Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    There is a difference between pathetic lead tracking for players, and having zero lead tracking for players using targeting.

There is none.

Can we agree on pathetically non-existant?
    Anál nathrach
    orth’ bháis’s bethad
    do chél dénmha

Quote Originally Posted by Phax View Post
    As I said, this will be getting fixed. Increasing the range would be something for Eladrin to make a decision about but increasing the range due to the current bug is not a good reason.
    This is completely unrelated to the thread, but I would really like to see the range increased to double what it is now, especially due to all the new player Mechanic builds we will see running around.

There is a difference between pathetic lead tracking for players, and having zero lead tracking for players using targeting.

There is none.
    I'd second that - arrows are fired dumb directly at the target. If said target is strafing, the arrows miss entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    I'd second that - arrows are fired dumb directly at the target. If said target is strafing, the arrows miss entirely.
    Not always, but a lot.
    Anál nathrach
    orth’ bháis’s bethad
    do chél dénmha

Quote Originally Posted by Ganolyn View Post
    Not always, but a lot.
    I've never hard targeted hit a straffer yet. Heck, at distance, I've not even hit a walker unless it was walking towards me instead of perpendicular.

They did talk during the state of the game that they'd be doing a review of ranged combat in the game, so I've been making a list of issues and suggestions to make it more fun.
    I know that the devs HATE and probably will refuse to EVER increase rate of fire, so I just give up on that one, but there are several other issues. At least Phax stated that the "point blank"/"in face" issue is taken care of. That effected any form of range, spells included.

I've never hard targeted hit a straffer yet. Heck, at distance, I've not even hit a walker unless it was walking towards me instead of perpendicular.

I think I've done it about twenty times total out of about a million arrows shot so far, so I'm not surprised. Times I know I have done it for sure was ranging the Drow Scorpion on Assassin's Roost in the desert. You actually have to physically lead track the target to have any hope at all.
    Anál nathrach
    orth’ bháis’s bethad
    do chél dénmha

Quote Originally Posted by Phax View Post
    This is exactly the problem. There was a change to range targeting for U5. This caused the "missing arrows" problem (DIFFERENT than point blank range issue). This has been reverted for U5, and targeting will work like it always does on Live.
    This is good! I figured it was something like this. Glad to see y'all were able to track it down. I have Frapsed video of the end fight in under the Big Top where I'm shooting like 7 or 8 times with no roll, no text.
    DDOcast - A weekly podcast about DDO!
    Characters: Sarlona: Mockduck (Cleric): Beefheart (Fighter): Mockduk (Ranger/Rogue): Monkduck (Monk): Veiovis (Fvs/Rog) Guild: Mockduck (Rogue) Cannith: Mockduck (Fvs/Rogue) Twitter Facebook

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123