Community Member

Default Unable to launch DDO

The launcher works fine. It logs me into the server, but I don't ever get to the title screen with the sorceress. the screen remains black and if I click it, it turns white and I get the error "ddo client not responding". I have tried reinstalling fresh several times and it has not worked. On a different PC the game runs fine.

I am using Windows 7 64 bit and had, up until this most recent update, no problems running the game.

Is anyone else having similar problems?

Community Member

Lightbulb It might be a Firewall problem

Hello there, I think your problem is your firewall - check out and add dndclient to there and make it availabe. Check it out and if it doesnt work I have other solutions:

1. Re-install/download DDO ONLY NOT TDM (Turbine Download Manager) you might have problems if you download it back from the site like I do, with the PMB (Pando Media Booster).
    2. Restart computer (always give it a shot).
    3. (Kinda risky in this one) Comprare your DDO files with other people that has no problems with DDO and if there is something ask them to send you those files. But again, It's a TOTAL RISK FOR VIRUSES.

Well, I hope one of my 4 solutions (including firewall one) will work out for you =].
    Good luck!