Community Member

Default Guild Questions: Successor, Resigning, VIP, Charter?

Hey guys, my friend and I are going to make a guild and we have a few questions before we do it:

1) She's a VIP and I'm a premium. She's going to create the guild since it'll be free, but she doesn't want to lead it for whatever reason, so she wants to pass leadership over to me. The way it seems we have to do this, is she makes the guild, sets me as the successor, then resigns. That makes me the leader, then a) can I invite her back right after? and b) Since her guild was made for free via VIPness, and then she passed it to a premium player, can she even do that? Will it just not take unless I buy the charter for myself?

2) What if she creates the guild as a VIP, but then stops being a VIP (she'd be downgraded to premium). What happens then?

3) Is there an easier/safer way for her to make the guild and pass leadership to me without having to resign then get re-invited by me?

4) If she can indeed make a guild for free via VIP then pass it off to people and resign, that seems kind of like free guilds for everyone? So, it can't work like that, right?

Thanks in advance.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ode1st View Post
    Hey guys, my friend and I are going to make a guild and we have a few questions before we do it:

1) She's a VIP and I'm a premium. She's going to create the guild since it'll be free, but she doesn't want to lead it for whatever reason, so she wants to pass leadership over to me. The way it seems we have to do this, is she makes the guild, sets me as the successor, then resigns. That makes me the leader, then a) can I invite her back right after? and b) Since her guild was made for free via VIPness, and then she passed it to a premium player, can she even do that? Will it just not take unless I buy the charter for myself?

2) What if she creates the guild as a VIP, but then stops being a VIP (she'd be downgraded to premium). What happens then?

3) Is there an easier/safer way for her to make the guild and pass leadership to me without having to resign then get re-invited by me?

4) If she can indeed make a guild for free via VIP then pass it off to people and resign, that seems kind of like free guilds for everyone? So, it can't work like that, right?

Thanks in advance.

Unless they changed things in U5, which might be very possible:

1 - She can create it for free, designate you as leader and resign as guild leader. No need for her to leave the guild at all. It doesn't matter if you're P2P. Your plan is sound.

2 - Nothing. But she won't be able to create new free guilds in her non-VIP future.

3 - I'm not sure why she would want to leave the guild. She can just designate one of your toons as new guild leader then resign as guild leader herself.

4 - Yeah it works just fine.

disclaimer: they might have changed things in U5 that I'm not yet aware of

Community Member

Neat, yeah we just did it, thanks.

I was using the in game help files and it said resign made you quit, they're obviously outdated since resign just lets you resign and now quit makes you quit . Thanks .
    Last edited by Ode1st; 06-29-2010 at 11:38 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ode1st View Post
    I was using the in game help files and it said resign made you quit, they're obviously outdated
    Meh. Like half of all ingame descriptive texts are outdated or outright wrong. The new notation of dice rolls is plain wrong too, especially when it comes to spell damage.

Anyway, a pleasure to help and have fun with the new guild.