Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Something for People to Keep in Mind when Joining LFM's

Just because your class symbol is up, doesn't mean you will be auto accepted into any party you choose. If you are declined, do not sent tells to the leader crying about how you would be great for the job, or try to explain how uber you are, just accept the fact you got declined, move on, and find something else to do.
    Khyber
    Swez Sowan
    Sowen Sown Sowyn

Xionanx

Quote Originally Posted by Sweyn View Post
    Just because your class symbol is up, doesn't mean you will be auto accepted into any party you choose. If you are declined, do not sent tells to the leader crying about how you would be great for the job, or try to explain how uber you are, just accept the fact you got declined, move on, and find something else to do.
    Personally, I dont hit "decline" usually, I just let em languish in the list until the party is full so they get a nice little "auto declined because party full" message. Solves the "why did you decline me questions".

Now if only I could get rid of the people who attempt to join my lfm who are not the correct level or class who insist on sending me tells asking "hey you gonna let me join?

Community Member Tymoriel_Ayreweaver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xionanx View Post
    Personally, I dont hit "decline" usually, I just let em languish in the list until the party is full so they get a nice little "auto declined because party full" message. Solves the "why did you decline me questions".

Now if only I could get rid of the people who attempt to join my lfm who are not the correct level or class who insist on sending me tells asking "hey you gonna let me join?
    Honestly, I hate when people do that. You end up sitting there waiting to see if the person is going to accept you when you could be doing something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdemeritt View Post
    Someone rolled a 1 on their sarcasm check....

This is why I send you a tell first, you monk hater!

So you are saying you myddo every person that hits the lfm before they join? Otherwise why not accept them if their class up.

I will say there are points where I will forget to get rid of class icons once Ive filled that spo though.
    Toons are in a constant state of flux. Khyber server.

Quote Originally Posted by Trillea View Post
    Maybe your forum name should be lord_of_halfling_rage then...

Quote Originally Posted by Tymoriel_Ayreweaver View Post
    Honestly, I hate when people do that. You end up sitting there waiting to see if the person is going to accept you when you could be doing something else.
    That's why I usually go and do something else if I don't get accepted right away.

But I agree. Just man up and decline me.
    You are responsible for your own DDO experience.

Quote Originally Posted by lord_of_rage View Post
    So you are saying you myddo every person that hits the lfm before they join? Otherwise why not accept them if their class up.

I will say there are points where I will forget to get rid of class icons once Ive filled that spo though.
    I gotta say, there was a time when all kinds of people were throwing fits about people using MyDDO to screen peeps for raids/quests. I'm one of these people. If I don't recognize your guild/name, you get MyDDO'd. If I don't like what I see(ie: rogue <300hp, fighter type with 50%fort 300hp, etc) you get declined.

I did try to not use MyDDO once. Just once. Failed a shroud I was leading for the 1st time since...not sure. Just know that it had been a very, very long time(100+ runs). Did it fail because of lag...no. Did it fail because of poor healing...no. It failed because the noob sauces who didn't know not to run through the middle in part2, couldn't do their puzzles in 3, and had zero dps in 4.

IMO you have to have a standard. Are GS weapons required--no. Super hp/build/gear--no. 16con 300 hp no fort 'tanks' with no weapons--no.

I do send tells to those I'm not accepting ~90% of the time and sometimes they do get upset. I don't care really . I simply tell them why and if they do ask, I tell them what I'm looking for.
    Bjornegar, Bloodtrail, Chronogear, Clarkk, Flied, Nugente, Soulgear, Ssmooth, Throrin
    PESTILENCE

I generally tell them they can't join because I MyDDOed them and they stink. Usually keeps them from trying to join again. Saves me from having to MyDDO them again. When people want in I see if I recognize them first, second I check guild if they are in a good guild I usually let them in, 3rd if 1 and 2 don't apply MyDDO comes into play. Then there are the guilds I won't group with... I just tell them someone in their guild ruined it for all of them. I have found this insures a better rate of success for the Epics and ToDs I run.
    Boldrin//Grandmaster Flash//Cartaras
    Plucky // Whipping //Malachus
    Juxta//Pigsticker//Stealyour// Internet
    Proud member of Loreseekers

MyDDO isn't always accurate. For instance, I unequip my heavy fort item on one toon sometimes. Of course, that's always when MyDDO updates. So, it looks like my lvl 18 pally has no fort. But I probably just switched that item out to put on a haggle item after questing. Is there any way to force MyDDO to update when I have all my quest gear on?

Quote Originally Posted by Tymoriel_Ayreweaver View Post
    Yeah I hate it to. That's why if I click to join I give then 20 seconds or so to accept or decline then go do something else. If they accept me after after I have started to solo something I just tell them they took to long and polietly drop group.
    My real forum Join date is July 2007. Maybe one day someone will develop the awsome technology to fix this currently unfixable bug.

Quote Originally Posted by jillie View Post
    MyDDO isn't always accurate. For instance, I unequip my heavy fort item on one toon sometimes. Of course, that's always when MyDDO updates. So, it looks like my lvl 18 pally has no fort. But I probably just switched that item out to put on a haggle item after questing. Is there any way to force MyDDO to update when I have all my quest gear on?
    if i could do that i would make myddo show me with out any gear on.

common on man! were doing this as a naked run!
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWhofan View Post
    DDDDDddddddDDDOOOOOOOooooOOOODOOOOOOMMMMMMmmmmmMMM MM!!!111!!!!!1!

Quote Originally Posted by Ssmooth View Post
    I gotta say, there was a time when all kinds of people were throwing fits about people using MyDDO to screen peeps for raids/quests. I'm one of these people. If I don't recognize your guild/name, you get MyDDO'd. If I don't like what I see(ie: rogue <300hp, fighter type with 50%fort 300hp, etc) you get declined.

I did try to not use MyDDO once. Just once. Failed a shroud I was leading for the 1st time since...not sure. Just know that it had been a very, very long time(100+ runs). Did it fail because of lag...no. Did it fail because of poor healing...no. It failed because the noob sauces who didn't know not to run through the middle in part2, couldn't do their puzzles in 3, and had zero dps in 4.

IMO you have to have a standard. Are GS weapons required--no. Super hp/build/gear--no. 16con 300 hp no fort 'tanks' with no weapons--no.

I do send tells to those I'm not accepting ~90% of the time and sometimes they do get upset. I don't care really . I simply tell them why and if they do ask, I tell them what I'm looking for.
    I dont myddo much. On 6 man stuff I typically take the first 5 that hit the lfm. I figure that 9/10 Ill complete the quest. On raids I might possibly check a off the wall build. But I dont lead epics. Or TODs. Or like Boldrin truck loads of elite shrouds. Now if we are in quest and a melee is dropping like a rock or getting one shotted Ill myddo. If I see a paladin running S&B and not shifting to a dps option. Ill myddo. But I never do it before the quest. I just do it during if the player is that bad. And that is more to chuckle about it.ILL still run with them afterwords if anything for the fun of it.
    Last edited by lord_of_rage; 06-26-2010 at 08:45 PM.
    Toons are in a constant state of flux. Khyber server.

Quote Originally Posted by Trillea View Post
    Maybe your forum name should be lord_of_halfling_rage then...

You guys actually use myddo? Why bother it isn't like everything can not be shortmanned anyway. Just accept and then if they suck oh well..
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by lord_of_rage View Post

You don't have to myddo someone to know they won't fit the role.

Example :

You join a pug. One of the members is an AA ranger who never puts away his bow, has few HP, doesn't listen to instructions, dies a lot ect. I put up an lfm looking for DPS. I understand Melee rangers can be a great sourse of DPS and include the Ranger symbol in the lfm. Said ranger from earlier pug clicks, i decline. (Did i ever say anything about myddo in the OP?)
    Last edited by Sweyn; 06-26-2010 at 10:25 PM.
    Khyber
    Swez Sowan
    Sowen Sown Sowyn

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by katana_one View Post
    That's why I usually go and do something else if I don't get accepted right away.
    This.

If I don't get accepted I just strip naked and shake my bootie at the LFM...that usually makes me feel better.

Community Member

No
    Argonessen and Khyber Servers - Officer of Aces over Kings and Stormreach Thieves Guild
    http://www.srtg.org.au - Antir ~ Raegouli ~ Sussant ~ Servantir

Quote Originally Posted by Boldrin View Post
    I generally tell them they can't join because I MyDDOed them and they stink. Usually keeps them from trying to join again. Saves me from having to MyDDO them again. When people want in I see if I recognize them first, second I check guild if they are in a good guild I usually let them in, 3rd if 1 and 2 don't apply MyDDO comes into play. Then there are the guilds I won't group with... I just tell them someone in their guild ruined it for all of them. I have found this insures a better rate of success for the Epics and ToDs I run.
    This is Exactly how I implement MyDDO when forming groups for the raids and epics I run.
    Bjornegar, Bloodtrail, Chronogear, Clarkk, Flied, Nugente, Soulgear, Ssmooth, Throrin
    PESTILENCE

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jillie View Post
    It updates when you log. If your being declined it's nit because of a haggle helm....it's never one thing..but if you got no fort showing and 249hps. Yeah your getting turned down I suspect.

Late game essential raids for ubber gear is one thing, but when you are using MyDDO to choose spots for lower level quests you are nerd...come on man, you have to admit people who do that are nerds

Asking questions like "What's your DPS?" for quests like irestone gets you the nerd sticker.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast