Default Dissapearing item tooltips driving me crazy

Pretty much every time i play i come across the same problem at some point:

Item tooltips start dissapearing randomly... i mouse over an item, the tooltip shows up for a second and then disappears, despite me not even touching my mouse.

Is there something i can do to fix this? it's incredibly annoying, espcially when i'm trying to empy my bags and i can't read which collector wants which item...
    Last edited by Kuroyume; 07-03-2010 at 12:52 PM. Reason: typos

Community Member Cedrica-the-Bard's Avatar

This happens to me as well. I'm curious as to what causes it and what can fix it...

Community Member

+1 Very Annoying

Sometimes I have some joy clicking on the magnifying glass icon on the orb thing that shows a picture of what i just clicked on. But most of the time I just rage a little and go do something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroyume View Post
    Pretty much every time i play i come across the same problem at some point:

Item tooltips start dissapearing randomly... i mouse over an item, the tooltip shows up for a second and then disappears, despite me not even touching my mouse.

Is there something i can do to fix this? it's incredibly annoying, espcially when i'm trying to empy my bags and i can't read which collector wants which item...

Try this ... works for me ....

ALT TAB to goto to windowed mode and then ALT TAB back to full screen mode ......... this fixes it for me every time
    Flashious, Slashious, Bashious, Delushous, SifuTam Toustious, Sneakious
    Officer - Templar - Cannith

Community Member

If you open a collectable bag and hover your mouse over an item in the bag, it should fix the tooltip bug. It's an annoying glitch.
    Hope that works for you, good luck.

What I was told is that it's a lag thing. What you can do is click on the item and then hit "Z". that will bring up the information box.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by allangreenspan View Post
    if you open a collectable bag and hover your mouse over an item in the bag, it should fix the tooltip bug. It's an annoying glitch.
    Hope that works for you, good luck.
    for anyone coming here from google in the future: This post is the 100% fix.

Default necro pile on, why not

You can also hit "P" key to open the Adventure Compendium and then hover over any of the quests to get a pop up that will reset the tool tips back to their lingering state.

Community Member

Default bug

The problem is that there is not enough room in the area that the tooltips need to open. Because tooltips open on the right side of the item you mouse over. Example: If say when you open your inventory window and it is on the right side of the screen and you mouse over an item in inventory, the tooltips will try to open to the right of the item. But there is not enough room for the item tooltip to open to the right so it bugs out. If you move your inventory window to the left side of your screen and mouse over an item it will work with no problems because there is plenty of room on the right side of screen to show tooltips.

I had same problem picking items and moving them to bank. I moved my inventory and bank windows to left side of screen and never had problems again.

TLDR: Move inventory, bank, and crafting windows to left side of your screen so tooltips have room to open.

Also, in the options somewhere, you can adjust the pop-up speed of item descriptions. It might take an extra 1/3 of a second to pop up, but it will stay up correctly. Haven't had a problem since I changed it.
    Proud guild gimp of Synergia! Adults only. Bring beer. Pants optional.
    Banginurz/Chimpinurz/Shagginurz/Spankinurz.