Community Member

Question windows vista vs windows 7

My home computer is set up with windows vista and i dont seem to have any problems playing the game. my lap top has window 7 and doesnt seem to flow very good. It seems like the game is in slow motion, but only when using my lap top with windows 7 I have a friend who plays on a lap to but she has windows vista. Is their something i need to do to make game playing posible on my lap to which has windows 7. It like i have no control over my charactor. Thanks for any help.

Unless your laptop is a pretty smashing gaming laptop, it's probably just a case of the hardware being better in your desktop (graphics card, processor, RAM, etc.). In general, laptops have less powerful hardware as the manufacturers have to make sacrifices for size and cooling. Only a top-of-the-line gaming laptop will make DDO run smoothly at decent frame-rates. You can try turning your graphics down to low and see if that helps, but I wouldn't be surprised if your laptop just doesn't have enough 'umph' to run DDO well (and perhaps your friend's does).
    Shiz - Ghallanda > Orien (Pharoah let my people go!)
    Shizmonkey (OG Grand Poo-Bah of R.O.G.U.E. 1st edition) and other various ShizAlts
    R.O.G.U.E. Proving Grounds Redux is now defunct. Check out Part Quatre

Community Member

Smile Thanks

Turned graphics down to low and so far it seems to have made a big difference. It seems like i have control over my charactor. Will have to play around with the settings. thanks for the help