Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default this

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    You guys actually use myddo? Why bother it isn't like everything can not be shortmanned anyway. Just accept and then if they suck oh well..
    qft

Quote Originally Posted by Sweyn View Post
    Just because your class symbol is up, doesn't mean you will be auto accepted into any party you choose. If you are declined, do not sent tells to the leader crying about how you would be great for the job, or try to explain how uber you are, just accept the fact you got declined, move on, and find something else to do.
    Something to keep in mind those that initiate an LFM.
    Be courteous. It really doesnt kill anyone to show a little consideration and give a quick reply. I am not saying entertain a one hour debate why you declined, but a quick reply wont ruin your day either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssmooth View Post

I did try to not use MyDDO once. Just once. Failed a shroud I was leading for the 1st time since...not sure. Just know that it had been a very, very long time(100+ runs). Did it fail because of lag...no. Did it fail because of poor healing...no. It failed because the noob sauces who didn't know not to run through the middle in part2, couldn't do their puzzles in 3, and had zero dps in 4.
    Correction. It failed cause the leader was a noob and didnt explain about not running in the middle and assumed everyone ran the raid 1000 times (you know what they say about assumption). It failed cause no one picked up the slack on the puzzle (countless successful runs with many people who cant do the puzzle). It failed because maybe the other 11 members were mostly also noobs and couldnt compensate for ONE below avg dps (countless successful shroud runs with 1-5 man short, so dont tell me one low dps toon ruined your raid)

You know what I cant stand more than an elitest jerk? is one who thinks they are an elitest jerk and constantly put the blame on others.
    Real pros are those that can carry a less than ideal group and get the job done. Running with epic geared toons to finish shroud in under 30min is not an accomplishment.

You guys actually use myddo? Why bother it isn't like everything can not be shortmanned anyway. Just accept and then if they suck oh well..
    I use it, and i am glad i do.

- A level 20 rogue with 15 Strength and 300 HP applied for my DQ2 epic. I'm glad i had myddo
    - A level 20 cleric with 200 HP and 1600 SP applied for my VoN6 epic. I'm glad i had myddo
    Khyber
    Swez Sowan
    Sowen Sown Sowyn

Quote Originally Posted by Sweyn View Post
    I use it, and i am glad i do.

- A level 20 rogue with 15 Strength and 300 HP applied for my DQ2 epic. I'm glad i had myddo
    - A level 20 cleric with 200 HP and 1600 SP applied for my VoN6 epic. I'm glad i had myddo
    The difference between and Epic raid and Shroud on Normal is like the difference between USA and Brazil in FIFA2010 (figured it is appropriate to use a Soccer analogy these days)

It is obvious that you should pick and choose for Epic runs. Still it doesnt have to be done in a demeaning manner.

Quote Originally Posted by shablala View Post
    The difference between and Epic raid and Shroud on Normal is like the difference between USA and Brazil in FIFA2010 (figured it is appropriate to use a Soccer analogy these days)

It is obvious that you should pick and choose for Epic runs. Still it doesnt have to be done in a demeaning manner.
    I do not know. Did a bunch of epic runs yesterday and one that stood out was an epic offering of blood. The dps in the run was very poor. Obviously a trip to myddo would have raised some red flags for some of the joiners to the group, but then that would have meant waiting around a few more minutes for other lfm applicants and spending time on my ddo finding all of this out. The fact is why not just get started and get rolling. The wizard on the run, one of my guildies, adjusted during the course of the quest and did more firewalling so although the run took longer and we used a little more resources then we should have we got it done.

I run 1000s of epic raids. Had an interesting epic dragon a week or two ago where we couldnt get a bard to join the lfm so went bardless which hurts and unfortunately we had a pug cleric who was hideous - one of the worst I have ever seen. We failed von6 first time that has happened to me in a long time. Myddo might have revealed that pug cleric was hideous, but I blame myself for not providing enough redundancy for that cleric i.e. another healing type character on first base and the players for not stepping up and figuring out an alternative solution.

Really it is always less about MYDDO then it is about mimizing error possiblity with the players you do have. All raids/quests can be shortmanned so figure out the best course of action with the group you have and put players in the best positions they can be in and then communicate well..
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Correction. It failed cause the leader was a noob and didnt explain about not running in the middle and assumed everyone ran the raid 1000 times (you know what they say about assumption). It failed cause no one picked up the slack on the puzzle (countless successful runs with many people who cant do the puzzle). It failed because maybe the other 11 members were mostly also noobs and couldnt compensate for ONE below avg dps (countless successful shroud runs with 1-5 man short, so dont tell me one low dps toon ruined your raid)

You know what I cant stand more than an elitest jerk? is one who thinks they are an elitest jerk and constantly put the blame on others.
    Real pros are those that can carry a less than ideal group and get the job done. Running with epic geared toons to finish shroud in under 30min is not an accomplishment.
    Wow. You must have been there. Oh, wait, you were not. I have lead countless shrouds and I ALWAYS communicate with the party. I ask in the beginning if there are any new people to the quest, in part 2, especially if there are new people, I give directions. In part 3 I ALWAYS say if you don't know how to do your puzzle, just let us know, we can let you out and get your puzzle done.

It's the noobs who after being given CLEAR directions and still run through the middle, DON'T communicate that they are having puzzle problems and have no hit points and no dps for 4-5 that are my problem. You probably fit into one of these 3 categories .

Don't pretend like you know me or have grouped with me. I don't just take top-tier players, but I don't take rogues with 250 hp, 26 dex, 18 con, and 20 str with no heavy fort(yes, I have seen this on a level 20).
    Last edited by Ssmooth; 06-27-2010 at 02:45 PM.
    Bjornegar, Bloodtrail, Chronogear, Clarkk, Flied, Nugente, Soulgear, Ssmooth, Throrin
    PESTILENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Xionanx View Post
    Now if only I could get rid of the people who attempt to join my lfm who are not the correct level or class who insist on sending me tells asking "hey you gonna let me join?
    And thats when you hit the "Decline" button.
    Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking.

Wow. You must have been there. Oh, wait, you were not. I have lead countless shrouds and I ALWAYS communicate with the party. I ask in the beginning if there are any new people to the quest, in part 2, especially if there are new people, I give directions. In part 3 I ALWAYS say if you don't know how to do your puzzle, just let us know, we can let you out and get your puzzle done.

It's the noobs who after being given CLEAR directions and still run through the middle, DON'T communicate that they are having puzzle problems and have no hit points and no dps for 4-5 that are my problem. You probably fit into one of these 3 categories .

Don't pretend like you know me or have grouped with me. I don't just take top-tier players, but I don't take rogues with 250 hp, 26 dex, 18 con, and 20 str with no heavy fort(yes, I have seen this on a level 20).
    1) I didnt have to be there to give my opinion on why the raid failed. I am using exactly what you described. I am not making anything up.
    2) One person running to the middle in part 2 does NOT and should NOT lead to a failed run. Maybe if 6 ran to the middle!
    3) If said noob is not done with a puzzle after 5 min from zoning in, Leader should take charge and have someone else do it. You know, that's what being a leader is about, taking charge, not just posting an lfm.
    4) For a shroud run to fail because of ONE below avg dps, or below avg HP is the most ridiculous finger pointing claim I came across. Many many runs have gone very smooth with 2-4man short, let alone below avg. Many many runs were finished even after 3-4 dying in part 4&5.
    5) Stop using the "noob" as the scapegoat for your failure to lead

Oh you got me all figured out. Yes I have well below 200hp, I do virtually no dps, I cant figure out puzzles. My weapons are actually two +5 Thundering of Pure Cheering Pompoms (keen)! All I do in the shroud is stand on the side and cheer and hold the purses of whiners and complainers, and still everyone manages to get completion and large mats in part 5. Maybe you should join our raids, you might learn something.

Quote Originally Posted by Xionanx View Post
    Personally, I dont hit "decline" usually, I just let em languish in the list until the party is full so they get a nice little "auto declined because party full" message. Solves the "why did you decline me questions".

Now if only I could get rid of the people who attempt to join my lfm who are not the correct level or class who insist on sending me tells asking "hey you gonna let me join?
    and thats why i sometimes click multiple lfms. I'm not gonna sit around and wait while you dither or you
    insult me by not deeming me worth enough of your time to click decline.
    Oh, and people that do let me languish go onto my list. turnabout is fair play.

you do have a point about the wrong class/level part tho.
    The Office of the Exchequer. 1750 on all live servers via Pure pugging. Thank you very much to all who helped carry a gimp . (wayfinder was a soloist build)

I think that MyDDO is acceptable for Raids. It's a pain to run a raid when some of your members are horribly gimped. But if you MyDDO for normal quests, you need to loosen up. MyDDO is like the short background check a company does before hiring you.

P.S. I don't like the idea of using MyDDO but I understand why some people do it. To those that have been MyDDO-ed, just move to another party. There's no harm in that.
    In case you didn't already notice, my posts that end with must NEVER EVER, under any circumstances, be taken seriously.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=3012617

I never said anything about shroud, and as all i run now are epics/tod... i use myddo fairly often
    Khyber
    Swez Sowan
    Sowen Sown Sowyn

I do not know. Did a bunch of epic runs yesterday and one that stood out was an epic offering of blood. The dps in the run was very poor. Obviously a trip to myddo would have raised some red flags for some of the joiners to the group, but then that would have meant waiting around a few more minutes for other lfm applicants and spending time on my ddo finding all of this out. The fact is why not just get started and get rolling. The wizard on the run, one of my guildies, adjusted during the course of the quest and did more firewalling so although the run took longer and we used a little more resources then we should have we got it done.

I run 1000s of epic raids. Had an interesting epic dragon a week or two ago where we couldnt get a bard to join the lfm so went bardless which hurts and unfortunately we had a pug cleric who was hideous - one of the worst I have ever seen. We failed von6 first time that has happened to me in a long time. Myddo might have revealed that pug cleric was hideous, but I blame myself for not providing enough redundancy for that cleric i.e. another healing type character on first base and the players for not stepping up and figuring out an alternative solution.

Really it is always less about MYDDO then it is about mimizing error possiblity with the players you do have. All raids/quests can be shortmanned so figure out the best course of action with the group you have and put players in the best positions they can be in and then communicate well..
    This

A Baker's dozen in the Prophets of the New Republic and Fallen Heroes.
    Abaigeal(TrBd25), Ailiae(TrDrd2), Ambyre(Rgr25), Amilia(Pl20), Einin(TrRgr25), Emili(TrFgt25), Heathier(TrClc22), Kynah(TrMnk25), Meallach(Brb25), Misbehaven(TrArt22), Myara(Rog22), Rosewood(TrBd25) and Sgail(TrWiz20) little somethings with flavour 'n favour

so despite the fact of the low HP and no fort, are you specifically listing the other stats because you dont accept finesse rogues?

feel free to MyDDO me and decide if that is the case or not. Shortling

at least i'll know in advance.
    Shortling (20 rogue) wither others leveling. "One Dwarf Army"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthesponge View Post
    well a clown getting violated by a rabid duck may be sillier, but not by much.

My weapons are actually two +5 Thundering of Pure Cheering Pompoms (keen)!
    You should have put Icy Mint on those.
    Quote Originally Posted by havokiano View Post
    you are boring. And you rosik a lot. bye.
    Quote Originally Posted by suitepotato View Post
    With the amount of facepalming we do, it's a wonder DDO players have any noses left.

1) I didnt have to be there to give my opinion on why the raid failed. I am using exactly what you described. I am not making anything up.
    2) One person running to the middle in part 2 does NOT and should NOT lead to a failed run. Maybe if 6 ran to the middle!
    3) If said noob is not done with a puzzle after 5 min from zoning in, Leader should take charge and have someone else do it. You know, that's what being a leader is about, taking charge, not just posting an lfm.
    4) For a shroud run to fail because of ONE below avg dps, or below avg HP is the most ridiculous finger pointing claim I came across. Many many runs have gone very smooth with 2-4man short, let alone below avg. Many many runs were finished even after 3-4 dying in part 4&5.
    5) Stop using the "noob" as the scapegoat for your failure to lead

Oh you got me all figured out. Yes I have well below 200hp, I do virtually no dps, I cant figure out puzzles. My weapons are actually two +5 Thundering of Pure Cheering Pompoms (keen)! All I do in the shroud is stand on the side and cheer and hold the purses of whiners and complainers, and still everyone manages to get completion and large mats in part 5. Maybe you should join our raids, you might learn something.

LOL!! So how many times can you fail 1 shroud is my question? You claim I failed in part 2,3 and 4 on the same run.

Your experience belies you my friend. A little organization is all that is required to fix some one running through part 2. That is what happened. As for part 3, I did 3 puzzles, and the other experienced player did 2-3. There was only 1 other person in group that was from a guild I recognized.

I've played since beta. I know how to lead and do so often. The problem and resulting failure I encountered involved 1st and 2nd timers, 8-10 of them at least, with no understanding nor were questions asked after directions were givin as to what was expected of the group. This happened throughout the entire quest. Let the clerics know they have to keep on the move and keep out of the blades in part 4, only to have both standing still, 1 get fireballed and 1 shotted, the other dies slowly in the blades before getting 1 shotted.

8-10 noobs. Not 1. I've shortmanned plenty of times, but 8-10 deaf people with bottom-rung IQ's simply doesn't work.

As for joining your raids? LOL, not a chance. Unless this is your 2nd account that you just picked up after f2p, YOU just started playing this game. I wouldn't follow you into ww. Otherwise, you just use it to flame anonomously.

I'll stop using noob. Wait, no I won't. If some jerk(or 10) won't listen, won't communicate nor follow clear directions, I'll call them a noob or maybe some more choice names.
    Bjornegar, Bloodtrail, Chronogear, Clarkk, Flied, Nugente, Soulgear, Ssmooth, Throrin
    PESTILENCE

Community Member

Default This

you Guys Actually Use Myddo? Why Bother It Isn't Like Everything Can Not Be Shortmanned Anyway. Just Accept And Then If They Suck Oh Well..
    +1

Community Member

Heres what I usually do,

Grab some bluff gear and make my lfm send seem more powerful than it is. Once in they see me, I tend to haggle at this point, and sense I am a tempest Paladin, I have low haggle, so I cast my party helm on myself and my character seems more fun to play with.

Once they hear me burp on the microphone. This effect seems to act like intimidate and some people either get ****ed or laugh. If they get intimidated I have to cast diplomacy to lose agro.

From then on people usually remember me by my burps and either chose not to party with me or send me invites to ask for my uplifting burps to help them carry on their day.

But in all seriousness, I usually accept everyone, ran a shroud with no healers, had bards and rangers casting heal. Don't get me wrong,.. at Harry we wiped, but was fun as hell, because we had no healer we had 4 people drop before Harry. But hey,.. we still got some small +med ingredients, plus some nice loot.

When I was lvl 9, did the whole bloody crypt series with no cleric yet again nor a caster, just wands and pots.

IF i so happen to need some certain class, i will gladly decline and send a tell with why. I dont need nor have to, but i like to offer the respect.

Quote Originally Posted by stz View Post
    qft
    Whats qft stand for?

You should qualify this with "when trying to join a raid or elite\epic end-game quest"...

I'm sure you guys don't screen for every 6 man quest, right?? Right??? Because that just tells me you suck pretty bad...

For plain old 6-man quests, I take the first 5 that apply. And we always finish. With no drama. And.... it's actually more fun that way... A quest plays a bit different without a cleric or without a caster, or with only one (or no) melee...

Much more interesting to do a quest for the 50th time with an odd-ball group than to screen for a perfect group and do it the exact same way you always do it...

(and whoever failed a Shroud because you let in one piker... you should be embarrassed to tell people that)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast