Default Push to talk isn't working.

I'm not getting any green to show up on my name when I push to talk. Can't get the hands free to work either and not getting anything with the mic test.

I can understand if the mic isn't being picked up with hands free, but not when I push the button for push to talk.

Any ideas?

Edit: Mucked around with drivers...no luck. Checked if my PC is hearing my mic and it is. Nifty mic check program told me that.

Only other idea I have is to buy a new mic...a digital that works with realtec. Not really wanting to do that yet since my current headset is still good. It is a generic plug and play.

I really don't understand what is up since my PC hears my mic but the game doesn't.
    Last edited by KillEveryone; 06-21-2010 at 04:36 AM.
    Disappointed and without trust in the powers that be.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Fansites

2014 DDO Players Council

really simple question.....

But did you check under audio (right at the bottom) that the voice capture and playback is set to the right device?
    Don't let common sense stop you...
    Qualified Devil's Advocate ` Refugee Boldrei '06 / Keeper '09

Check your audio tab in options.

Is Voice Capture Threshold set to something very high? If so, put it LOW. This sets the minimum level of sound that the mic recognizes as worth transmitting. If it is set to maximum, nothing short of a jet engine will get through.

If the above is not true, then your best bet would be to post a screenshot of your entire audio tab (might take 2 or 3 screens) so we can tell you what is wrong. Chances are though that if the mic test is off, then either voice capture threshold is too high, or your voice capture device is not using your mic, or your mic is muted.
    Star Firefall
    20 Rogue Assasin
    Currently on life 42 of 42 (Final Life!)

Got it working.

Had nothing to do with DDO. There is a second control panel that also adjusts the mic gain. I thought when I adjusted the gain on the one panel, things would be set. Apparently Windows 7 doesn't like the software that came with the mobo and wanted me to use it's own panel.
    Disappointed and without trust in the powers that be.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Fansites