Thread: Client

Community Member

Default Client

I have been trying to sign on to DDO since the Update 5 and it is telling me " You do not have the current version of the client installed" How do I resolve this matter? Please inform me this ASAP!!!!

Community Member

Unhappy trying to install update too

Grrr this really bites, i have turbine manager and it didnt do the updates. I can't file the link for the updates on online either. Please help!!

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1978 View Post
    I have been trying to sign on to DDO since the Update 5 and it is telling me " You do not have the current version of the client installed" How do I resolve this matter? Please inform me this ASAP!!!!
    I am getting same message. Do I need to re-download everything?

Yeap, apparently the download manager patched the lammania client instead of the actual live client. I can see all the modified files in each of the folders, and only the lammania folder had new or modded files in it. So instead of having a button that allows you to repatch or having an autodection protocol that detects you dont have the right client and repatches it for you, we are forced to DL the right client manually. Welcome to 1992 file patching mechanisms, sans delorian with flaming tire tracks parked in the lot.

/Going outside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

I went to www.ddo.com, downloaded the entire client package again, and re-installed it. I no longer get an error message -- instead, connection just hangs up. I see the words "Connecting to Cannith"... and "connecting", and "connecting". I did not see a timeout message, but probably only because I got tired of waiting and closed the program. Anyone else having this problem?