Default Unadorned vials and trapmaking

okay, so I've looked everywhere that i could. I'm a lvl 20 rogue and i'm searching for unadorned vials so i can make some deadly traps to play around with before I TR.

I was wondering if anyone had found any of these vials yet. they're not sold with the free agents so i assume you have to find them. Any idea on where i should start looking would be very helpful.

Also, let's discuss good quests where you can get trap parts.
    So far the most useful one has been shadow knight because there are so many traps in that lvl. what other ones would you guys quest in for trap parts?

EDIT: hmm. appearently you can get unadorned vials at the Free agents vendor where you buy all the other vials, but my toon is glitched because they're not available to her. I had to have a friend buy them and give them to me
    Last edited by Meru_Lee; 06-28-2010 at 10:37 PM.

Community Member

It's probable that you need good Free Agent Favor to access the unadorned vials. I can't get them either, but one of my friends can.

To get a load of traps, I tried - the Bookbinder Rescue, Church & the Cult, and Bounty Hunter. Also - Guard Jung's one in the Harbour has a easy to reach cold trap at the start.
    Bookbinder is convenient as you can rerun to just hit traps- don't rescue the family. Church & the Cult has that irritating vamp at the end, best skipped, unless you are looking for a Silver bow, or somesuch item.

Bounty Hunter had the only Magical Parts I found so far.

Looking at Relic of a Sovereign Past for tomorrow's run.

Gwylan's stand has a fair amount of traps as well. I got about 150 parts of all the varieties total in 1 hard 2 elite runs.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinofSpiritwood View Post
    Bounty Hunter had the only Magical Parts I found so far.
    Gwylans has some as well although i didn't pay attention to which trap I got them from.
    A friend will bail you out of jail.
    A mate will be sitting in there beside you saying "**** that was awsome!!!"

Unguilded of Orien

Community Member

I was thinking Bookbinder Rescue, Church and the Cult and Bounty Hunter as well. The latter two have over 10 traps I think and they're relatively easy quests. Bookbinder has like 6-8 traps in such a concentrated location close to the entrance that it seems like it'd be so easy to farm.

Community Member

unadorned vials i belive you get with 150 free agent favor (opens shop to more items).

For really low level, redfang the unruled has both fire traps and magical trap (the poison traps in the second trap room are all magical traps.) Any other quest that has lots of poison traps will also do well for magical trap pieces.

Bookbinder is very good, but only for mechanical pieces.
    Havent tried it on main server, but in theory, the quest on sharn syn. where you retreave the stormreaver fresco is short, and has like 9 traps in that one room with the artwork. However, when i tried that on lam., it was glitched and did not give me any (2 runs on elite, no trap pieces, even as a mechanic).
    For level 10 (iirc) there is a quest where you rescue that mechanic from von (in house k. cant rememebr. haywire rescue??). has around 12 traps of various types and being level 10, will probably give much more trap pieces then even gw. stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Falco_Easts View Post
    Gwylans has some as well although i didn't pay attention to which trap I got them from.
    The poison trap.

Also the Poison trap in deleras gave magical as well, so my guess is all poison traps give magical.
    The poster formerly known as San'tar...

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Don't make me pull this forum over and come back there

Quote Originally Posted by Falco_Easts View Post
    It's from the acid/poison trap that shoots from the pillars into the center of the room.

hmm.. well I know I must be glitched for the unadorned vials because i have 350/150 favor with the free agents and still they won't sell them to me.

but other then that, while questing i managed to get close to 30 mechanical trap parts from one trap in the IQ quest. um...was it Sunken Perish?
    The quest has only a few traps and I haven't gotten that many trap parts since from that one run. (it's the quest where u got to rescue the prisioners and end up killing them at the end cause of that mind control)

Community Member

Default Did you talk to the patron again?

Dumb question, but don't you have to talk to the patron as you unlock each level of favor? It may be that you unlocked the first level and didn't bother to talk to the patron (not the guy selling stuff) again to unlock the next level. I know I only used the free agents before this update if I was nearby for cheap repairs. It may be that you neglected talking to the patron again.

I pulled 68 mechanical trap parts from the top floor of Monastery of the Scorpion last night. I'm not sure if that's good or bad but it beats the zero parts I pulled out of Sins of Attrition.

Also, where they heck is the favor guy for the Free Agents (Capshaw?)? I have something like 380/150 favor but can't find the guy to talk to him.

Basic, universal rogue build advice
    "Not in the face! Not in the faaaaaace!"

Quote Originally Posted by Meru_Lee View Post
    hmm.. well I know I must be glitched for the unadorned vials because i have 350/150 favor with the free agents and still they won't sell them to me.

but other then that, while questing i managed to get close to 30 mechanical trap parts from one trap in the IQ quest. um...was it Sunken Perish?
    The quest has only a few traps and I haven't gotten that many trap parts since from that one run. (it's the quest where u got to rescue the prisioners and end up killing them at the end cause of that mind control)

if you have 350/150 you never talked to the agent for your second lvl if you had you would be seeing 350/400

Default Chamber of insanity

In house K has 4 traps that drop magical parts as well.

I trip spiders.

Community Member

Default Favor and Unadorned vials

Quote Originally Posted by 100nadas View Post
    In house K has 4 traps that drop magical parts as well.
    Yes, speak to the Free Agent Patron again. I couid not buy the Unadorned Vials even though I had 150+ favor. Spoke to him again aand ..............guess what. Unadorned Vials.

Quote Originally Posted by Draccus View Post
    Also, where they heck is the favor guy for the Free Agents (Capshaw?)? I have something like 380/150 favor but can't find the guy to talk to him.
    He's just to the left if you're facing the vendor. The reporter giving a speech on the wooden platform.