Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Something for People to Keep in Mind when Joining LFM's

Just because your class symbol is up, doesn't mean you will be auto accepted into any party you choose. If you are declined, do not sent tells to the leader crying about how you would be great for the job, or try to explain how uber you are, just accept the fact you got declined, move on, and find something else to do.
    Khyber
    Swez Sowan
    Sowen Sown Sowyn

Xionanx

Quote Originally Posted by Sweyn View Post
    Just because your class symbol is up, doesn't mean you will be auto accepted into any party you choose. If you are declined, do not sent tells to the leader crying about how you would be great for the job, or try to explain how uber you are, just accept the fact you got declined, move on, and find something else to do.
    Personally, I dont hit "decline" usually, I just let em languish in the list until the party is full so they get a nice little "auto declined because party full" message. Solves the "why did you decline me questions".

Now if only I could get rid of the people who attempt to join my lfm who are not the correct level or class who insist on sending me tells asking "hey you gonna let me join?

Community Member Tymoriel_Ayreweaver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xionanx View Post
    Personally, I dont hit "decline" usually, I just let em languish in the list until the party is full so they get a nice little "auto declined because party full" message. Solves the "why did you decline me questions".

Now if only I could get rid of the people who attempt to join my lfm who are not the correct level or class who insist on sending me tells asking "hey you gonna let me join?
    Honestly, I hate when people do that. You end up sitting there waiting to see if the person is going to accept you when you could be doing something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdemeritt View Post
    Someone rolled a 1 on their sarcasm check....

This is why I send you a tell first, you monk hater!

Quote Originally Posted by Tymoriel_Ayreweaver View Post
    Honestly, I hate when people do that. You end up sitting there waiting to see if the person is going to accept you when you could be doing something else.
    That's why I usually go and do something else if I don't get accepted right away.

But I agree. Just man up and decline me.
    You are responsible for your own DDO experience.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by katana_one View Post
    That's why I usually go and do something else if I don't get accepted right away.
    This.

If I don't get accepted I just strip naked and shake my bootie at the LFM...that usually makes me feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by katana_one View Post
    But I agree. Just man up and decline me.
    This. Just hit decline. If you are annoyed that they whine afterwards, add them to your ignore list. But dont be a ****** because they MAY whine.

And if I think I am capable of helping a group, I request to join regardless of whether or not I fit the requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Tymoriel_Ayreweaver View Post
    Yeah I hate it to. That's why if I click to join I give then 20 seconds or so to accept or decline then go do something else. If they accept me after after I have started to solo something I just tell them they took to long and polietly drop group.
    My real forum Join date is July 2007. Maybe one day someone will develop the awsome technology to fix this currently unfixable bug.

And thats when you hit the "Decline" button.
    Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking.

and thats why i sometimes click multiple lfms. I'm not gonna sit around and wait while you dither or you
    insult me by not deeming me worth enough of your time to click decline.
    Oh, and people that do let me languish go onto my list. turnabout is fair play.

you do have a point about the wrong class/level part tho.
    The Office of the Exchequer. 1750 on all live servers via Pure pugging. Thank you very much to all who helped carry a gimp . (wayfinder was a soloist build)

I think that MyDDO is acceptable for Raids. It's a pain to run a raid when some of your members are horribly gimped. But if you MyDDO for normal quests, you need to loosen up. MyDDO is like the short background check a company does before hiring you.

P.S. I don't like the idea of using MyDDO but I understand why some people do it. To those that have been MyDDO-ed, just move to another party. There's no harm in that.
    In case you didn't already notice, my posts that end with must NEVER EVER, under any circumstances, be taken seriously.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=3012617

:
    Yep sometimes I hit a lfm and if they dont accept I put up my own, fill it and am about 2/3 done with the quest when a message pops up that the other group is full.

Must suck to take that long to fill a lfm to have people who clicked it finishing it in a new group they made about the same time as the orgional is getting started.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    *pokes the patch with a stick* get out there you,
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    We were pretty up front that the twf update was going to be a nerf regardless of lag or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweyn View Post
    So you are saying you myddo every person that hits the lfm before they join? Otherwise why not accept them if their class up.

I will say there are points where I will forget to get rid of class icons once Ive filled that spo though.
    Toons are in a constant state of flux. Khyber server.

Quote Originally Posted by Trillea View Post
    Maybe your forum name should be lord_of_halfling_rage then...

Quote Originally Posted by lord_of_rage View Post
    So you are saying you myddo every person that hits the lfm before they join? Otherwise why not accept them if their class up.

I will say there are points where I will forget to get rid of class icons once Ive filled that spo though.
    I gotta say, there was a time when all kinds of people were throwing fits about people using MyDDO to screen peeps for raids/quests. I'm one of these people. If I don't recognize your guild/name, you get MyDDO'd. If I don't like what I see(ie: rogue <300hp, fighter type with 50%fort 300hp, etc) you get declined.

I did try to not use MyDDO once. Just once. Failed a shroud I was leading for the 1st time since...not sure. Just know that it had been a very, very long time(100+ runs). Did it fail because of lag...no. Did it fail because of poor healing...no. It failed because the noob sauces who didn't know not to run through the middle in part2, couldn't do their puzzles in 3, and had zero dps in 4.

IMO you have to have a standard. Are GS weapons required--no. Super hp/build/gear--no. 16con 300 hp no fort 'tanks' with no weapons--no.

I do send tells to those I'm not accepting ~90% of the time and sometimes they do get upset. I don't care really . I simply tell them why and if they do ask, I tell them what I'm looking for.
    Bjornegar, Bloodtrail, Chronogear, Clarkk, Flied, Nugente, Soulgear, Ssmooth, Throrin
    PESTILENCE

I generally tell them they can't join because I MyDDOed them and they stink. Usually keeps them from trying to join again. Saves me from having to MyDDO them again. When people want in I see if I recognize them first, second I check guild if they are in a good guild I usually let them in, 3rd if 1 and 2 don't apply MyDDO comes into play. Then there are the guilds I won't group with... I just tell them someone in their guild ruined it for all of them. I have found this insures a better rate of success for the Epics and ToDs I run.
    Boldrin//Grandmaster Flash//Cartaras
    Plucky // Whipping //Malachus
    Juxta//Pigsticker//Stealyour// Internet
    Proud member of Loreseekers

MyDDO isn't always accurate. For instance, I unequip my heavy fort item on one toon sometimes. Of course, that's always when MyDDO updates. So, it looks like my lvl 18 pally has no fort. But I probably just switched that item out to put on a haggle item after questing. Is there any way to force MyDDO to update when I have all my quest gear on?

Quote Originally Posted by jillie View Post
    MyDDO isn't always accurate. For instance, I unequip my heavy fort item on one toon sometimes. Of course, that's always when MyDDO updates. So, it looks like my lvl 18 pally has no fort. But I probably just switched that item out to put on a haggle item after questing. Is there any way to force MyDDO to update when I have all my quest gear on?
    if i could do that i would make myddo show me with out any gear on.

common on man! were doing this as a naked run!
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWhofan View Post
    DDDDDddddddDDDOOOOOOOooooOOOODOOOOOOMMMMMMmmmmmMMM MM!!!111!!!!!1!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jillie View Post
    It updates when you log. If your being declined it's nit because of a haggle helm....it's never one thing..but if you got no fort showing and 249hps. Yeah your getting turned down I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Boldrin View Post
    I generally tell them they can't join because I MyDDOed them and they stink. Usually keeps them from trying to join again. Saves me from having to MyDDO them again. When people want in I see if I recognize them first, second I check guild if they are in a good guild I usually let them in, 3rd if 1 and 2 don't apply MyDDO comes into play. Then there are the guilds I won't group with... I just tell them someone in their guild ruined it for all of them. I have found this insures a better rate of success for the Epics and ToDs I run.
    This is Exactly how I implement MyDDO when forming groups for the raids and epics I run.
    Bjornegar, Bloodtrail, Chronogear, Clarkk, Flied, Nugente, Soulgear, Ssmooth, Throrin
    PESTILENCE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast