too small, or doesn't play often enough for your liking?

Check out Tyrs Paladium. We are a very tight knit, active guild that would love to add you to our roster as long as you abide by two simple principles: No zerging and no drama.

Everyone knows everyone in Tyrs, and the camaraderie here is the straw that stirs the drink. Bring your gear, but leave your ego in the rear!

We've had a really killer 30 days. Over half a dozen really solid recruits. Wishing ya all well in Tyrs!

We are interested in speaking to people tired of feeling invisible in their guild, or those that are guildless - simply looking to join an active, laid back guild who pride themselves on cooperative team play and havin fun.

Our plan for 2012 is to grow our base internationally. Once dead times have filled out nicely. We are taking applicants for all time zones (US west coast to east coast times are our peak), but would like to find a few that play in the UK timezone if possible (we have a small group loyal European players.)

We are a patriotic guild that tends to attract former and current military (we host multi server Memorial Day and Veterans Day events on Ghallanda each year), former and current PnP'ers, and just the right type of player looking to join a cohesive group of players where camaraderie and teamwork are paramount to the experience.

So, if you are in search of an organized, active guild that is focused on camaraderie, good adventure, challenge, and most especially FUN, then send me pm here or in game!
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 01-30-2012 at 06:59 PM.

Community Member

Default Glad to be a part of Tyrs.

I just wanted to take a small spot to say how much I enjoy being in Tyrs.
    I have been with Tyrs for a year now and I love it. What a great bunch of folks to run with. Tyrs is all about having fun in a no zerg/ no drama fashion. If you just want to enjoy the game and be part of an awesome family of gamers, then Tyrs is a great home.
    The officers, myself included, work to try to maintain the goals of the guild.
    I also want to say a thanks to LeslieWest_GuitarGod for keeping this thread active.

See you in game!!!

Rottamus Lightborne ~ lvl 8 (TR) Cleric(Radiant - Healer)
    Daschund the Rotten ~ lvl 20 Bard Virtuoso
    Eladeibbor DeSol~ lvl 15 Cleric Radiant Servant
    Grandrouge Giantbane ~ lvl 12 Rogue Master Mechanic
    Zedicuz Foolbane ~ lvl 8 Wizard Inspired Path
    Solanis Aberbane ~ lvl 6 Ranger Arcane Archer
    Cherrek DeTrellheim & dog "Silk" ~ lvl 4 Artificer
    Ruufus Muckentuckket ~ lvl 5 Shintao Light Monk

We have spent two weeks getting to know our recent hires, and plan on spending another two weeks doing the same.

Anyone interested in joining our guild when the gates open again, please let us know here or in game. We always have a door open for just the right fit.

No drama. No bull. That's what we do.

Community Member

Hello,

I sent you a pm, please let me know.

Thank you,
    Killswitch

Tyrs Paladium has just opened it's gates again for recruitment.

Are you tired of feeling like a nobody in your guild? Run with us once, and you'll realize how different Tyrs is run. We are a group of knowledgeable and organized gamers that combines casual players and selfless hardcores, yet with a very unique mindset. Everyone is laid back here and willing to help a fellow guildie out.

Its a fun place where working together, helping one another and having fun super-cedes any self accomplishment. If you'd like to play your DDO without the typical egos and know-it-alls, ask any Tyrs guildie to track down our fearless guild leader, or post your interest here (or in PM).
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 03-16-2012 at 05:35 PM.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast