Community Member

Default What is up with Auto Attack?

So I have been doing okay with just spamming the left mouse button to attack but I would like to mix in more skills. Toggling the "attack" skill says it is suppose to auto attack your target until it is dead but it seems very spotty. If you select a target and hit the button it works but it doesn't seem to acquire new targets easily or attack very efficiently.

Is there a way to get a true auto attack (like in other games) so I can focus on using other skills?

Thanks.

hold down the RIGHT mouse button.

auto attack works well enough, but this game requires a more active twitch skills in combat than other games, thats why we all like it so much.
    ________________One of Two Kings_________________
    *Runix*Lazarath*Drednauht*Slaadi*Malrauthin*Umaru*

Community Member

FYI: If you have a secondary function on your attack button (e.g. Attack/Steer) this will not work. Holding the button activates the secondary function.

This is unfortunate in my case since I like to have "Steer" as a secondary function on my right mouse button for times when I have to toggle FPS mode off to be able click on things/people.

I've tried remapping the "Steer" function to another key or 3rd mouse button instead, but it doesn't work. I've also tried mapping "Attack" to a third mouse button, but the click-and-hold-to-swing functionality doesn't work unless you are on a primary mouse button (0 or 1). Anyone have any luck with alternate buttons for steering, orbiting, or hold attacking?

Community Member

What I do:
    I turn on mouselook by pressing 'T'. This lets me steer with the mouse. Holding the right mouse button temporarily turns mouselook off if I have the need to click on something.

I hold the left mouse button down to attack. Spamming clicks doesn't speed it up any, so just holding it down works for me.

This allows me to use WASD (or you can use ESDF to center your hand more for convenience) and the numbers 1-0 at the top of the keyboard to fire off skills/spells/toggled abilities/clickies/potions/weapon sets.

On most of my characters I have more things to click than one hotbar can hold, so for the things not on my main bar I just stop attacking for a moment, hold the right mouse button to turn off mouselook, and click on the needed hotbar. This does impact my combat ability, but not overly much since almost every action completed would interrupt weapon swinging for a moment anyway.

Community Member

Actually, I just figured out that I can keybind "Steer" or "Orbit" to my mouse button 2 and it works. It just won't work with 3, 4, 5, etc; I'm not sure why. Too bad button 2 is in an awkward spot on this mouse...

I will have to try the "hold right click to turn off mouselook" thing; that sounds useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Valandel View Post

Is there a way to get a true auto attack (like in other games) so I can focus on using other skills?

Thanks.
    No, this game actually expects YOU to play it instead of playing itself.