Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: :) so PVP yah

Community Member

Cool :) so PVP yah

ok so heres an idea, take a open map like GH, and give me and option to step in there like PvPvE, like a guy standing next to the entrance u know. and let me run around regening mana and hp by like 20 every 10 secs. and let me go kill everyone. Me and some guildys could run around killing other players and bad mobs no xp no loot, just fun. No balancing of classes, no changes, just option of running around in big battlefield and killing noobs :P

Community Member AltheaSteelrain's Avatar

+1 Vote

Sounds fun and chaotic! XD
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoJ View Post
    I've never spent more than 5 minutes in a character generator. But I've spent countless hours talking about myself, and how great I am.

The Most Gimpiest Bard Build Ever!
    Before you start a bard, please read:
    Diva's Bard Love Guide / Genghis Khan by LeslieWestGuitarGod / Rabidly Halfling by Madmatt70

would be...............EPIC, would at least deny the noobs so we dont have to deal with em swinging at us for a pointless reason

that would be totally epic! i was always thought wilderness should be semi open world where you can meet other players not just party members .

Talking

That would be a blast! Just minus the healing regen aspect of it. Always felt that was uncalled for. People should be prepared for the trials of PvP, or what passes for it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcticwarrior View Post
    would be...............EPIC, would at least deny the noobs so we dont have to deal with em swinging at us for a pointless reason
    but that would be the best part! some level 3 fighter comes swinging at my capped wizard, then wonders why he has negative 1526 hp
    adversity is something we face every day - for a true test, give someone power

Quote Originally Posted by stille_nacht View Post
    Click the arrow for Intro to Multiclassing
    Quote Originally Posted by stille_nacht View Post
    Frugal Pack Buying Guide

That sounds a lot like what PvP was like in Age of Conan - and it was terrible. It sounds great, until you end up with a group of people that just gank everyone that zones in. Most people will say then just don't go there if you can't handle it, which of course means there's no one to gank so the gankers leave and then it's nothing more than an empty zone.

Proud officer of Crate and Barrel Smashing, LLC

normaly i dont agree with PvP update+fix posts, or changes, but this is one i wouldnt mind seeing

+ 1 and

/signed

Quote Originally Posted by jwdaniels View Post
    That sounds a lot like what PvP was like in Age of Conan - and it was terrible. It sounds great, until you end up with a group of people that just gank everyone that zones in. Most people will say then just don't go there if you can't handle it, which of course means there's no one to gank so the gankers leave and then it's nothing more than an empty zone.
    To avoid this just have the zone in sites randomized.

I agree, this sounds like a lot of fun.

/signed

+1

Quote Originally Posted by jwdaniels View Post
    ^this^
    +1 to you for understanding why it's a bad idea.

Oh, and.... /not signed

being able to grief people in mobs would greatly improve this game.
    you changed, bro...

Quote Originally Posted by lazyninja81 View Post
    To avoid this just have the zone in sites randomized.
    So running a first timer in the zone to a quest just became impossible, and he'll never learn the way there.
    No thanks.

To avoid the problems associated with it, just don't implement it.

Quote Originally Posted by Calebro View Post
    So running a first timer in the zone to a quest just became impossible, and he'll never learn the way there.
    No thanks.

To avoid the problems associated with it, just don't implement it.
    From the suggestions made I was assuming this was a PvP only area without quests, explorers, rares, etc. So there isn't really a need to learn paths to specific locations and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyninja81 View Post
    From the suggestions made I was assuming this was a PvP only area without quests, explorers, rares, etc. So there isn't really a need to learn paths to specific locations and what not.
    The OP specifically mentions Gianthold as an example of the type of place he wants this implemented.
    It's a tool to grief other players and yet you're all /signing it....

Quote Originally Posted by Calebro View Post
    The OP specifically mentions Gianthold as an example of the type of place he wants this implemented.
    It's a tool to grief other players and yet you're all /signing it....
    I think he meant to make it a dual instance, so you can choose to enter either:

The chaotic PvP Gianthold

Or the regular explorer/slayer/rare Gianthold.

So really it doesn't affect anybody learning about a specific quest area, unless all you do is PvP, then thats your choice.
    Dinosaur.

The Hatchery

He doesn't mean to make all wilderness areas automatically PvP.

Just an option to enter them as if they were.

Can I charm myself an army to beat up on other players? Can I counter charm someone else's charmed mobs and draw them to my side? Summon pets? I think I might be able to cause a lag spike all by myself if I could control an army like that.
    Ghallanda: Neatoelf15wiz/1rgr, Neetoelf17wiz, NeatoManhuman13rog/6pal/1mnk, NeatoHombrehuman12ftr/6pal/2rog, Kneetoedwarf17clr, Kneedoughdrow18clr/2mnk

Minimize expectations and you'll never be disappointed

Community Member

Default I just want to clear up some confusion

By no means do i intend to mix up questing instances, and pvp instances, I just want giantholds map, and all the mobs in there. If they did something like that for every explorer area id cry tears of joy, could u imagine slaughter in the orchard. i like the idea of random spawning, i think that if ur in a raid or party ur whole team should spawn same general area, you should have 7 sec where no one can attack or harm u. also, if they were in the explorer areas it would balance pvp a lil in the area of lvl, because only higher lvls able to get into those explorer areas, though balance is not what im looking for. by no means do i want pvp a major part of this game, i just like to occasionaly cometfall some1 for 700 pts of damage of kicks and giggles. also if they do this fix sneak in pvp , because it would be awesome to be rog if sneak worked in a giant map like that. brings new meaning to sneak attack

Community Member Lorien_the_First_One's Avatar

Whenever I hear ideas like this I think of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR7FC...eature=related

We don't need any more dev time spent on promoting PvP, or a gank zone.

I'd support this idea if you could also do private PvP instances (with mobs). I'd love to do this with guildies/friends.

Aerak the Bulwark-Awryn Shadowblade-Aerrik Lightbringer
    Member of D.W.A.T.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast