Thumbs up Guild Ranks Over toons head

I know it's a small thing but I was wondering if guild ranks such as Officers are going to remain over the heads of the players? Most of the people in the game have earned the officer ranks in their guilds and enjoyed having it displayed for people to see, it also let people know who to talk to in game to check out specific guilds. I thought it was a great addition when it started and I would hate to see it go away.ty
    OWAM Barb TR 27/ Wraithius Src TR 16/ Kainnn monk TR 04/ Ariass Cl TR 15/Thumppp Fighter lvl 26/ Rampagee Barb lvl 20/ Merlynnn Wiz (PM) lvl 26
    Proud Leader of House of Penton
    est. 2006

I know myself and some others in my guild are excited to not have officer hanging over our heads all the time.

Will finally make our alts officers maybe from this change.

I am also kinda happy to see it go because once the guild reknown starts, people will be able to view your guild rank and if it's high enough.... well, there will be spam tells asking for guild invite if your a leader/officer.

I personally like that officer and leader have disappeared from guild tags, though I don't like that they have been replaced with the level of your guild, honestly I feel that the guild tag should be just the name of the guild. It just makes us blend in better with NPCs and hirelings, so then if my guild is named "Hireling of Xyxxy" and Xyxxy is in the group, people will think I'm just an ai controlled hireling .
    The poster formerly known as San'tar...

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Don't make me pull this forum over and come back there

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Dylos_Moon View Post
    I personally like that officer and leader have disappeared from guild tags, though I don't like that they have been replaced with the level of your guild, honestly I feel that the guild tag should be just the name of the guild.
    Yeah, this. +1
    "The sword itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with swords."

Community Member

I personally like that officer and leader have disappeared from guild tags, though I don't like that they have been replaced with the level of your guild, honestly I feel that the guild tag should be just the name of the guild. It just makes us blend in better with NPCs and hirelings, so then if my guild is named "Hireling of Xyxxy" and Xyxxy is in the group, people will think I'm just an ai controlled hireling .
    I agree. This is a great idea. I think you should be able to get the information without asking, but not have it over everyone's head.

I vote for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    Hi welcome!
    (I wonder if I'll get banned for this?)

Hiya All

I liked having the Leader/Officer over head it was disignation that was earned in our guild. So it was a badge showing you could help/teach others, be able to show some leadership. Our guild is small about 15 to 20 people covering about 45 characters.

I do not like that the guild reknown will be above our heads instead. If this is to show which guilds are active, you would need to define active. Some guilds run 1 to 3 nights aweek for 4 hours or so, others have people on nightly for 3 to 6 hours, others only once a week. All of the examples are active guilds, and those in guild like some are in the guilds they prefer that style, but the reknown of each type will defeintely be different, does that mean any of the guilds are bad or great. No... In 4 to 8 months the reknown of the guilds may equal out some but definetely in short there will be a difference. Right now on each server you see which guilds you would like to be around, from your own play style, you see the guilds you are constantly around. The reknown itslef is nice for competition, but shoudl not be above each characters head.

If not going to show rank in guild then as said, just show the name of the guild and leave it at that.
    Argo - Officer of House of Penton - Wilayreden 18 FVS - Solintinia 19 Cleric - Alkir 8/2 Rog/Rang - Theolean 17 Rang - Gchuk 14 Cleric - Katniip 8 Rogue - Igan 14 Fighter Canith - TwoLinger 16/1/1 Rang/Rog/Monk

Thumbs up Hey Racalin

Quote Originally Posted by Racalin View Post
    Hiya All

I liked having the Leader/Officer over head it was disignation that was earned in our guild. So it was a badge showing you could help/teach others, be able to show some leadership. Our guild is small about 15 to 20 people covering about 45 characters.

I do not like that the guild reknown will be above our heads instead. If this is to show which guilds are active, you would need to define active. Some guilds run 1 to 3 nights aweek for 4 hours or so, others have people on nightly for 3 to 6 hours, others only once a week. All of the examples are active guilds, and those in guild like some are in the guilds they prefer that style, but the reknown of each type will defeintely be different, does that mean any of the guilds are bad or great. No... In 4 to 8 months the reknown of the guilds may equal out some but definetely in short there will be a difference. Right now on each server you see which guilds you would like to be around, from your own play style, you see the guilds you are constantly around. The reknown itslef is nice for competition, but shoudl not be above each characters head.

If not going to show rank in guild then as said, just show the name of the guild and leave it at that.
    Our guild is ran by an active duty Marine of 14 years, and alot of the members have military history such as yourself. I earned each one of my ranks, and so have all of my officers in the guild. I wanted the rank of Officer to mean something in our guild and I think that has been accomplished. I hate to see the displayed ranks go away alot of the players of DDO spent alot of time getting theirs. See you in game.
    OWAM Barb TR 27/ Wraithius Src TR 16/ Kainnn monk TR 04/ Ariass Cl TR 15/Thumppp Fighter lvl 26/ Rampagee Barb lvl 20/ Merlynnn Wiz (PM) lvl 26
    est. 2006

Lightbulb Just had a thought

Maybe the guild level should be displayed in the who tab. Instead of the just the guild name.
    Someguy Swingsword..........10..........FTR.........Insane Bas*^r)s
    .................................................. .........................GL99: Officer
    Last edited by iamsamoth0; 06-24-2010 at 01:16 AM.
    The Truth~ +5 Transmuting Utterance of Puncturing .
    BarrelBane Crateslayers~Shamrocks.
    of Spew(Argo, Thelanis, Cannith);Chunkss[Argo]

Quote Originally Posted by iamsamoth0 View Post
    Maybe the guild level should be displayed in the who tab. Instead of the just the guild name.
    Or when you examine someone.
    The poster formerly known as San'tar...

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Don't make me pull this forum over and come back there

Arrow yup

Or when you examine someone.
    nice.
    The Truth~ +5 Transmuting Utterance of Puncturing .
    BarrelBane Crateslayers~Shamrocks.
    of Spew(Argo, Thelanis, Cannith);Chunkss[Argo]

Thumbs up both are good Ideas

I agree both are good ideas.
    est. 2006