Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

"Fixing" one thing breaks something else. try using a bow a close range with new physics, arrows will literally fire behind you and nowhere near the target.
    Last edited by Tolero; 06-18-2010 at 01:32 PM.

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    "Fixing" one thing breaks something else. try using a bow a close range with new physics, arrows will literally fire behind you and nowhere near the target.
    Actually, that's always happened...
    Last edited by Tolero; 06-18-2010 at 01:33 PM.
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
    Actually, that's always happened...
    I ran an AA up to 20 and never observed that before. What I observed on Lamaland regarding the borked physics doesn't happen on live. it's getting to be like CoH or some other ******** MMO where it might as well be turn-based combat.

Forget about the swings/minute nerfage, the active combat is what makes DDO great. It fools you into thinking it's an action game, there is a great adrenaline rush fighting in this game. I think the physics changes foul this up.

try using a bow a close range with new physics, arrows will literally fire behind you and nowhere near the target.
    This has been fixed internally. Not making it for the U5 release but will be coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Phax View Post
    This has been fixed internally. Not making it for the U5 release but will be coming.
    So arrows firing backwards is a bug that's acceptable for release?

At this point you can count me as a "likes" U5 because there's more than enough good stuff to make up for the changes I don't like, the physics strangeness is going the throw a lot of people off. If the radiant Savant aura stayed active while fighting that would be even better.

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

So arrows firing backwards is a bug that's acceptable for release?
    Not like anyone seriously uses archery anyway.

Takai-

***? ?

How can such a critical bug fix not make the release?

Ever hear of "delaying the release by a few days to get in a critical patch" ???

Not like anyone seriously uses archery anyway.
    They won't for much longer if they let bugs like this go live. Archery is BARELY viable now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaodan View Post
    WT?F? ?

How can such a critical bug not make the release?

Ever hear of "delaying the release by a few days to get in a critical patch" ???

more people will get a huge eBoner over the airships than will be annoyed at archery being unusable. it's a costs/benefits thing.

As is, the borked archery(I can call that borked) really shouldn't make it to live, as archery is a style that is already low on DPS and now it's quite pathetic honestly, I've been getting in about MAYBE 40-50% my shots to hit, which is lowering already low DPS and I don't have shots to spare when I'm using manyshot on its 120 cooldown timer.

It is one of the things that REALLY shouldn't make it to live.

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

They won't for much longer if they let bugs like this go live. Archery is BARELY viable now.
    I'm pretty sure this bug has always been here, perhaps just less noticeable. Should an archer really be shooting a bow in immediate melee range anyway?

Takai-

Quote Originally Posted by Alanim View Post
    As is, the borked archery(I can call that borked) really shouldn't make it to live, as archery is a style that is already low on DPS and now it's quite pathetic honestly, I've been getting in about MAYBE 40-50% my shots to hit, which is lowering already low DPS and I don't have shots to spare when I'm using manyshot on its 120 cooldown timer.

It is one of the things that REALLY shouldn't make it to live.
    I think we're talking about two different issues here, unless you fire 40-50% of your shots at point blank range?

I'm pretty sure this bug has always been here, perhaps just less noticeable. Should an archer really be shooting a bow in immediate melee range anyway?
    Are you on the payroll? i've gotta ask because this forum has a few people who go above and beyond being an apologist for bugs.

When you have an opportunity to spray a room with manyshot, an Arcane Archer ABSOLUTELY should be using his bow in melee range. We're talking DPS in the thousands here.

Are you on the payroll? i've gotta ask because this forum has a few people who go above and beyond being an apologist for bugs.

When you have an opportunity to spray a room with manyshot, an Arcane Archer ABSOLUTELY should be using his bow in melee range. We're talking DPS in the thousands here.
    Well, he's right. This bug has always existed (or at least for a very long time).

I think we're talking about two different issues here, unless you fire 40-50% of your shots at point blank range?
    I would point out you're giving mechanics repeaters this patch. And rogues *are* more likely to attempt to shoot at point blank range to take advantage of the back-stab mechanic. As such, things like this will be more noticeable. Just sayin.

What % of monsters don't run at you when you shoot them? Because 100% of monsters who run at you end up at point blank range.

And the reasons why U5 is is the worst mod grows by one.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Scraap View Post
    I would point out you're giving mechanics repeaters this patch. And rogues *are* more likely to attempt to shoot at point blank range to take advantage of the back-stab mechanic. As such, things like this will be more noticeable. Just sayin.
    You need to be within 30 feet to get sneak attack with a ranged weapon, or to get the benefit of Point Blank Shot.

This bug really only crops up when the monster, or object (I've seen this happen with barrels), is basically standing right in front of you. We're talking inches of space. Probably the bounding boxes that register the monster is overlapping with where the attack originates from the bow, causing the arrow to shoot incorrectly. But that's just a guess.

All I'm saying is that this bug has been around for a very long time, and it's easy enough to avoid. I am glad it will be getting fixed soon though. I hope it comes with other archery improvements.

Takai-

I'm talking about the point blank range(which orthons and devils very much tend to be in, as they teleport there.) but there is another bug

The red named pit fiend in shavarath, that fights the warforged titan, I turned on my many shot, auto-target enabled, selected him, turned on manyshot, he never took aggro off that warforged titan and my hits just were not registering, I think out of the 18-20 shots I fired, I'd say about... 8 or 9 got to roll. Some monster seem to be exceptionally hard to hit, and it seems to be the larger ones, as I do not have them problem on kobolds, but I have seen this problem on beholders.

*edit* also, the pitfiend was at 35% hp when I turned my manyshot on, and I was staying completely still, at about, 40-50 feet away, shooting at him, the problem seemed to stop when I disabled auto-attack and aimed it myself.

If this bug existed before it's gotten worse with the physics changes, I may simple mot have noticed because my AA puts down her bow when stuff gets close. Even still, I've unloaded manyshot before in close-quarters and never had an arrow fly sideways or behind me before.

I had my bow out in Amrath for some tests on my tempest ranger to see if mob HP has indeed dropped, that's when i observered this in lamaland. Figured the bow would be a good test because it hadn't been touched by the ***/THF changes. Next thing I know, i'm locked on to a tiefling in front of me and the arrows are shooting behind me.

Same with melee, swing while running past a mob, you will hit them over your shoulder. You cannot do this on live, it's like the physics detection isn't directional.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast