Default Post U5 combat experience.

so I banged down U5 when it went live and decided to go out and test how the new combat works.

First off I grabbed my F4/Rog3 THF and ran all of korthos on elite.

Didn't see much change in the combat. I did notice I wasn't hitting as often getting a few more actual misses than I'm used to.

Not glanceing while moving I didn't really miss, since I'm not a twitch/drive by fighter.

2 parts of Miserys Peak actually gave me a good fight. O.O

All and all two thumbs up!

Then I poped on with my F1/Rog13 TWF (finesse/twf, none of the other feats) And ran Redwillows Ruins on Elite. (something that I used to be able to mow threw solo with this toon)

Again more Misses than anything.

Did Base AC get bumped across the board? also did monster THAC0 go up?

I did notice that the left hand wasn't swinging as much. So I'm not quite as ginsu as I used to be but with only the one feat that's ok, just had to adjust my play style.

I did notice though from stealth mode is still a right and left hand strike.

Later 4 of us guildys re ran Redwillows just to get used to it.

F1/Rog13, Ranger13(aa), cleric14, ranger9(temp)

wow, what fun. seriously it should have been a cake walk. It wasn't!

from what I could see, Both the AA and Temp ranger were not effected by proc rate on the off hand. least they didn't notice any difference.

I did find that even with Subtle Backstabbing IV on I was getting Aggro way to quick and I wasn't pulled off like it used to. Also things Aggroed on the cleric for no reason???

Maybe the monsters are targeting our casters like we target theirs???

Granted, We are a casual guild, of casual players. No way geared out and optimized, nor are we end-gamers...

what little changes I could see just means I have to slightly adjust my play style. and I might change out my feats or change my weapons sets to optimize them.

But all in all, I love how things that used to be a cake walk arn't now. I like more of a challenge...

(now i just have to respec back to a mechanic and try that out now!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Hireling: "Oh god, you're in trouble!" *heal fail* "Oh god, you're still in trouble!!" *heal fail* "Nooooo I will save you!!!" *heal fail* etc. but to the player, it just looked like the hireling was standing there staring off into space. He's not staring...he's thinking...REALLY hard.

Community Member

I agree...I'm not an end-game UBER player...
    My lvl 13 ITHF fighter saw no difference in attacks, but I'm also not a twitch fighter, and I think the big loss is in GTWF.
    My lvl 4 TWF ranger in training saw a bit of drop in off-hand hits. But he's a dwarf, and I went to S&B with the dwarven axe in my main hand. The new glancing blows more than made up for damage loss from the off hand weapon.

All in all, I'm still going to have fun playing the game.

Community Member

I didn't really notice the difference in melee while in fire stance on my light monk, though you can clearly see wind stance being slower. Since that's somewhat unrelated, everything seemed to die at the same pace when I was meleeing Sands wilderness rares in fire stance--except on occasion, they died faster than usual, which I assume I can attribute to lucky double strikes--since, apparently, double strikes are currently bugged and seem to go off even for people without a double strike chance.