Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default This does work....couple more specifics though

This worked fine for me. But I had to make all hidden files/folders viewable (for my XP system, I opened 'My Computer' and clicked Tools/Folder Option up in the upper left. I then found my xml file under:

"C/Documents and settings/Owner/Local Settings/Application Data/Turbine/DDO/Launcher"

If you do a search for it--ensure to include hidden files/folders when doing so....

Default This works...just a few more details for the explanation...

This worked for me (XP system), but I had to make all hidden files/folders viewable (opened up My Computer, clicked Tools up in left options drop downs, then clicked Folder Options to change this).
    Plus, the location of my xml file was at:

"C/Documents and Settings/Owner/Local Settings/Application Data/Turbine/DDO/Launcher"

Or you can search for it as long as you either have your 'view hidden folders/files' on or you enter search hidden files/folders for the search criteria...

Default Hec with a quarter...

Quote Originally Posted by Mirthgar View Post
    For some clarification on where to find this file:

WinXP -
    C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Turbine\Dungeons and Dragons Online\Launcher

Win7/Vista -
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Lo cal\Turbine\Dungeons and Dragons Online\Launcher

Note that the "Local Settings" (XP) and "AppData" (Vista) folders are "hidden" folders, you'll need to enable hidden files and folders view to find them:

Vista/Win7 click on: Organize > Folder and Search Opitons > View (tab) > "Show hidden files and folders"

XP click on: "Tools" > "Folder Options" > View (tab) > "Show hidden files and folders"
    C'mon down to Phoenix and I'll buy you a drink (or ten)!!!

Thanks for the fix and GREAT JOB on the find!!
    Founder #9518
    The problem with being punctual is that no one is there to appreciate it...

Glad this worked. Thanks.

Having to dig around in my computer every couple updates because the game is unplayable is kinda annoying.

Thank you so so so much! I did the whole updating/replacing files (of the ENTIRE game), only to get the same message, and was about to pull my hair out, until I saw your thread. It worked like a charm. Thanks!

Community Member

Thanks for posting this, I had the file in TWO diffrent locations...lol...

Thanks to the OP, indeed!
    <|| “Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch’entrate.” ||>
    AEsahaettr | AlfredSartan | Botharel | PeterMurphy | Weesham etc.

Customer Service Representative Mirthgar's Avatar

I would have made this post the sticky but its gotten a bit cluttered so I made a new sticky for this for clarity.

NOTE: The Customer Support forums are best for Player-to-Player help, for more direct and official support, please submit a ticket to the appropriate team via the form here.

After contacting support, log into your email webpage to add noreply@turbine.com and accountsupport@turbine.com to their "safe senders" list and your contacts list/address book. Be sure to check Spam/Junk Mail folders as well since most email providers do not let external email programs or cell phones download mail flagged this way.

Community Member

Sorry to kind of necro this thread, but I have recently run into this problem since I have DDO on my girlfriend's laptop since my PC needs repairs. I have done everything instructed in this thread but I can't find the .xml file, even when I run a search. I don't want to have her need to log in to her account everytime I just want to play the game, does anyone know what I should do?

Community Member

Thumbs up Similar problem, same fix!

Thanks so much guys! I was having a bit of a problem with my DDO launcher - it worked alright, but it always spawned off-screen, and I couldn't figure out how to drag it back onscreen. Just deleted the LauncherUserSettings.xml and it worked fine!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12