Community Member

Default /rogue rant #1028

/rogue rant on

For future reference, if there is only one rogue in party, let them (or anyone with at least 4 Rog. levels) disable the traps, especially if it is elite VOD ... not because we doubt your uber-ness or because we think we're special, but because we benefit from disabling and you don't.

Ran a VOD on elite earlier, was the only Rog. aside from a lvl 18 FvS who had 2 levels of Rog. Since he was a healer, I thought I didn't really even need to bother saying anything .... as we finish the first 4 orthons, I go to disable, and all but 2 are done ... which kind of rubbed me the wrong way, because 1) I and the leader both agreed it would be best to wait until after orthons are dead to disable traps, and 2) I was really really eager to see how many trap parts VOD on elite would yield, as I'd yet to really have a chance to run a quest of high lvl with a good number of traps (since U5).

Given #1, it really did kind of **** me off ... I could have just as well not fought the orthons and gone after traps ... and besides, shouldn't you be healing right now? (BTW - 2 ppl died right out of the gate). The one trap I got to before him gave me 27 - and roughly that times 8 would have been nice. I wasnt a **** about it, mainly only because I guess I now have to start reminding people before raids, and it is fairly new ... but I really wanted to be ...

Oh, and I still had the most kills.

SO, seriously, if I or some other rogue politely asks everyone with 2 lvls of Rog. to refrain, it's not because we doubt your super-awesomeness or because we're being a **** ... its just that we benefit from it and you don't. Otherwise I could care less.

/rogue rant off

Ok, all you fighters can insert your /yawns and rogue-bashing now ...

Community Member

Sorry, I just realized the phrase "I wasn't a **** about it" makes this utterly fail as a Khyber thread. Sorry to waste your time. Move along. Move along.

Community Member Symar-FangofLloth's Avatar

Not to derail, but do the traps in VoD give parts? I've not gotten any from them yet.
    Former Xoriat-er. Embrace the Madness.

Community Member

I got 27 mech parts from one trap, on elite. Again, its mech. parts, so it isn't a huge huge deal, but still ...

FYI, you are able to get trap making if even if you dont have 4 levels in rogue. Rogues just get it for free at that time.

who's to say he doesnt have trap-making?

i agree that if the leader had stated in party that you were doing traps, he should not have done so without confering with him or yourself.
    Shortling (20 rogue) wither others leveling. "One Dwarf Army"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthesponge View Post
    well a clown getting violated by a rabid duck may be sillier, but not by much.

Well I say if it is a Mech rogue , then let them go at it. They get more trap parts and/or have better chances at getting parts. But yeah they are also Mechanical parts , used in everything but easiest to get. I want spell trap parts but they are hard to find ;-;

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tuney View Post
    Well I say if it is a Mech rogue , then let them go at it. They get more trap parts and/or have better chances at getting parts. But yeah they are also Mechanical parts , used in everything but easiest to get. I want spell trap parts but they are hard to find ;-;
    If you run Relic of a Sovereign Past - whatever the one is out in the Black Anvil Mines - there are a TON of magic parts to be had in the last hallway before the final fight ... however, to be honest, I found the spell traps extremely disappointing, as the DC is the same as a scroll.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sogrin View Post
    FYI, you are able to get trap making if even if you dont have 4 levels in rogue. Rogues just get it for free at that time.

who's to say he doesnt have trap-making?

i agree that if the leader had stated in party that you were doing traps, he should not have done so without confering with him or yourself.

True but highly unlikely in 95% of situations, I mean people who got it for free rarely say it was worth it, So I really can't see someone spending 2 feats just to get trap making, I'm sure one or 2 people have, but I just can't think of many builds that have 2 feat slots that they would like to spend on something as situational as trap making.

Default Well. . .

I hope you healed people in the raid just to spite him.
    The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory. - Sun Tzu

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mithran View Post
    I did ... that'll show him!

Quote Originally Posted by Mithran View Post
    I lol'd.
    Awnoo . Mayonnaise . Cellebrian . Gawnaball . Gawna . Gawnaderp .
    Gawnasorc . Mamadapolis . Gawnahjeal . Winnar .
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladiun View Post
    Gawno is excrement; Gawna is excellent.